IGNORED

What does it mean the loss of the first love?

Leonardo Von

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.44
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.92
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

•    Rev 2:4 -> “Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love.”.

Certainly, the problem with the believers of Ephesus wasn’t with Christ. After all, see all their qualities:

•    Rev 2:2,3 -> “I know thy works, and thy labour, and thy patience, and how thou canst not bear them which are evil: and thou hast tried them which say they are apostles, and are not, and hast found them liars: and hast borne, and hast patience, and for my name's sake hast laboured, and hast not fainted.”.
•    Rev 2:6 -> “But this thou hast, that thou hatest the deeds of the Nicolaitans, which I also hate.”.

Would that, nowadays, at least, 5% of the believers had all these qualities. The problem with these brothers was with the Bride of Jesus Christ. They desired to compel each member of Jesus’ Church to be pure and holy by themselves separately. 

This is exactly what the world tries to do in order to keep the order. The politicians establish harsh laws and punishments so that all the citizens can be enforced to restrain their appetites and wishes and mold their attitudes. Although this stance could work if everyone obeyed, this isn’t fit to Jesus’ Church.

What makes the Church beautiful is this:

•    Eph 4:15,16 -> “But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ: from whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.”.
•    Mal 2:15 -> “And did not he make one? Yet had he the residue of the spirit. And wherefore one? That he might seek a godly seed. Therefore take heed to your spirit, and let none deal treacherously against the wife of his youth.”.

In other words: what makes the Church special is the delight that everyone has in the salvation of Christ (Ps 13:5; 20:5; 21:1; 35:9; 40:16; 70:4; 119:81,166,174). That is to say, instead of charging everyone for their faults, each believer ought to offer his life in a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God (Rom 12:1) so that Jesus can use them to strengthen his brothers in the area that they are weak. 

So, have a good day letting Jesus use your life to help your brother in Christ to overcome his sin instead of blaming him for his faults and trying to force him to be what you think that he ought to be.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,508
  • Content Per Day:  12.19
  • Days Won:  31

32 minutes ago, Leonardo Von said:

•    Rev 2:4 -> “Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love.”.

Certainly, the problem with the believers of Ephesus wasn’t with Christ. After all, see all their qualities:

•    Rev 2:2,3 -> “I know thy works, and thy labour, and thy patience, and how thou canst not bear them which are evil: and thou hast tried them which say they are apostles, and are not, and hast found them liars: and hast borne, and hast patience, and for my name's sake hast laboured, and hast not fainted.”.
•    Rev 2:6 -> “But this thou hast, that thou hatest the deeds of the Nicolaitans, which I also hate.”.

Would that, nowadays, at least, 5% of the believers had all these qualities. The problem with these brothers was with the Bride of Jesus Christ. They desired to compel each member of Jesus’ Church to be pure and holy by themselves separately. 

This is exactly what the world tries to do in order to keep the order. The politicians establish harsh laws and punishments so that all the citizens can be enforced to restrain their appetites and wishes and mold their attitudes. Although this stance could work if everyone obeyed, this isn’t fit to Jesus’ Church.

•    Eph 4:15,16 -> “But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ: from whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.”.
•    Mal 2:15 -> “And did not he make one? Yet had he the residue of the spirit. And wherefore one? That he might seek a godly seed. Therefore take heed to your spirit, and let none deal treacherously against the wife of his youth.”.

In other words: what makes the Church special is the delight that everyone has in the salvation of Christ (Ps 13:5; 20:5; 21:1; 35:9; 40:16; 70:4; 119:81,166,174). That is to say, instead of charging everyone for their faults, each believer ought to offer his life in a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God (Rom 12:1) so that Jesus can use them to strengthen his brothers in the area that they are weak. 

So, have a good day letting Jesus use your life to help your brother in Christ to overcome his sin instead of blaming him for his faults and trying to force him to be what you think that he ought to be.

Seems like the Ephesians in Revelation became somewhat cold and legalistic....

(Ephesus, which thought of itself as so correct...) was the only of the 7 churches in Asia that received the warning of the possible removal of the lampstand of testimony.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,051
  • Content Per Day:  3.32
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, Leonardo Von said:

Ask Martha and Mary. One was too busy serving. One sat at the feet of Jesus. Later, the one who sat a the feet of Jesus did Him a great service. In at least three scriptures, Christians were too concentrated on the GIFT and not the GIVER. Another danger lies in service. We get famous for it. We love the accolades for the Talent God has given us - because we love ourselves more. This wonderful Lord is our COMING BRIDEGROOM. Service is good and necessary, loving attention is better. It ends in service anyway because the love is virile.

I judge that the mystery of Ephesus' failure lies in the word "first". the Greek word "protos" means BOTH first in time and first in rank or importance. Here it obviously means "first" in importance. But the concept of "first" IMPLIES a second and third even - maybe a fourth. And suddenly the other "loves" of your life take over.

Edited by AdHoc
Additional thought

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.78
  • Days Won:  226

The Ephesians loss for their love of Christ.