IGNORED

Where does it say we have to speak to demons?

Guest Zayit

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  300
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

this whole binding of demons thing confuses me. I have never read anything in the bible about man "binding" demons. The disciples were instructed to cast them out in God's name. The passage from Matthew about whatever they bind on earth will be bound in heaven has absolutely nothing to do with "binding demons. "

*eidt: typos

Edited by deadman1204

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

If everybody abided in His word like it says in Chapter 8 of John's gospel, they wouldn't have any demons. Demons and the Holy Spirit can't dwell in the same temple.

e

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Content Count:  2,230
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

If everybody abided in His word like it says in Chapter 8 of John's gospel, they wouldn't have any demons. Demons and the Holy Spirit can't dwell in the same temple.

e

Hi e,

The age old question of

Do we cast demons out of believers or unbelievers?

Has been debated whenever the topic comes up. Part of the problem is in the translations. Nowhere is it implied in any word describing the subject that the demon owns the human being - possession is very misleading. The word "demonized" more accurately describes the situation.

The Gaderine was demonized just as someone suffering from fear(a spirit) is demonized.

You bring up the topic of the temple. I would say that most people do not understand the symbolism of the temple. There were basically 3 parts to the temple - the outer court, the inner court, and the Holiest/Holy of Holies court. God only dwelt in the Holy of Holies and many abominations happened in the temple even by God's "people."(Eze. 8) and did not Jesus kick the money changers out of the TEMPLE twice no less. Once at the beginning and once at the end of His ministry. Didn't He do a good enough job the first time?

You are partly correct in your analogy of abiding but I think you meant John 15. The problem is I have not found anyone that abides in Christ 100%, or conversely, allows Christ to live in them 100%.

In regard to casting out demons from people, Jesus never cast them out of those that didn't appeal to Him for help. He helped ALL those that DID APPEAL to Him for help. If they appealed to him they must have BELIEVED He could help and thus were believers. Those that did not believe never got help.

To address the OPs question: We don't HAVE to speak to demons but Jesus never had a problem with it, why should we.

LT

• 2 months later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  13
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

I don't think that you should concern yourself with names. Dispense with them, cast them in the name of Jesus and they will flee, that is all that is needed. At the name of Jesus every knee shall bow both on the Earth and under the Earth. Use the name of Jesus with authority and show satan that you are not afraid.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest jckduboise
I keep hearing about this deliverance ministry, and how we are to cast out demons after finding out their names. I can't find scriptural back-up for this.

Can anyone help?

Matthew 10:1 He called his twelve disciples to him and gave them authority to drive out evil spirits and to heal every disease and sickness

Matthew 10:8 Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse those who have leprosy, drive out demons. Freely you have received, freely give.

Jesus did not tell them they had to know the name. He did however give them authority over the powers and principalities. We are also His disciples and have the same authority. We are not to engage satan in conversation but anyone of us who has faith in the Lord's ability to protect him from evil has the ability to cast demons out. My understanding that the only way we are able to accomplish this task is to have the faith and always do it with authority and in the name of Jesus Christ. There is an incident where a certain disciple was unable to cast out a demon and when he asked the Christ why he was unable to do what Jesus had accomplished he was informed by Jesus that he did not have the strength.

Should you practice running around casting demons out of people? No I don't think so unless a particular person wants to be free of the demon and if you do not believe you have the strength to do it alone, don't do it alone. Take another believer with you.

I do believe that certain ministries are important. Be careful, do not be foolish and listen to the gift of discernment that the Lord gives us all. Do not fall prey to any form of cult, but trust in God alone and the answers to your questions about peoples practices will be told. God told Joshua when they entered the land of milk and honey the truth is written on their hearts. That is the only truth. :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...
Guest JonathanUK

Hey,

This is a ministry I know little about, but I've had some thoughts going round in my head, I'm not saying any of this stuff is correct, or even that I've settled on this point of view - just openning up for disscussion:

Knowing the demons name - I think this can be important in the context of the whole pastoral ministry - Demons enter though a foothold? So if you determine that they have a demon of Disillusion - I think why can be an important question? It's important to remove a demon from someone if they want that or it is 'neccessary', but I think we need to consider the 'inner' healing of the person first - we need to heal the hurt the demon used to 'get in' before removing the demon - without doing so would just cause even more pain to the person - the demon has probably been in their a while - let's deal with some other stuff first - so finding out the demons name is important. A gift of discerment might be able to tel lyou the 'type/name' without asking, but until we master/giving that we need to ask? I don't think it's unbiblical to ask, and I think above is a reasonable reason to ask - but as say I'm still not sure. I just thinking sking can help discern what else may or may not need healing (there could well be nothing)

Jonathan

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  151
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  359
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  01/05/1946

I don't think it is a very good idea to say anything to demons nor give them any acknowledge what's so ever!

Snow4JC

• Topic Count:  52
  • Content Count:  2,230
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

I don't think it is a very good idea to say anything to demons nor give them any acknowledge what's so ever!

Snow4JC

Why not? Jesus talked to the demons. Paul addressed the "python" spirit in the girl in Acts 16. If you don't talk to them and tell them to go they won't go.

Tell them to come out in the name of Jesus.

LT

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Yes, you are correct, Larry. We are not to "engage" them in conversation, but rather exercise our given authority in Christ and send them out and away. I have known it to happen that one engages only so far as to determine the name of the demon, and its function or role, whether or not it is the "head honcho" or a mere minion. That can be important information. We must always try to discover the leader and remove it.

Blessings! :whistling:

Edited by Floatingaxe

Guest jckduboise
Yes, you are correct, Larry. We are not to "engage" them in conversation, but rather exercise our given authority in Christ and send them out and away. I have known it to happen that one engages only so far as to determine the name of the demon, and its function or role, whether or not it is the "head honcho" or a mere minion. That can be important information. We must always try to discover the leader and remove it.

Blessings! :whistling:

And I don't even think it is necessary for us to know the name of a demon..the nature of a demon is pretty good..such spirit of contention could draw attention..

Point being that Floatingaxe is right, we are never to engage them in conversation..simply tell them to get lost with authority in Christ and they MUST flee..