• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  392
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Days Won:  0

On 7/4/2023 at 2:22 PM, JimmyB said:

That is indeed a personal interpretation. Since it has nothing to do with the OP, what is your point?  

English translations are generally Septuagint or Mazoretic.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  4,440
  • Content Per Day:  8.21

On 7/4/2023 at 3:24 PM, JimmyB said:

Oh, wrongly translated!  Guess whom I believe, you or the qualified translators of  every single version.

Then explain why other qualified translators translated the exact same verb form in Gen 1:2 as "became/become" in 59% of ALL occurrences of THAT EXACT SAME VERB FORM.  

And what about the silly nonsense word "formless"?  Where elsewhere in the OT it is translated as "wasteland", "waste place", "waste" and "chaos".

On 7/4/2023 at 3:24 PM, JimmyB said:

What am I?  I am a Christian who believes what the Bible clearly says in every translation.  

What you "clearly" think the Bible says is not what the Bible says.

You may have your opinion.  I have the EVIDENCE because of how the exact verb form and the noun "tohu" are translated by qualified translators.

Are you aware of the Septuagint?  Several hundred years BC Hebrew scholars translated the OT into Koine Greek, which is the Greek of the NT, and now a dead language, but back then a very living one.

In Gen 1:2, the noun "tohu" is translated as "unsightly".  That isn't "formless", or even close.  It is much closer to "waste, wasteland, waste place, chaod".

And "every translation" of Gen 1:2 contradicts Isa 45:18.  I suppose that isn't an issue with you?

Speaking of "every translation", I see that you haven't done any homework on this.  Just assumptions.  So here are the translations that translate "tohu" BETTER than all the ones you prefer.

American Standard Version
And the earth was waste and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep: and the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
The Earth was chaos and empty and darkness on the faces of the depths and the Spirit of God hovered on the faces of the waters.

Brenton Septuagint Translation
But the earth was unsightly and unfurnished, and darkness was over the deep, and the Spirit of God moved over the water.
English Revised Version
And the earth was waste and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep: and the spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
Young's Literal Translation
the earth hath existed waste and void, and darkness is on the face of the deep, and the Spirit of God fluttering on the face of the waters,

So there's that.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 7/4/2023 at 4:13 PM, LiveWire said:

That God made the Universe at max capacity to fool the wise?

Bible claims God did as such [things that fool the wise] in several places.   Naturally, how the Universe and Life came to be is one of the easiest ways to fool those who believe they are intelligent.

Nonsense.  What is called "apparent age" is literal age.  Nothing more, nothing less.

23 hours ago, LiveWire said:

God blinds the Jews to not accept Christ and you think God does not do anything like deception?

This is a very common misconception.  God does blind people.  It is those who refuse to believe.  So He allows deception, which all comes from Satan.

To think that God would actively prevent anyone from believing is beyond absurd.

19 And Micaiah said, “Therefore hear the word of the Lord: I saw the Lord sitting on his throne, and all the host of heaven standing beside him on his right hand and on his left; 

20 and the Lord said, ‘Who will entice Ahab, that he may go up and fall at Ramoth-gilead?’ And one said one thing, and another said another. 

21 Then a spirit came forward and stood before the Lord, saying, ‘I will entice him.’ 

22 And the Lord said to him, ‘By what means?’ And he said, ‘I will go out, and will be a lying spirit in the mouth of all his prophets.’ And he said, ‘You are to entice him, and you shall succeed; go out and do so.’ 

23 Now therefore behold, the Lord has put a lying spirit in the mouth of all these your prophets; the Lord has declared disaster for you.”

The people were rejecting what the true prophets were preaching.

Seeing that God will ENTICE [DECEIVE, MISLEAD, LIE TO] and will put a Lying Spirit so You will believe a lie...tells me, You don't know your God at all!

Rather, you don't really understand the Bible if you think God created the universe deceptively.  That would be a LIE, and the Bible says otherwise, which apparently you are not aware of.

Heb 6:18 - so that by two unchangeable things, in which it is impossible for God to lie, we who have fled for refuge might have strong encouragement to hold fast to the hope set before us.

• Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,869
  • Content Per Day:  1.22
  • Birthday:  04/01/1968

18 hours ago, LiveWire said:

So what?

Jesus sent an Angel and Moses sat with God.   Who cares, it happened, and we have the Books of Revelation and Genesis because of it.

Why study the Bible if you don't care about it? the answer was straight from it. 

That's a good answer "sat with God",.

Moses did see His backside.

Edited by BeyondET

18 hours ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

Invisible airwaves crackle with life, Bright antennas bristle with the energy

Emotional feedback on a timeless wavelength, Bearing a gift beyond price, almost free

• Thumbs Up 1

18 hours ago, LiveWire said:

God, for some reason one day goes to Ezekiel and tells him to go see the king of Tyre.   And God also gave Ezekiel the words to tell the king.

One of those things was 13 You were in Eden, the garden of God

But You, say the king of Tyre wasn't in the Garden.

So, are you saying God is stupid and doesn't know what He sent Ezekiel to say?

God said to Ezekiel tell king of tyre 13 You were in Eden, the garden of God

Why would I trust you over God?

God always does things for a reason, not for some reason.

The man wouldn't of been king if satan didn't allow it. They all belonged to him, and probably no doubt the human king didn't understand none of it.

14 hours ago, FreeGrace said:

What kind of question is this?  Anything he creates IS young.  At the moment of creation, the object is just seconds old.  But please provide a reasonable and rational explanation for WHY God would create a universe with apparent very old age if in fact He created it very recently.

Again, what kind of question is this?  No one questions how much time God has.  In fact, God is timeless, so the first sentence is irrelevant.

We don't know what God has been doing for the last 100 trillion years because the Bible doesn't tell us.  So, why do you ask?

What kind of question is this? God created universe with apparent very old age but it's in fact a resent make over?, Sounds like selling a old car with a new paint job, give it a few scratches and dents make it look original good to go.

Guess I'm the only one willing to ask.

Your correct the bible won't tell you things like that.

14 hours ago, FreeGrace said:

Maybe if you would communicate with more clarity, I would follow what you post.  What I don't care about are the details that are irrelevant to the issue.

If you would read it alittle longer than a quick glance when responding.

2 hours ago, FreeGrace said:

Are you aware of the Septuagint?  Several hundred years BC Hebrew scholars translated the OT into Koine Greek, which is the Greek of the NT, and now a dead language, but back then a very living one.

Are you aware Koine Greek isn't a dead language?