• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,265
  • Content Per Day:  2.89
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

Physics, as we (I) understand it, and folks like Einstein, Hawking, et al, breaks down at the Big Bang. The math doesn't work out unless you add an extra dimension which opens up a whole new can of worms. After the Big Bang, normal Einsteinian physics works out. Newtonian physics is great for us Engineers but it is really a less accurate form of physics. What doesn't work out is the mass of the universe. That's why scientists have added dark matter to the equations.. No one has measured or seen dark matter, to my knowledge. It's what we previously called a fudge factor in physics, mathematics, thermodynamics, et al. There's something called dark energy too. That's the energy I use to grab a Glock and head to the front door when someone pounds on it at 3:00 AM.

Gravity is related to mass, not distance. Gravity on the Lunar surface, or Mars, is different than Earth because of its mass. Your mass is the same on Earth as it is on the Lunar surface. Your felt weight would be different because of gravity. I hope everyone is thoroughly confused now.

Yes gravity is related to mass, but the effective force of gravity decreases with distance from the mass - by 4 times for every doubling of the distance, IIRC.

6 hours ago, teddyv said:

Yes gravity is related to mass, but the effective force of gravity decreases with distance from the mass - by 4 times for every doubling of the distance, IIRC.

The gravity of Earth is affected by the moon as evidenced by lunar tides.