farouk

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,398
  • Content Per Day:  12.16
  • Days Won:  31

Hi @ChristianDailyWord Here's a thread about a subject with inexhaustible wisdom: the Psalms.............. :)

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  11
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/06/2006

Favorite Psalm Scripture:

Psalm 37:4 (NLT) ~ "Take delight in the Lord, and he will give you your heart's desires."

• Thumbs Up 1

20 minutes ago, ChristianDailyWord said:

Favorite Psalm Scripture:

Psalm 37:4 (NLT) ~ "Take delight in the Lord, and he will give you your heart's desires."

@ChristianDailyWord Thanks; and keep up the daily Scripture reading and prayer! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @Mary8 FYI......do you have a favorite Psalm? (thread I started...)

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  241
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

Yes, it is Psalm 91.  I heard that soldiers in the 1991 Gulf War were memorizing this psalm, so I was able to do so.   It is such a blessing.  

• Thumbs Up 1

@Mary8

Psalm 91:

He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.

I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.

Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence.

He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.

Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day;

Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday.

A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.

Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.

Because thou hast made the Lord, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation;

10 There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.

11 For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.

12 They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone.

13 Thou shalt tread upon the lion and adder: the young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under feet.

14 Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name.

15 He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him.

16 With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation.

3 hours ago, Mary8 said:

Yes, it is Psalm 91.  I heard that soldiers in the 1991 Gulf War were memorizing this psalm, so I was able to do so.   It is such a blessing.  

@Mary8 PS: Good to memorize Scripture..................

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,058
  • Content Per Day:  14.92

(Psalms 35:1)  Of David. Contend, O LORD, with those who contend with me; fight against those who fight against me!
(Psalms 35:2)  Take hold of shield and buckler and rise for my help!
(Psalms 35:3)  Draw the spear and javelin against my pursuers! Say to my soul, “I am your salvation!”
(Psalms 35:4)  Let them be put to shame and dishonor who seek after my life! Let them be turned back and disappointed who devise evil against me!
(Psalms 35:5)  Let them be like chaff before the wind, with the angel of the LORD driving them away!
(Psalms 35:6)  Let their way be dark and slippery, with the angel of the LORD pursuing them!
(Psalms 35:7)  For without cause they hid their net for me; without cause they dug a pit for my life.
(Psalms 35:8)  Let destruction come upon him when he does not know it! And let the net that he hid ensnare him; let him fall into it—to his destruction!
(Psalms 35:9)  Then my soul will rejoice in the LORD, exulting in his salvation.
(Psalms 35:10)  All my bones shall say, “O LORD, who is like you, delivering the poor from him who is too strong for him, the poor and needy from him who robs him?”
(Psalms 35:11)  Malicious witnesses rise up; they ask me of things that I do not know.
(Psalms 35:12)  They repay me evil for good; my soul is bereft.
(Psalms 35:13)  But I, when they were sick— I wore sackcloth; I afflicted myself with fasting; I prayed with head bowed on my chest.
(Psalms 35:14)  I went about as though I grieved for my friend or my brother; as one who laments his mother, I bowed down in mourning.
(Psalms 35:15)  But at my stumbling they rejoiced and gathered; they gathered together against me; wretches whom I did not know tore at me without ceasing;
(Psalms 35:16)  like profane mockers at a feast, they gnash at me with their teeth.
(Psalms 35:17)  How long, O Lord, will you look on? Rescue me from their destruction, my precious life from the lions!
(Psalms 35:18)  I will thank you in the great congregation; in the mighty throng I will praise you.
(Psalms 35:19)  Let not those rejoice over me who are wrongfully my foes, and let not those wink the eye who hate me without cause.
(Psalms 35:20)  For they do not speak peace, but against those who are quiet in the land they devise words of deceit.
(Psalms 35:21)  They open wide their mouths against me; they say, “Aha, Aha! Our eyes have seen it!”
(Psalms 35:22)  You have seen, O LORD; be not silent! O Lord, be not far from me!
(Psalms 35:23)  Awake and rouse yourself for my vindication, for my cause, my God and my Lord!
(Psalms 35:24)  Vindicate me, O LORD, my God, according to your righteousness, and let them not rejoice over me!
(Psalms 35:25)  Let them not say in their hearts, “Aha, our heart's desire!” Let them not say, “We have swallowed him up.”
(Psalms 35:26)  Let them be put to shame and disappointed altogether who rejoice at my calamity! Let them be clothed with shame and dishonor who magnify themselves against me!
(Psalms 35:27)  Let those who delight in my righteousness shout for joy and be glad and say evermore, “Great is the LORD, who delights in the welfare of his servant!”
(Psalms 35:28)  Then my tongue shall tell of your righteousness and of your praise all the day long. (ESV)

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,027
  • Content Per Day:  4.80

Who has a favorite Psalm?

I have a favorite Psalm! :t2:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @Never Alone FYI.................Psalm thread I started; do you have a favorite Psalm?

( cc @ContinuingCorletta )

Edited by farouk