• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,357
  • Content Per Day:  7.99
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

I used to watch this ... Old I am yet young I will be....

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.61
  • Days Won:  327

First MrMagoo 1949

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  449
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  0

LOL.  I always watched Mr Magoo as a kid. He could never see right but somehow still avoided dangerous situations anyway.  He thought the situations were something else.  I guess there's a profound lesson here when we can't "see" right and think the situation is something altogether different.  His safety nonetheless seems to have implied a divine protection in spite of his foibles.

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,253
  • Content Per Day:  3.32
  • Days Won:  30

Loved Mr. Magoo.  Hated the snow.  We have several inches and 8 or 10 inches more are predicted during the next week.  This time of year I want to see Mr. Magoo with you in Miami.  

• Praying! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,561
  • Content Per Day:  12.13
  • Days Won:  31

On 12/8/2022 at 1:36 AM, Willa said:

Loved Mr. Magoo.  Hated the snow.  We have several inches and 8 or 10 inches more are predicted during the next week.  This time of year I want to see Mr. Magoo with you in Miami.  

@Willa Some of those old ads go back years and years.........

A group of us friends go regularly to a restaurant and they have old ads on the wall that go back decades and decades..........

31 minutes ago, farouk said:

A group of us friends go regularly to a restaurant and they have old ads on the wall that go back decades and decades..........

Would love to see that.  There is a "ghost town" in Oregon that has a barber shop from the mid 1800s next to an old saloon.  The barber shop had old catalogs and cheese tins that I remember in particular.  The saloon had a 15 foot mirror that made it there by ship going around the horn to the west coast, a miracle in itself.  It had a dirt floor and the back opened up with a barn door.  It wasn't a tourist trap--it was a surviving part of an old town in north central Oregon.  

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Willa said:

Would love to see that.  There is a "ghost town" in Oregon that has a barber shop from the mid 1800s next to an old saloon.  The barber shop had old catalogs and cheese tins that I remember in particular.  The saloon had a 15 foot mirror that made it there by ship going around the horn to the west coast, a miracle in itself.  It had a dirt floor and the back opened up with a barn door.  It wasn't a tourist trap--it was a surviving part of an old town in north central Oregon.  

@Willa It's really a whole different world over there on the West Coast ...... :)

Yeah, about 30 miles south of where I live in WA I have watched a cutting horse work with a cattle dog to cut cattle from a herd.  I pulled off the road to watch from about 40 feet away.  They worked in sync, anticipating the movement of the steer and moving it.  Fascinating and beautiful to watch.  We have seen sheep being driven down the center of SR 395, a highway that extends from the Canadian border to the Mexican.  It wouldn't seem that the "old west" could still be happening today.  I love eastern OR and its pacific coast.  The area between has gone to the dogs, esp. Portland where there is anarchy like Seattle.  

On 12/9/2022 at 11:31 PM, Willa said:

Yeah, about 30 miles south of where I live in WA I have watched a cutting horse work with a cattle dog to cut cattle from a herd.  I pulled off the road to watch from about 40 feet away.  They worked in sync, anticipating the movement of the steer and moving it.  Fascinating and beautiful to watch.  We have seen sheep being driven down the center of SR 395, a highway that extends from the Canadian border to the Mexican.  It wouldn't seem that the "old west" could still be happening today.  I love eastern OR and its pacific coast.  The area between has gone to the dogs, esp. Portland where there is anarchy like Seattle.  

@Willa That's a long Highway there between British Columbia and Mexico........

(And I guess the US/Canada border at Blaine and the US Mexico border at San Diego/Tijuana is rather different, also....)