IGNORED

The Beasts mark

alfromnz

Guest LDStudent
When you came to Faith was this a work?

Faith is a belief in the inner-being that something is true. This belief is so strong that it is manifested in action. If there is no action, how can there be faith? Read James chapter two. Without works, faith is meaningless.

If we are really obeying Him? Do we need to be doing something in particular today to secure our Salvation?

We need to be born of the Spirit in order to be saved. This is often a life-long process, as John Wesley taught, known as entire sanctification. That is a Protestant teaching; it is also taught by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. We also teach glorification, which means instant regeneration, but glorification seems to be a rare occurence. Alma the Younger was glorified. But, usually it takes a longer time to be entirely born-again. (myself included) :)

Edited by LDStudent

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

Alma is from the book of mormon and viewed as false teaching by Christians.

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  232
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

And my feeling has always been that it's not worth worrying about. It's pointless. If you are living as you should as a Christian, then no stupid "computer chip", required or voluntary, is going to make a difference. Just my opinion, though.

Guest LDStudent
And my feeling has always been that it's not worth worrying about. It's pointless. If you are living as you should as a Christian, then no stupid "computer chip", required or voluntary, is going to make a difference. Just my opinion, though.

I fully agree.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  80
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

When Sunday becomes a law....then you will see the mark of the beast. When Congress passes that Sunday is to be a day of worship....Then you will see the mark of the beast. SUnday has always been considered a day for the pagans. The followers of Christ have always kept Saturday. Do you think Paul went to the Gentiles and said to them.. YOu must continue to keep Sunday? Paul instructed them in the true day of worship and many of them sealed their fate believing that they were keeping holy the Sabbath day on Saturday. The Gentiles worshiped on Sunday as most Pagans did. Sunday worshipping in the Christian CHurch began after the disciples were dead and buried. the first Sunday law, was given by constantine in 313 AD. In the Council of Laodicea, The church forbidded people to worship on Saturday, instead they instituted Sunday festivals and mass. But there were many who still kept Saturday even at the risk of being killed for it. This Sunday change was to allow more pagans into the church without changing their lives around. THey didnt even have to give up their idols they kept in their houses. The church added idol worship and declared the 2nd commandment null and void. They changed the names of the Gods in Pantheon and gave them names such as Peter. James....Mary....

This is church history. If you want more information on the church history. Read J.A. Wylie. "History of Protestantism" or "History of the Papacy". Sit down it will take you a while. Get comfortable chair.

The History of the Papacy

The History of Protestantism

The Reformation lives on!!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Grace to you,

When Sunday becomes a law....then you will see the mark of the beast. When Congress passes that Sunday is to be a day of worship....Then you will see the mark of the beast

:noidea:

You've got to be kidding? We are moving farther and father away from the days of Blue Laws. Take a look at our society.

It is more likely that Congress will pass a Law that the Bible is hate speech rather than Sunday being a Day of Worship. If they did do that? It would be a Day of Worship for all Religions Except for those hateful practitioners of Christianity. :emot-hug:

Seriously think about it. Right here in MD just yesterday a Judge overturned a Law that has been on the books for several decades that states that Marriage is defined as between a Man and a Woman, as unconstitutional.

Peace,

Dave

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Grace to you,

I thought you agreed you were not going to post Mormon Doctrine?

Alma the Younger was glorified.

:emot-hug:

Lets talk about Faith for a minute?

Faith is a belief in the inner-being that something is true. This belief is so strong that it is manifested in action. If there is no action, how can there be faith? Read James chapter two. Without works, faith is meaningless.

I asked this;

When you came to Faith was this a work?

You are stating above that faith is an action and inner working of yourself. At least that is what I am taking away from your above statement.

You are also saying, and correct me if I'm wrong, that this Faith from within you requires action on your part to outwork Salvation.

This could not be farther from the Truth.

The Truth as stated in the Word is this;

Ro

What happens when the government keeps trying to irradicate God out of society? What are the "Christians" going to do?

They are going to fight!! Satan is a good at confusing people. Do I really need a law to say I can pray in school? NO!!!

its protected!! But what is not protected is the right to tell someone that they need to pray and ostracize them if they dont.

Thats SATAN's Way. God is always leading and impressing people to do what is right and to choose to serve him out of love. When force is used to get things done, it is the way of Satan. God will have nothing to do with it!!

Dave,

Excuse me, But are you saying that as Christian, you need to just believe in Christ? Salvation is given to those who do the will of the Father. Everyone has a choice to make in the war. God expects us to be purifying our souls through the word. If our lives are out of harmony with the word of God, we should be bringing them into alignment. This is the sanctification that God requires. By the way, NO ONE will enter Heaven, if they have any stain of sin in their lives. Why? God will only give eternal life to those who would rather die then sin. Why? God said, "It will never arise a second time". Referring to sin and rebellion. Today is and now is the time we should be preparing our hearts to receive God. We should eliminating sinful traits and habits with Holy Spirit and Bible. Sanctification means to be holy. If we are not striving to be holy people now, do you think God is going to take you to heaven to work on it there. Heaven Forbid. What would be heaven like, if let people in who still wanted to sin. Anyways, if anyone is lost, it is because they choose to love sin more than the Saviour. They believed the devil more than they believed the Lord. The believed the lies of Satan more than the promises of God and Christ. The simply love this world and all its treasures more than the matchless love of God the Father and Jesus the Son.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  207
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Remnant said:

There it is. The seal of God and the mark of the beast. one denotes worship for the Lord and one denotes worship of the beast. Sabbath(saturday) of the Lord thy God or the Sunday, the mark of the beast.

This is so silly its hard to comprehend how anyone could take this seriously. If im praying or worshipping God in an

airplane and I happen to cross into a time-zone where its now Sunday i'll have taken the mark of the beast? What

possesses people to think this way? It's insane. Anyone can buy or sell on either saturday or sunday.

Edited by tdrehfal