• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,132
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

22 hours ago, PrayerWife said:

I serve The Prince of Peace, and I can't figure out why some think they can have the Bible in one hand, and a weapon in the other...is The Lord really their Sar Shalom/Prince of Peace?

This is probably a "hot potato" topic, but I honestly wonder. 😊

It depends on the situation.

• Interesting! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.42
  • Content Count:  2,092
  • Content Per Day:  2.58
  • Days Won:  5

1 hour ago, Marathoner said:

I've never understood that myself. We are given a new commandment by the Lord, to love one another as He loves us, and gave Himself for our sake. As we receive from the Lord, we are to give to our neighbor. 

Never return evil for evil, but good for evil. 
Love your enemies and bless them, even those who persecute you.
Bless and do not curse.  

I've faced evil men with nothing in my hands, knowing that nothing befalls me that isn't the will of the Lord who gave me His life. The Lord gives and He takes, and I trust Him though He slay me. :) 

Militancy is not the way of Christ. 

I totally agree with you there! ☺️ Shalom! 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Jesus gives sage advice to the disciples He is sending out to preach.

Luke 22:36  He (Jesus) said to them, “But now let the one who has a moneybag take it, and likewise a knapsack. And let the one who has no sword sell his cloak and buy one. [ESV]

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

Here is a couple verses many don't remember reading about weapons. One end of their weapon required them to keep it handy.

Deut 23

12 Thou shalt have a place also without the camp, whither thou shalt go forth abroad:

13 And thou shalt have a paddle upon thy weapon; and it shall be, when thou wilt ease thyself abroad, thou shalt dig therewith, and shalt turn back and cover that which cometh from thee:

4 hours ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

Jesus gives sage advice to the disciples He is sending out to preach.

Luke 22:36  He (Jesus) said to them, “But now let the one who has a moneybag take it, and likewise a knapsack. And let the one who has no sword sell his cloak and buy one. [ESV]

And what about the rest of the sum of the Holy Word? 

• Oy Vey! 1

2 hours ago, coheir said:

Here is a couple verses many don't remember reading about weapons. One end of their weapon required them to keep it handy.

Deut 23

12 Thou shalt have a place also without the camp, whither thou shalt go forth abroad:

13 And thou shalt have a paddle upon thy weapon; and it shall be, when thou wilt ease thyself abroad, thou shalt dig therewith, and shalt turn back and cover that which cometh from thee:

• Oy Vey! 1

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

6 hours ago, PrayerWife said:

6 hours ago, PrayerWife said:

Well the op did not mention the rest of the Bible.

Deu 4: 29

But if from thence thou shalt seek the LORD thy God, thou shalt find him, if thou seek him with all thy heart and with all thy soul.

Jere 31:31

Rom 3:21

Colos 1:18

Colos 2:14

Gal 3:24

Gal 4: 4,5

Mark 14:24

Rom 7:6

Eph 2: 11-16 esp 15

Like 22:20

Acts 13:39

Heb 12: 24

2 Cor 3: 6

John 1: 1, 17

Rom 2: 28,29

Rom4: 3-7

Rom 6: 17

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

On 2/18/2023 at 12:35 AM, PrayerWife said:

What about it? There's nowhere in scripture that prohibits the ownership of weapons.

There's a lot of scripture describing the use of weapons, many describing the proper use of weapons, but there aren't any prohibiting them.

So, the question is what about them is a question you should be asked. You are the one you says that christians should not have them, so it seems to me the burden of proof is on you to show where the Bible says christians shouldn't have weapons, which so far you have not.

All you've done is ask questions like "what about everything else" when someone brings up scripture that shows we can have weapons, which really isn't a valid counter argument.

1 hour ago, The_Patriot21 said:

What about it? There's nowhere in scripture that prohibits the ownership of weapons.

There's a lot of scripture describing the use of weapons, many describing the proper use of weapons, but there aren't any prohibiting them.

So, the question is what about them is a question you should be asked. You are the one you says that christians should not have them, so it seems to me the burden of proof is on you to show where the Bible says christians shouldn't have weapons, which so far you have not.

All you've done is ask questions like "what about everything else" when someone brings up scripture that shows we can have weapons, which really isn't a valid counter argument.

I believe that if one really wants something (which the Lord doesn't appreciate), they will try hard to find scripture about the matter, and it is very difficult to change their minds, so I can only pray. 🙏🏽☺️

• Followers:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

49 minutes ago, PrayerWife said:

I believe that if one really wants something (which the Lord doesn't appreciate), they will try hard to find scripture about the matter, and it is very difficult to change their minds, so I can only pray. 🙏🏽☺️

That's a true statement, however, I find people also try very hard to put their own beliefs into scripture. You said, that you believe God doesn't want us to have weapons. You made that claim, it is your belief.

Which is why I asked you to bring forth scripture. The Bible is our window into what God wants of us. And you told us to look at scripture. However, the thing is scripture has been presented to you, in droves that show that your belief, that christians cant own weapons, is incorrect.

While you have refused to list a single scripture to back up your beliefs. So the question I have for you, is your belief based in scripture, or is your belief based on your personal perception of who Jesus is? 

Or is it influenced by the world's views on weapons, and your trying to justify it somehow?

Scripture is our guidebook to life, and as it's God's holy word, as such it is the final authority. You are correct in saying some people pick and choose to fulfill their own agenda, but that doesn't mean that is what we are doing. And so far you have not demonstrated that our beliefs are wrong, the only thing you have shared are your own personal beliefs based upon your opinions, not the Bibles.

• Well Said! 1