IGNORED

Evolution's Achilles Heel ~ ~ Book, 9 Ph.D Scientists and Doctors ~ ~ Discussion

believeinHim

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  431
  • Topics Per Day:  0.28
  • Content Count:  3,209
  • Content Per Day:  2.08
  • Days Won:  0

Anyone read Evolution's Achilles Heels ~ ~ ? It's a book by 9phD Scientists and Doctors ~ ~ Discussion about the book and what's in it, here. I am in the Natural Selection part of it on page 42. Something about guppies evolving in to guppies. Or finches, Still being finches.

It's interesting, and incredibly complicated to keep up with. I will post some excerpts here from it that I find interesting. Would appreciate discussion about "Evolution's Achilled Heels" ~ ~ book. 

"Evolutions' Achilles Heel" ~Donald Batten, Ph.D., Robert Carter, Ph.D., David Catchpoole, Ph.D, John Hartnett, Ph.D., Mark Harwood, Ph.D., Jim Mason, Ph.D., Jonathan Sarfati, Ph.D., Emil Silvestru, Ph.D., Tasman Walker, Ph.D., and Creation.com also has a book called The Titans, Which is about dinosaurs and that is a whole other topic.  Let's keep this one to the book, "Evolution's Achilles Heel". Evolution's Achilles' Heels (creation.com)

Edited by believeinHim

• believeinHim changed the title to Evolution's Achilles Heel ~ ~ Book, 9 Ph.D Scientists and Doctors ~ ~ Discussion

Page 12, Dr Carl Wieland, M.B., B.S.,

In fact, the models that have been constructed on the basis of such biblical presuppositions have actually been extraordinarily fruitful, particularly when one contemplates the number of personnel involved. The minuscule number of people actually thinking and researching in such areas pales into insignificance next to those similarly occupied within the taxpayer-funded juggernauts of evolutionism.

Building models or critiquing evolution?

As important as creationist model-building and model-refining is, though, Evolution's Achilles' Heels is not primarily about that. Its focus is unashamedly on critiquing evolution. Granted, believers are not supposed to be argumentative and objectionable. {Input, Me, I disagree}. In giving reasons for what we believe, we are to do so "with gentleness and respect" (1 Peter 3:15). But we are supposed to "demolish arguments" that are set up in opposition to God. This is how the Apostle Paul described the aspect of the mission of followers of Jesus in 2 Corinthians 10:5.

1 Peter 3:15,15 But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect,

2 Corinthians 10:5,We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,264
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  1

Do they give examples of where creationists predicted something that was affirmed through evidence?

• Interesting! 1

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  5,051
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

Since you've read it, how about telling us what you think the most compelling evidence against evolution is?    The link has no data, just a video.  

If you find several arguments therein to be compelling, you could show us his evidence for each of them.    But by all means, show us the one you found most compelling.

What would that be?

• 1 month later...

Haldane's Dilemma is where I am at now. I am hoping to discuss this book with other users who are also reading the book alongside me. This is from January 13, 2023, And this is where I am at now. It has taken me ove ra montht oget here.

Life goes to fast for me, And I can't keep up. It is apart of my illness. I would appreciate it if I were respected as being a Disabled class of citizen while discussing this book.

If anyone has or is reading the book, I am at the part of Haldane's Dilemma, And Genetics, And DNA>. If anyone has bought or is reading the book, Let's discuss it here. Thanks.I am confused at the book, And undeable to read, understand, and apply. I am having a nincredibly difficult time translating and interpreting this,

But, So I would like to discuss the book here. I am in the chapter that discusses DNA and J.B.S, Haldane's Dilemma. Let's discuss here. Thanks.

Edited by believeinHim

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  5,051
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

"Haldane's Dilemma" has to do with the notion of "cost" incurred by the evolution of favorable alleles in a population.    J. B. S. Haldane, the geneticist who first considered it, said that his findings would no doubt need revision when all factors were considered.   If take as a literal law, it would mean that things like the evolution of antibiotic resistance in bacteria would be impossible. 

Since such evolution has been observed, the model of "Haldane's Dilemma" has been abandoned, and more accurate models have been adopted.     An important principle in science is that if reality doesn't fit the model, the model is wrong.    It might work for a human-operated breeding program, but the model falls apart in a natural environment.

Haldane's Dilemma Resolved: Fixing Neutral Mutations Costs Nothing

Basically:

• There are multiple genes for a single phenotype, so fixing for a phenotype is cheaper than the naive cost of fixing for a genotype.

• A gene may be effectively fixed, with only neutral variations in existence, giving the impression of genetic diversity.

• Populations in divergence can fix different neutral variations, which pays for the diversity loss with no real fitness loss.

With respect to neutral substitutions, it follows that there is no real dilemma. They can easily account for the approximately 30 million nucleotide differences observed between humans and chimpanzees.

Yeah. Basically, Haldane was right, if you were breeding cows. It's only a problem for the cows because we're applying very strong purifying selection and inbreeding a lot, and so we're likely to fix a recent off-target mutation. Otherwise, since many mutations are neutral, they generate variation that can be fixed in the background of selection at no real cost, allowing for higher order organisms to exceed Haldane's Limit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DebateEvolution/comments/k7zu5f/haldanes_dilemma_resolved_fixing_neutral/

This article sums up Haldane's Dilemma very well.  Worth reading.

• Oy Vey! 1

• 2 weeks later...

On 2/22/2023 at 10:35 AM, The Barbarian said:

www . reddit . com

The Barbarian, If  you do nnot want your posts reported by me, Thus it will get my posts deleted, Please do not site sources such as Reddit when replying to a disabled lady especially on a Christian website ! 

Edited by believeinHim

Haldane calculated that no more than 1,667 beneficial substitutions could have occurred in the supposed 10 million years since the last common ancestor of apes and humans.

That up above is from a web search, Though not from the book. I have not made any further progress since my last post about it on February 19th, 2023. 

Edited by believeinHim

That said, no one knows how long it takes for a mutation to become fixed Haldane said 300 generations yet a fruit fly experiment has it over 600 gemrations (and still nothing became fixed).

Further studying and sourcing from an internet search, I think this is from Wikipedia, Browser Source, {Microsoft Edge}, 

Edited by believeinHim