Shilohsfoal

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  5,881
  • Content Per Day:  2.47
  • Days Won:  1

According to scripture, the two witnesses come back to life and ascend into heaven before the last trump when the flesh is changed to become immortal. They are flesh and blood when they ascend into heaven. 

What would you say happens to them on a day the heavens burn with a fervent heat so hot is melts the elements? 

1 Corinth 15:50-54

Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption

Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

Bound to be uncomfortable for those two fellas, don't you think? 

Edited by Shilohsfoal

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  496
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0

6 hours ago, Shilohsfoal said:

According to scripture, the two witnesses come back to life and ascend into heaven before the last trump when the flesh is changed to become immortal. They are flesh and blood when they ascend into heaven. 

What would you say happens to them on a day the heavens burn with a fervent heat so hot is melts the elements? 

1 Corinth 15:50-54

Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption

Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

Do you think Enoch, Elijah, and Jesus might have a similar problem?

26 minutes ago, seeking the lost said:

Do you think Enoch, Elijah, and Jesus might have a similar problem?

I don't remember scripture saying it's was especially hot the day Jesus ascended into heaven. Then again, I believe he was already immortal when Thomas thrust his hand into Jesus side. 

The day those two flesh and blood witnesses ascend into heaven it won't be very pleasant. 

2 Peter 3:10

But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

Something tells me they will reap what they had sown. 

Edited by Shilohsfoal

• Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,419
  • Content Per Day:  8.21

11 hours ago, Shilohsfoal said:

What would you say happens to them on a day the heavens burn with a fervent heat so hot is melts the elements? [/QUOTE]

First, one must prove that when the Two Witnesses will be called up to heaven on a day the heavens burn with a fervent heat.  

1 Corinth

15:50-54

This passage describes the resurrection of believers. 

I don't know why it would.  The melting of the elements will occur when God creates the "new heaven and new earth" per Rev 21.  

31 minutes ago, FreeGrace said:

On the day the two witnesses ascend into heaven in a cloud. 

The resurection takes place. 

A great earthquake hits Jerusalem. 

A cloud ascends from Jerusalem and appears as a scroll being rolled together. 

When the two witnesses are taken away. All that offend and do iniquity in Christ's kingdom are removed. 

After they are removed. 

The seventh trump sounds and the kingdom becomes the kingdom of God and of his Christ. 

The elect are gathered to Christ. 

Edited by Shilohsfoal

• Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,419
  • Content Per Day:  8.21

13 hours ago, Shilohsfoal said:

On the day the two witnesses ascend into heaven in a cloud. 

The resurection takes place. 

A great earthquake hits Jerusalem. 

A cloud ascends from Jerusalem and appears as a scroll being rolled together. 

When the two witnesses are taken away. All that offend and do iniquity in Christ's kingdom are removed. 

After they are removed. 

The seventh trump sounds and the kingdom becomes the kingdom of God and of his Christ. 

The elect are gathered to Christ. 

There is no resurrection when the Two Witnesses are raised to life and ascend to heaven.  Heb 9:27 says that everyone is appointed to die ONCE, and then the judgment.  There are 2 OT prophets who NEVER died physically, Enoch and Elijah.  They get that experience at the hands of Satan.  They go bodily up to heaven.  There is no mention of receiving a glorified body.  Remember that there are several accounts in the OT of dead people coming back to life as well as numerous accounts in the gospels of Jesus raising dead people.

Yet, Acts 26:23 tells us who received the FIRST glorified, resurrected body;  Jesus Himself.

Acts 26:23 -  that the Messiah would suffer and, as the first to rise from the dead, would bring the message of light to his own people and to the Gentiles.”

This is confirmed in 1 Cor 15:23 - But each in turn: Christ, the firstfruits; then, when he comes, those who belong to him.

Notice also what else the verse tells us:  "those who belong to Him" is a reference to EVERY believer from Adam forward.  And the verse also tells us WHEN that single resurrection of ALL believers will occur:  "when He comes".  

When the Bible speaks of the "coming of the Lord" it is referring to His Second Advent.  The OT prophesies about just two advents.  His first advent was as a baby to become the Suffering Servant.  His second advent will be as the King of kings, and Lord of lords.

So, the ascension of the Two Witnesses cannot be a resurrection where they receive glorified bodies.  They will get theirs per 1 Thess 4:17 and 1 Cor 15:51-53.   It will be "when He comes" at the Second Advent.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  496
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

20 hours ago, Shilohsfoal said:

I don't remember scripture saying it's was especially hot the day Jesus ascended into heaven. Then again, I believe he was already immortal when Thomas thrust his hand into Jesus side. 

The day those two flesh and blood witnesses ascend into heaven it won't be very pleasant. 

2 Peter 3:10

But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

Something tells me they will reap what they had sown. 

Who do you believe the two witnesses were and what was their message?