• Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  1,060
  • Content Per Day:  1.84
  • Days Won:  1

5 minutes ago, George said:

Be blessed,

George

Outstanding post, George.  I will use the resources that you provided to read further on this.  Thank you.  

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1

4 minutes ago, Walter Goraj jr said:

Peter would have had to be about  three hundred years old if he had anything to do with the Catholic church. 

I understand that the word "catholic" is supposed to mean "universal" or "comprehensive".  I did a Bible search for catholic, univere, universal, and comprehensive and didn't find any.  Jesus said he will build his church.  I know Paul talked about the church.  I don't recall any verses wherein the church was referred to as "universal" or anything like that.  Do you know of any?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,267
  • Content Per Day:  0.97

3 hours ago, Not of the World said:

I was a Catholic and it was questions like the one that I asked, which many here believe should not be posed, that opened my eyes to the reality that the RCC is NOT the true church of Christ.  

The most loving thing we can for another is to share the truth with them.  But there are folks here saying that we shouldn't share the truth with them because they might feel offended.  

Incredible.  

You said;
"I was a Catholic and it was questions like the one that I asked, which many here believe should not be posed, that opened my eyes to the reality that the RCC is NOT the true church of Christ"

Ask all the questions you need to find the truth and anyone here will be blessed/happy to answer seekers of the good news. I came here many years ago and remained a lurker for years till I saw the way the wind blew, do's and don'ts..

There have been some and probably will be more catholics that come here not seeking but preaching their RCC dogma. It can get pretty heavy/heated, and that is why there is a 'catholic' section for them and whoever else who wants to try to share truth with them, and spare others studying the scriptures, not dogma. I tried for years to no avail on the RCC section to those preaching dogma. It is usually easy to spot a preacher posing as a seeker, though not always.

You said;
"The most loving thing we can for another is to share the truth with them.  But there are folks here saying that we shouldn't share the truth with them because they might feel offended"

Incredible.  

May sound incredible to you but hand around and watch. There are catholics, and other denominations as well, that have trouble with some of the core doctrines that most of us here stand by. And even those who believe the core doctrines can get offended. Happens probably every day, and not incredible. Reality.

"The most loving thing we can for another is to share the truth"

I also believe there is nothing more important than planting seed.
Debating church origins serves me no benefit to sharing Jesus Christ and Him crucified. Faith comes by hearing, the word. Not church history.

"The most loving thing we can for another is to share the truth"...default_thumbsup.gif.28c5d74ec901e071e66c4488446528a9.gif

53 minutes ago, Sower said:

You said;
"I was a Catholic and it was questions like the one that I asked, which many here believe should not be posed, that opened my eyes to the reality that the RCC is NOT the true church of Christ"

Ask all the questions you need to find the truth and anyone here will be blessed/happy to answer seekers of the good news. I came here many years ago and remained a lurker for years till I saw the way the wind blew, do's and don'ts..

There have been some and probably will be more catholics that come here not seeking but preaching their RCC dogma. It can get pretty heavy/heated, and that is why there is a 'catholic' section for them and whoever else who wants to try to share truth with them, and spare others studying the scriptures, not dogma. I tried for years to no avail on the RCC section to those preaching dogma. It is usually easy to spot a preacher posing as a seeker, though not always.

You said;
"The most loving thing we can for another is to share the truth with them.  But there are folks here saying that we shouldn't share the truth with them because they might feel offended"

Incredible.  

May sound incredible to you but hand around and watch. There are catholics, and other denominations as well, that have trouble with some of the core doctrines that most of us here stand by. And even those who believe the core doctrines can get offended. Happens probably every day, and not incredible. Reality.

"The most loving thing we can for another is to share the truth"

I also believe there is nothing more important than planting seed.
Debating church origins serves me no benefit to sharing Jesus Christ and Him crucified. Faith comes by hearing, the word. Not church history.

"The most loving thing we can for another is to share the truth"...default_thumbsup.gif.28c5d74ec901e071e66c4488446528a9.gif

I don't know what to tell you, my brother.  I enjoy learning and I ask questions.  I've enjoyed reading a number of your posts as well and have told you so.  

I do enjoy being a member of this community and I do want to respect its sanctity.  Perhaps @George should just invoke a blanket BAN of any and ALL discussion on anything and everything Catholic.  I've learned a LOT about the falsehoods of Catholic theology from my Christian brothers and sisters here and I have shared what I have learned with others but I have also come to understand that some here are so repulsed by anything Catholic that it might be best just to entirely ban such discussion.  

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  244
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,999
  • Content Per Day:  3.28
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

1 hour ago, Not of the World said:

I don't know what to tell you, my brother.  I enjoy learning and I ask questions.  I've enjoyed reading a number of your posts as well and have told you so.  

I do enjoy being a member of this community and I do want to respect its sanctity.  Perhaps @George should just invoke a blanket BAN of any and ALL discussion on anything and everything Catholic.  I've learned a LOT about the falsehoods of Catholic theology from my Christian brothers and sisters here and I have shared what I have learned with others but I have also come to understand that some here are so repulsed by anything Catholic that it might be best just to entirely ban such discussion.  

Temperance is an aspect of the fruit of the Spirit, otherwise known as self-control. I recall a preacher demonstrating from Scripture how strength taken to extreme becomes a weakness, but temperance shows restraint that aligns with God's Grace.

Some forums have a clause in their Terms of Service that defines and prohibits "flooding", which is the excessive posting on a particular subject.

Finally, as members of the Body of Christ we should gauge the effect our behaviour has on others and modify it to placate others rather than alienate them by intemperance in some actions.

Jas 1:26  If anyone among you thinks himself to be religious while he doesn’t bridle his tongue, but deceives his heart, this man’s religion is worthless.

Love and Blessings from Michael37.

• Thumbs Up 1

43 minutes ago, Michael37 said:

Some forums have a clause in their Terms of Service that defines and prohibits "flooding", which is the excessive posting on a particular subject.

Yes, I am aware of that practice.  

Do you know of any other Christian communities that welcome discussion on the false teachings of Catholicism?  

35 minutes ago, Not of the World said:

Yes, I am aware of that practice.  

Do you know of any other Christian communities that welcome discussion on the false teachings of Catholicism?  

Ex Catholics For Christ - A mission outreach to Catholics (tapatalk.com)

Won't you be preaching to the choir though?

1 minute ago, Michael37 said:

That message board is apparently dead.

I know that you despise me.  I will now leave this community so that you can carry on in peace.  

28 minutes ago, Not of the World said:

I know that you despise me.  I will now leave this community so that you can carry on in peace.  

Why do you think I despise you? I don't and I don't want you to feel aggrieved at being given counsel and advice to help you minister effectively as a fruitful member of the Body of Christ and Worthy Christian Forums.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  202
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  3,472
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

4 hours ago, Not of the World said:

I hope you don't leave . . . this is just brothers & sisters working something practical out.