IGNORED

Addictions, bad and good........tattoos of Bible verses; thoughts?

farouk

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,400
  • Content Per Day:  12.14
  • Days Won:  31

31 minutes ago, Heleadethme said:

What a sad state the church is in today.  No discernment at all.  Regardless of our liberty, Jesus is not the minister of sin and He doesn't want us to defile His temple....HIS temple, not ours, as we have been bought with a price.

I wish you would spend your time preaching the word, instead of spreading the gospel of tattoos, and going out of your way so far as to keep asking people specifically to come to your thread to post.  It's evil what you are doing, encouraging young believers to get tattooed or become tattoo artists, not just here but on at least one other forum that I've seen, instead of encouraging holiness. 

One really has to wonder why this is such an important issue for you.  I would encourage you at the very least to take to heart the whole chapter of Romans 14 and not just the parts you happen to like.  Lord, help us.

@Heleadethme If I have misspoken in some way I am sorry. I just wonder what your own reaction might have been if you had sensed the joy that the young lady that my wife and I had talked with in proclaiming John 3.16 which she had received as a tattoo. (She is not the only young Christian with John 3.16 tattooed in full that I have spoken with.)

Just recently I think you said that with some things it's best not to be too dogmatic.

I'm not sure that my own reading of Romans 14 reveals the meaning: "I am determined to be offended by you, therefore you are evil".

Anyway, thanks for having taken the trouble to comment thoughtfully.

( cc @Rosie1jack2pauline3  @Tristen )

Edited by farouk
  • Huh?  I don't get it. 1

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Content Per Day:  2.44
  • Days Won:  11

54 minutes ago, farouk said:

Hi @Selah7 FYI...........does any of this thread make sense to you? ....do you have any wisdom?

Well yeah, I’ve got lots of wisdom! F0ACE3F9-898B-4337-B535-248A9973DF8D.gif.d3c36cef60c312a22fde7dfdfaf3a4d5.gif  I say if you really, really want one, by all means, get one. 

Just now, Selah7 said:

Well yeah, I’ve got lots of wisdom! F0ACE3F9-898B-4337-B535-248A9973DF8D.gif.d3c36cef60c312a22fde7dfdfaf3a4d5.gif  I say if you really, really want one, by all means, get one. 

@Selah7 Good joke and pun there........ :)

I meant, really, about the topic...?

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Content Per Day:  2.44
  • Days Won:  11

4 minutes ago, farouk said:

@Selah7 Good joke and pun there........ :)

I meant, really, about the topic...?

The Lord has given me much wisdom concerning His Word.  Instead of using a tattoo to spread the gospel, I’d rather use my mouth.  That’s just me.  Tattoos get yucky looking after a while and I wouldn’t want John 3:16, for example, to be viewed with any sort of wrinkle in it.  A1B0652C-9B4D-447E-9DC8-26EF974FE636.gif.509c694dcd8e6725d334793ccd048a99.gif

• Haha 1
  • Thanks 1

@JustClay Thanks for your reaction. Any wisdom about this topic?

7 minutes ago, Selah7 said:

The Lord has given me much wisdom concerning His Word.  Instead of using a tattoo to spread the gospel, I’d rather use my mouth.  That’s just me.  Tattoos get yucky looking after a while and I wouldn’t want John 3:16, for example, to be viewed with any sort of wrinkle in it.  A1B0652C-9B4D-447E-9DC8-26EF974FE636.gif.509c694dcd8e6725d334793ccd048a99.gif

@Selah7 Thanks for your comment! Admittedly young ppl seemingly with decades ahead of them don't think in terms of wrinkles, etc. But I have spoken with more than one young Christian who painstakingly received every word of John 3.16 on their arm/wrist areas as an enduring witness tool, likely to bring about many conversations way into the future or be a silent witness. Different Christians will inevitably have various viewpoints on this; I reckon the motive for doing it is at least worthy of respect....

• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

1 hour ago, farouk said:

@Heleadethme If I have misspoken in some way I am sorry. I just wonder what your own reaction might have been if you had sensed the joy that the young lady that my wife and I had talked with in proclaiming John 3.16 which she had received as a tattoo. (She is not the only young Christian with John 3.16 tattooed in full that I have spoken with.)

Just recently I think you said that with some things it's best not to be too dogmatic.

I'm not sure that my own reading of Romans 14 reveals the meaning: "I am determined to be offended by you, therefore you are evil".

Anyway, thanks for having taken the trouble to comment thoughtfully.

( cc @Rosie1jack2pauline3  @Tristen )

I'm not determined to be offended by you.  Wouldn't even have bothered with this  unedifying topic if you hadn't called me over here more than once.  And no of course that is not what Romans 14 is saying, though you were just speaking sarcastically. 

This thread is not just discussion, it is actively encouraging young people to do what is contrary to the word of God and holiness.....and that is evil! 

God doesn't need or want our worldly, fleshly, dubious gimmicks to try and win souls.  Our weapons are not carnal but spiritual.  Why don't you use your efforts to encourage people in things like that, things that are profitable and edifying to help people grow and mature in Christ?

I don't see anything in the word where it teaches followers of Jesus to be led by our feelings and what seemeth right to us.  It teaches otherwise.

• Loved it! 1
  • Well Said! 1

On 2/23/2023 at 9:08 AM, kwikphilly said:

" Look ma,I figured you can't get mad with this tat".... A Cross

I had to smile,he understood I was not going to be pleased or give him permission at his age(16 I think?)

@kwikphilly ....though I guess it's wiser to wait until (at least) 18, right...? ::rolleyes:

• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

1Th 5:21-23

Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.

Abstain from all appearance of evil.

And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

• Thumbs Up 3

@Heleadethme I guess my understanding of how the different parts of Scripture fit together is dispensational: I'm very fallible in my understanding, but I guess I am guided by the idea that instead of now being Old Testament Jews in the land under the law - with bushy beards, etc. - we are New Testament believers for whom the Gospel as opposed to the law is the rule; and some young ppl - exercising Romans 14 Christian liberty might choose certain means that some other Christians equally motivated by Gospel zeal might not.

I know the Reformed constituency - which I appreciate in various ways - would see the law as the rule of the believer's life; I myself, in all my fallibility, would tend to see better the dispensational view that it is the Gospel that is the rule.

Edited by farouk