JohnD

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  908
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,653
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

What is the evidence for Biblical events such as Noah's flood, the Tower of Babel, etc.?

Sea shells on the highest mountain tops.

The parting of the Red Sea (which you didn’t ask) chariot wheels at the bottom of the Gulf of Aqaba.

The fiery visit of God at Mount Sinai (Jabal Al Lawz) blackened mountain top (made of granite btw).

The water from the rock (same location) huge split rock still stands and evidence of gushing water flowing from it remains.

The tower of Babel was dismantled and used for building the walls and palace of Babylon (I am told).

Many over flights up to WW II spotted a large wooden object near the summit of mount Ararat in Turkey (the remains of Noah’s Ark) though no ground expeditions have successfully found it.

Also:

Skeptics of the Bible used to charge that Pontius Pilate never existed, until a pilar was unearthed in Caesarea Philippi with the inscription Pontivs Pilatos Procvrator. The regional governor fell out of favor with the Roman government and his name was apparently expunged from the records (a common practice in those days). But the archaeological evidence shut the mouths of the skeptics (who never apologized btw).

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  206
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  0

Quoras entry on the topic is disappointing.

Perhaps recent upticks in lies however, will help us all to appreciate the value of truth.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  348
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,501
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

11 hours ago, JohnD said:

What is the evidence for Biblical events such as Noah's flood, the Tower of Babel, etc.?

Sea shells on the highest mountain tops.

The parting of the Red Sea (which you didn’t ask) chariot wheels at the bottom of the Gulf of Aqaba.

The fiery visit of God at Mount Sinai (Jabal Al Lawz) blackened mountain top (made of granite btw).

The water from the rock (same location) huge split rock still stands and evidence of gushing water flowing from it remains.

The tower of Babel was dismantled and used for building the walls and palace of Babylon (I am told).

Many over flights up to WW II spotted a large wooden object near the summit of mount Ararat in Turkey (the remains of Noah’s Ark) though no ground expeditions have successfully found it.

Also:

Skeptics of the Bible used to charge that Pontius Pilate never existed, until a pilar was unearthed in Caesarea Philippi with the inscription Pontivs Pilatos Procvrator. The regional governor fell out of favor with the Roman government and his name was apparently expunged from the records (a common practice in those days). But the archaeological evidence shut the mouths of the skeptics (who never apologized btw).

More and more archeological evidence is being found to support Biblical history and its characters. Archeology and excavation have been going on for at least a few centuries. Recently (over the past 76 years), these discoveries have increased, and the Dead Sea Scrolls are the most famous.

For many years I have pondered, will the Lord reveal Noah’s Ark one day as a visual testimony of the global deluge? Based on everything I have seen with all the artifacts, names of places, and oral history and long-time tradition. I believe this is likely the resting spot of Noah’s Ark.  

Glaciers, ice caps, and mountaintop ice are melting and receding everywhere at a rapid pace. The Biblical rivers of prophecy (Nile & Euphrates) are drying up to trickles as we speak. Residents are calling the Euphrates a creek now, not a river, due to extreme drought and the new damns in Turkey and Ethiopia restricting the flow of both major rivers and sources of life. We are now seeing the preparation of how the Kings of the East will march over the dried-up Euphrates and Egypt’s future fate.

Biblical prophecy is all coming together, and we live in interesting and exciting times.

I had witnessed the Mississippi River, its highs and lows, living near its banks for fifty years. I’m told it is at the lowest level in recorded history. Another significant impact on the economy and transportation of goods the entire nation depends on. The perfect storm has formed, in my opinion.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,104
  • Content Per Day:  9.70
  • Days Won:  149

11 hours ago, Space_Karen said:

Quoras entry on the topic is disappointing.

Perhaps recent upticks in lies however, will help us all to appreciate the value of truth.

The Christian message sections on Quora I agree are often disappointing. I haven't been heavily involved in posting there for awhile now, but a lot of my past posts have really taken off! I was asked to be a 'parner', but have no interest in making up questions to attract interest in the platform.

Quora can be a good opportunity for believers to reach others, but you have to watch their mod style which can be difficult to deal with. I tend to try and inject a comment that might lead someone to think about God in the various subjects I have comments on there.

Apparently lots of people go there. Here are my stats and I haven't been seriously posting there lately.

Screenshot 2022-11-14 104045.png