• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  28
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, Jedi4Yahweh said:

Yes, I am having a hard time reconciling the 2000+ year gap theory.   It just does not make sense to say 490yrs has been determined upon you people, then say well there is this huge gap between the last 7 yrs that last some 2000+ years.  Nothing in scripture accounts for this huge gap...at least I am not finding.  I honestly believe the 70AD Temple destruction and desolation of Jerusalem somehow fits into this equation some how.

It does.. the prince of the people (Titus) destroyed Jerusalem, the Temple, etc., but AFTER the 70 weeks. The entire 70 weeks is for the “restoration” of what was lost by the Babylonian destruction in 606bc. God prophesied it’s restoration to Daniel. It had to be completely restored before the Messiah could arrive - He was the last piece of the “furniture” in the sanctuary to be restored. The 70 weeks were completed but because of the Cross, God would also predict their destruction after 40 years- which as you know is a period of “testing”. 
God is never referred to as a “prince of the people”. The Jews are not referred to as such… they are His people or chosen people, etc. 

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  28
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, Uriah said:

Hi Jedi4Yaweh,

The most popular date used these days is B.C. 444/445. from there it is common to use "prophetic years" made up of only 360 days each. By doing so they can count 69 weeks of years and find it to be Palm Sunday with Jesus riding into Jerusalem on the donkey.

I and many scholars find it problematic. The prophetic years do not work for calculating part of the same prophecy. The prophetic years method as far as I remember came into existence in the late 1800's.

The one I provided was a typo. Should be B.C. 458. (Ezra 7). Using ordinary years, it more closely brings one to the beginning of Jesus' ministry. That would then support the fulfillment of Dan 9:27, cut off half way through (in the midst of) the week. 

Then we would not have to claim Jesus Jesus did NOT fulfill the prophecies stated earlier in the chapter, even though He said, "I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do."   

This is so true. If you were to do a study (complicated) on the beginning and ending Jubilee period (third of four), it would end exactly at 458/7 bc. The final Jubilee then would begin. Then, it would be stopped before it was completed - 490 years), at the Cross leaving the 3.5 years to begin and end in the still future. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,955
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, RevReveal said:

This is so true. If you were to do a study (complicated) on the beginning and ending Jubilee period (third of four), it would end exactly at 458/7 bc. The final Jubilee then would begin. Then, it would be stopped before it was completed - 490 years), at the Cross leaving the 3.5 years to begin and end in the still future. 

Yes, I know a Jubilee is 7yrs of 7 or 49 years, but is celebrated on the 50th year, some teach the next cycle of 7 years x 7 starts at the end of the 50th year, but others teach that 50th year is the 1st yr of the next cycle.  I am not 100% sure either way.

Edited by Jedi4Yahweh