Jedi4Yahweh

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,955
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  1

Can someone smart please show me the numbers of Daniels 70 weeks?  Show me the calculations

Note: Please refrain from posting website links....I rather you show me the calculations and explanation.  Thank you!

"Seventy weeks are decreed about your people and your holy city, to finish the transgression, to put an end to sin, and to atone for iniquity, to bring in everlasting righteousness, to seal both vision and prophet, and to anoint a most holy place. Know therefore and understand that from the going out of the word to restore and build Jerusalem to the coming of an anointed one, a prince, there shall be seven weeks. Then for sixty-two weeks it shall be built again with squares and moat, but in a troubled time. And after the sixty-two weeks, an anointed one shall be cut off and shall have nothing. And the people of the prince who is to come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary. Its end shall come with a flood, and to the end there shall be war. Desolations are decreed. And he shall make a strong covenant with many for one week, and for half of the week he shall put an end to sacrifice and offering. And on the wing of abominations shall come one who makes desolate, until the decreed end is poured out on the desolator." - Dan 9:24-27 ESV

From my understanding the 70 weeks is actually 70 weeks of 7 years or 70 x 7 = 490 years starting from the order to rebuild the temple till its desolation.

From my understand this happened when King of Persia gave the order to Nehmayah to go rebuild the temple around 440ish BC but there are many conflicting dates for this decree ranging from 440 to 490BC.  So our starting point is already fuzzy by 50+ or - years.

It says after 62 weeks of 7 years the Messiah (Anointed One) will be cut off.  62 x 7 = 434 years .  So if you subtract 440 BC (decree) - 434 = 6 BC???  If you calculate the other extremity  490 (decree) - 434 =  56 BC.  None of those numbers add up to the time when Messiah was cut off historically.

Here is another problem I am having, 62 week of years leaves 7 weeks of years to reconcile Daniels 70 weeks of years. 7 x 7 = 49 years.  Why are some people saying this last 7 weeks of years equates to 7 years when it clearly equates 49 years if we are being consistent as with the 62 weeks of years?

70 x 7 = 490 years (Seventy weeks total)
62 x 7 = 434 years (Sixty-two weeks till Messiah is cut off)
Daniels Final Week = 7 x 7   = 49 years not 7 years.

Edited by Jedi4Yahweh

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  206
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  0

But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day.

-2 Peter 3:8

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,206
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

3 hours ago, Jedi4Yahweh said:

Can someone smart please show me the numbers of Daniels 70 weeks?  Show me the calculations

Note: Please refrain from posting website links....I rather you show me the calculations and explanation.  Thank you!

"Seventy weeks are decreed about your people and your holy city, to finish the transgression, to put an end to sin, and to atone for iniquity, to bring in everlasting righteousness, to seal both vision and prophet, and to anoint a most holy place. Know therefore and understand that from the going out of the word to restore and build Jerusalem to the coming of an anointed one, a prince, there shall be seven weeks. Then for sixty-two weeks it shall be built again with squares and moat, but in a troubled time. And after the sixty-two weeks, an anointed one shall be cut off and shall have nothing. And the people of the prince who is to come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary. Its end shall come with a flood, and to the end there shall be war. Desolations are decreed. And he shall make a strong covenant with many for one week, and for half of the week he shall put an end to sacrifice and offering. And on the wing of abominations shall come one who makes desolate, until the decreed end is poured out on the desolator." - Dan 9:24-27 ESV

From my understanding the 70 weeks is actually 70 weeks of 7 years or 70 x 7 = 490 years starting from the order to rebuild the temple till its desolation.

From my understand this happened when King of Persia gave the order to Nehmayah to go rebuild the temple around 440ish BC but there are many conflicting dates for this decree ranging from 440 to 490BC.  So our starting point is already fuzzy by 50+ or - years.

It says after 62 weeks of 7 years the Messiah (Anointed One) will be cut off.  62 x 7 = 434 years .  So if you subtract 440 BC (decree) - 434 = 6 BC???  If you calculate the other extremity  490 (decree) - 434 =  56 BC.  None of those numbers add up to the time when Messiah was cut off historically.

Here is another problem I am having, 62 week of years leaves 7 weeks of years to reconcile Daniels 70 weeks of years. 7 x 7 = 49 years.  Why are some people saying this last 7 weeks of years equates to 7 years when it clearly equates 49 years if we are being consistent as with the 62 weeks of years?

62 x 7 = 434 years (Sixty-two weeks till Messiah is cut off)
Daniels Final Week = 7 x 7   = 49 years not 7 years.

Hi Jedi,

I hope I can help you with your calculations.

70 x 7 = 490 years. (Dan. 9: 24)

7 x 7 = 49 years. (Dan. 9: 25 from the commandment to restore and build Jerusalem) (I think you left this out.)

62 x 7 = 434 years. (Dan. 9: 25 till Messiah the Prince)

49 + 434 = 483 years. Thus 7 years are left to make 490 years.

1 x 7 years = 7 years. (Dan. 9: 27)

Marilyn.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,301
  • Content Per Day:  3.64

454BC - 405BC  7 x 7 = 49 years  decree declared

405BC - 29AD  62 x 7 = 434 years off to build till Messiah cut off
take or give a few years. 

No matter WHAT, nothing is written, of any 'HE'  making a covenant with many at the beginning of Christs ministry, and in the   years that FOLLOWED His crucifixion none of those things happened or else SOMEONE WOULD HAVE WRITTEN something,  SINCE IT would have been another 'PROPHECY fulfilled', but no one wrote anything I know of, YOU know anything?  Paul, Peter, anyone?

SO either that whole last WEEK is a lie, or there was/is A GAP OF SOME SORT.  

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Jedi,

I hope I can help you with your calculations.

70 x 7 = 490 years. (Dan. 9: 24)

7 x 7 = 49 years. (Dan. 9: 25 from the commandment to restore and build Jerusalem) (I think you left this out.)

62 x 7 = 434 years. (Dan. 9: 25 till Messiah the Prince)

49 + 434 = 483 years. Thus 7 years are left to make 490 years.

1 x 7 years = 7 years. (Dan. 9: 27)

Marilyn.

Yes, I must have left that out.  Thank you that makes better sense.  So the initial 7 weeks (49 years) was the initial decree till the finished built temple.

Edited by Jedi4Yahweh
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,206
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

31 minutes ago, DeighAnn said:

454BC - 405BC  7 x 7 = 49 years  decree declared

405BC - 29AD  62 x 7 = 434 years off to build till Messiah cut off
take or give a few years. 

No matter WHAT, nothing is written, of any 'HE'  making a covenant with many at the beginning of Christs ministry, and in the   years that FOLLOWED His crucifixion none of those things happened or else SOMEONE WOULD HAVE WRITTEN something,  SINCE IT would have been another 'PROPHECY fulfilled', but no one wrote anything I know of, YOU know anything?  Paul, Peter, anyone?

SO either that whole last WEEK is a lie, or there was/is A GAP OF SOME SORT.  

Hi DeighAnn,

Here is a diagram of the 69 weeks ( of 7 years).

……….I…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….I…….X….

…..Mar. 5, 444 BC………7 weeks……I……62 weeks………………………………….......Mar. 30, 33 AD   (after)

…..Edict……………………69 weeks (483 / 476 + 25 days)……………………………Messiah the Prince.

538 B.C. Daniel`s Prophecy. (Dan. 9: 24 – 27)

Mar. 5, 444 BC – Nehemiah 2: 1 – 8 Artaxerxes Longimanus of Persia gives edict to rebuild Jerusalem & Temple.

Mar. 30, 33 AD Palm Sunday. Zechariah 9: 9  & Luke 19: 29 – 44 The Messiah appears as Prince.

(7 & 62 = 69 weeks (x7 years) = 483 yrs. Sabbatical years)

(Prophetic years = 483 yrs x 360 days)

(Calendar years = 476 x 365 . 242 + 25 days)

Marilyn.

• Well Said! 1

So recalculating:

7 x 7 =49 years (From Initial decree to rebuild temple to finalized temple and sacrificial system start) 
62 x 7 = 434 years (From finalized temple to till Messiah is cut off)

49 + 434 = 483 (Messiah is cut off)

Option 1: 440bc (decree) - 483 = 43ad  Messiah cut off
Option 2: 457bc (decree) - 483 = 26ad  Messiah cut off
Option 3: 490bc (decree) - 483 =  7ad  Messiah cut off

**Dates not exactly lining up but very close.

490 (7O weeks) - 483 (Messiah cut off) = 7 years/ 1 week left.

**So new understanding the Temple desolation was not referring to 70 AD Temple destruction but to Messiah's own body (Temple) being crucified.

So what are we to make of the last 7 years left over....gapped for over 2000+ years? 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Marilyn C said:

(7 & 62 = 69 weeks (x7 years) = 483 yrs. Sabbatical years)

(Prophetic years = 483 yrs x 360 days)

(Calendar years = 476 x 365 . 242 + 25 days)

Good point, I was wondering how ancient Hebrew lunar calendars affect these dates.  

1 hour ago, DeighAnn said:

It sounds like "he" is referring to the prince of the people that destroyed Jerusalem and the Temple?  Not sure if this referring the 70 AD temple or a future temple. I have always leaned toward it being the 70 AD temple since that time sacrifice have been stopped.

And the people of the prince who is to come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary. Its end shall come with a flood, and to the end there shall be war. Desolations are decreed. And he shall make a strong covenant with many for one week, and for half of the week he shall put an end to sacrifice and offering. And on the wing of abominations shall come one who makes desolate, until the decreed end is poured out on the desolator." - Dan 9:24-27 ESV

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,301
  • Content Per Day:  3.64

7 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Calendar years = 476 x 365 . 242 + 25 days)

Wasn't a year 360 days,  not 365?