IGNORED

The Exorcism of Emily Rose

Guest sallystrothers

Guest sallystrothers
What did the movie say about Jesus?

-------------------

Sally - what "darkness" have you been touched with?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The movie did not say a whole lot about Jesus other then during the exorcism the priest strictly uses Jesus' name while commanding the evil.

I have been exposed to evil quite a bit over the last 5 years. It was prophesized over my family, and then as it began to come true I had a vision myself of the demons who come for me and the battle over my life until the day I die.

But thank God we serve a God who is the God almighty!

Edited by sallystrothers

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,026
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0

Movies like this are based on the blind leading the blind, satan getting the glory, and Jesus is just a powerless name thrown around every now and then by a few 'religious' people who have never even tapped into or known the real power of God.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

The movie did not say a whole lot about Jesus other then during the exorcism the priest strictly uses Jesus' name while commanding the evil.

What I thought - these movies glorify Satan, yet shove Jesus into a vague corner.

I have been exposed to evil quite a bit over the last 5 years. It was prophesized over my family,

Say what?!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  151
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  06/06/1966

In the movie, the priest tells how Emily had a vision of Mary (Jesus' mom, not the other one) and Mary told her she could either come and stop suffering or stay and her story would be told to the world and they'd know the Lord. So Emily stayed because she felt that whatever happened to her it was her mission to spread the word of the Lord.

So everyone who thought the movie pimped the devil; "Oh snap! I was wrong!".

Like I said, it was a very good movie.

If you aren't secure in your faith, then you should probably refrain from a lot of activities. Not just movies, but going to the beach where scantily clad females gather. Or walking through some malls where various shops are pumping out secular music. The point is that you're either saved or you're not, and you can't protect yourself no matter how deep your faith from the assaults of the enemy.

The best thing I ever heard, and it's so true, is that if you look around you and everything in your life is wonderful... Well, you know what that's a sign of, don't you.

I also like how some people absolutely refuse to believe their's a devil. That's cracks me up to no end that someone thinks that by closing their mind to it it will go away. I can confirm that this technique only works with physical pain, and even then it has limits.

In short, go see the movie (er, rent it I mean, fye on Hollywood!) if you think you would like a good drama that has some spiritual imagery and theme. Well, only if you are secure in your salvation and faith I guess...

Guest sallystrothers
I have trouble being legalistic in terms of not watching movies and stuff, but "darkness",,,hmmmmmmmm

NOT to be messed with.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

True, but after seeing the movie I have a renewed sense of urgency on my life. It helps put into perspective the fallen world we live in and how little we can afford to have our guard down. I think Paul understood this when he talked about unceasing prayer.

I think it is easy for people to miss the original intent of this movie. Throughout the movie the priest says at all costs, the story of Emily Rose must be told. Some people might not like this because they might see it as glorifying Satan's fear based works.

But I interpreted it as exposing Satan's greatest work in proving himself to the world system to be nonexistant. Its much easier to believe in and follow God when you are constantly face to face with evil.

I do not like talking about the devil, but sometimes it seems as Christians we forget that the devil is a very real and very active force running rampant on our world. But thank God that greater is He who is within (Jesus) than he who is in the world.

• Topic Count:  80
  • Content Count:  700
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

In the movie, the priest tells how Emily had a vision of Mary (Jesus' mom, not the other one) and Mary told her she could either come and stop suffering or stay and her story would be told to the world and they'd know the Lord. So Emily stayed because she felt that whatever happened to her it was her mission to spread the word of the Lord.

my my once again it is Mary doing the calling Oh sure Jesus is mentioned by the priest but it is Mary who gives her the choice !!!! Catholci doctrine jut has to be trown in,

end of discussion for me !!!!!!!

In Christ

IrenenM

Well what did you expect?

It wasn't a Baptist or Lutheran performing the exorcism, it was a Catholic priest. I guess the girl was Catholic too, which would explain her seeing Mary. God often uses familar imagery to communicate with us. I don't think I'd survive the full blown glory of the Lord.

LOL

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  6
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

If the film is a true account of real events, I think it is good that the world (and us Christians) are made aware that these things happen, but knowing hollywood, the reality has been doctored for the big screen.

The film industry has created such imagined horrors on screen, real horrors have much less impact, and I think that is a great worry. What the bible warns as ungodly is no longer considered as such by the world and by many Christians. Witchcraft wrong, not if its a white witch!!!!!!!! I have heard a Christian defend that view. If even Christians can no longer see what is godly or not, we have much to concern ourselves about.

• Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  473
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

has anyone researched these spook flicks?

for instance,

in the poltergiest movies, some one from the cast died ( actually died ) during the filming, including the little girl who died in the process of the third movie, and they had to bring in a sub and then you never see her face, cause she dont loook like the original girl....

Heather O'Rourke died from a massive infection caused by a bowel obstruction that eventually ruptured.

Are you saying she died because she was in this movie? :emot-handshake:

I know people who have died because of bowel obstructions. They weren't in movies but they were Christians.

in the exorsist movies, i believe there were deaths during them also, and what about the omen and other movies such as these....

I don't know if that's true or not.

it is not good to be toying with the spirits that are not of God.... even playing around with the ouiji boards and taro cards and horror scopes and stuff, not a good thing to play with.....

Agreed.

Personally, I choose not to see this movie or any of the like.

Here is a review of the movie from ChristianityToday if anyone cares to read it.

Movie Review

Apparently, the writer/director of this movie is a Christian.

... but knowing hollywood, the reality has been doctored for the big screen.

This is true.

Take gunfighters, or cowboys how carried guns, lawmen, etc.

Hollywood portrayed them as wearing rigs that hung low and sometimes notched to allow the "quick draw", but in truth the rig was hip level, up to the belt. Everyone can tell you that if you actually wore a rig like those in the movies then your gun would fall out when you sat down and sometimes when you rode your horse. The holster sat way up to keep your gun handy (and your side) and in a straight up/down fashion which was inherited from the early guns that used caplock systems where a primer was used.