• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  20
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  2.49
  • Days Won:  13
  • Birthday:  04/11/1961

Forgot to leave the faucets open last night :emot-fail: Our pipes are frozen. We have a portable heater next to where we hope it might unfreeze them eventually. We have a few gallons of water stored. Emergency maintenance is coming at some point...

• Praying! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  953
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,578
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Weather reporter said my  own homeland reported the coldest temperature on record for the USA including Alaska. With 100 mph  winds the effective temperature was -147 degrees f (Maybe I should spell that out fahrenheit).

This morning I awoke to a note stating mywife had turne dth eAirconditioning over to heat the dog has been let out and she was off to th estore and post office. Ihad over slept  until 7:30 AM.

??? Heat, my wife up before 9:30 AM ??? Huh? I looked sure enough the heat is set to 70 F the truck is gone and th edog wants food treats from me.

Has the world gone mad? Why is it only 50 degrees f outside, with  full bright sun and going up to only 73 today? Wha happened? Did the pretrib rapture occur and I am "Left Behind"?

Where are you now and where were you then?

30 minutes ago, shel said:

Forgot to leave the faucets open last night :emot-fail: Our pipes are frozen. We have a portable heater next to where we hope it might unfreeze them eventually. We have a few gallons of water stored. Emergency maintenance is coming at some point...

Ooh, joining in prayer that the pipes  are not broken.

Are toilet tanks frozen/broken?

You likely have water in your water heater presuming you have a tank  water heater.

It is painful to even read of frozen water piping. So sorry that has happened to you.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, shel said:

Oh I was born  close to Mt Washington New Hampshire. Billed as having the very worst weather on earth.

I am now sitting out in the Peninsula along the Suncoast of Florida. it is rather beautiful right now though cold the sun rays very brightly lighting the dancing in the breezes Buddha Belly  Bamboo patch, why it is actually windy the green lawn blades swaying. That gets mowed tomorrow though. I did leave what is 25 degrees f Appalachian mountains, have the electric heat on to emergency heat there plus have the propane fireplace set to go on if it needs to  in order to keep things warm. I have under sink cabinet doors open  the water turned off and I drained some water out of the system too. Should be okay there. Will likely have a steep electric bill from up there plus a refill of propane too.

The last month we left the place empty and had the heat set to emergency heat the bill was an even $200. Still that is way better than broken water pipes like a near neighbor up the hill has now been facing. I do need to see if the propane truck delivered or not, roads get pretty nasty up there . All that is just my little "adventure", nothing much. I am in concerned prayer for your own home!

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, shel said:

Southeast MA. eh?

My family left back in 1959, New Years eve as my mother didn't want to spend even one day into 1960 still in Massachusetts. I lived at Belmont and mostly at Watertown  for over 8 years as a kid and early teen years, and still speak Bostonese. Amazing that I lived through my years at Watertown.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,468
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, shel said:

Hello Shel,

That is not a joyful experience, been there and done that. Hopefully you got the heater put in before the ice expanded enough to break the water line.

2 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Southeast MA. eh?

My family left back in 1959, New Years eve as my mother didn't want to spend even one day into 1960 still in Massachusetts. I lived at Belmont and mostly at Watertown  for over 8 years as a kid and early teen years, and still speak Bostonese. Amazing that I lived through my years at Watertown.

I first came to Quincy in 1979. We're now in Wareham and I work on Cape. Lived in Dennis for 20 years.

2 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

Hello Shel,

That is not a joyful experience, been there and done that. Hopefully you got the heater put in before the ice expanded enough to break the water line.

🤞

30 minutes ago, shel said:

I first came to Quincy in 1979. We're now in Wareham and I work on Cape. Lived in Dennis for 20 years.

I left at age 15. Have visited only a very few times since. Last time I took my new bride to Boston ( She is an American Revolution buff.) in 2018. Plus we did go up just to see a Red Sox game. 

We did the reenactment of the tea party while there- picture below is from that wharf.

IMG_4278.JPG

• Thumbs Up 1