• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,671
  • Content Per Day:  12.17
  • Days Won:  31

2 minutes ago, Rosie1jack2pauline3 said:

Why does it do damage,.?I spoke in tongues not long after I was “ Birthed in the Spirit “ it’s a gift from the Holy Spirit..you can’t deny speaking in tongues because it upsets, it’s the word of God that counts..

@Rosie1jack2pauline3 The point is, If one says to someone who is genuinely converted and thus indwelt by the Spirit (Romans 8.9), "Oh, you're not a true believer until you speak in tongues", this can be very discouraging and confusing.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  11

Regarding tongues … Me?  I actually believe that “tongues” means languages—many different languages.  Okay, so what happened on Pentecost day?  It was the “tongues” that gave evidence of the presence of the Holy Spirit, right?  Do you know what that evidence was?  ….that the gospel was heard in every language of those that heard it at the same moment in time.  In other words, everyone heard the gospel in their own language.  Every person there totally and perfectly understood every word —and it didn’t sound like gobbledygook, either.  No interpreter was even needed.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Topic Count:  743
  • Topics Per Day:  1.31
  • Content Count:  3,893
  • Content Per Day:  6.84
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  02/18/1956

32 minutes ago, Selah7 said:

Regarding tongues … Me?  I actually believe that “tongues” means languages—many different languages.  Okay, so what happened on Pentecost day?  It was the “tongues” that gave evidence of the presence of the Holy Spirit, right?  Do you know what that evidence was?  ….that the gospel was heard in every language of those that heard it at the same moment in time.  In other words, everyone heard the gospel in their own language.  Every person there totally and perfectly understood every word —and it didn’t sound like gobbledygook, either.  No interpreter was even needed.

Amen. The Holy Spirit fulfilled the Lord's Purpose

Acts 4:29-31 Now, Lord, look on their threats, and grant to Your servants that with all boldness they may speak Your word, by stretching out Your hand to heal, and that signs and wonders may be done through the name of Your holy Servant Jesus. And when they had prayed, the place where they were assembled together was shaken; and they were all filled with the Holy Spirit, and they spoke the word of God with boldness.

They prayed. They asked for boldness. They were filled. They spoke with boldness. Their hearts were aligned

by/with the Lord's Purpose.

John 16:12-15 I still have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now. However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come. He will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare it to you. All things that the Father has are Mine. Therefore I said that He will take of Mine and declare it to you.

As sister @Selah7 has pointed out from Acts 2, there was a Purpose behind everyone hearing 

in their own languages, drawing them near, even as at Sinai, by the sound of shophar. They were now

assembled to hear Peter speak.

5 And there were dwelling in Jerusalem Jews, devout men, from every nation under heaven. 6 And when this sound occurred, the multitude came together, and were confused, because everyone heard them speak in his own language. 7 Then they were all amazed and marveled, saying to one another, Look, are not all these who speak Galileans? 8 And how is it that we hear, each in our own language in which we were born? 

—we hear them speaking in our own tongues the wonderful works of God. 12 So they were all amazed and perplexed, saying to one another, “Whatever could this mean? 13 Others mocking said, “They are full of new wine.”

14 But Peter, standing up with the eleven, raised his voice and said to them....

• Well Said! 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, farouk said:

@Rosie1jack2pauline3 The point is, If one says to someone who is genuinely converted and thus indwelt by the Spirit (Romans 8.9), "Oh, you're not a true believer until you speak in tongues", this can be very discouraging and confusing.

There is only one scriptural proof that someone is born again.

John 13:34 A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another. 35 By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.

The Fervent Love of the Saints

1 Peter 1:22 Since you have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit in sincere love of the brethren, love one another fervently with a pure heart23 having been born again, not of corruptible seed but incorruptible, through the word of God which lives and abides forever, 

• Praise God! 1

1 minute ago, Rosie1jack2pauline3 said:

There is more than one scriptural proof.that one is “ Born Again”

Romans 8

New International Version

Life Through the Spirit

Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives life has set you[a] free from the law of sin and death. For what the law was powerless to do because it was weakened by the flesh,[b] God did by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh to be a sin offering.[c] And so he condemned sin in the flesh, in order that the righteous requirement of the law might be fully met in us, who do not live according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.

Those who live according to the flesh have their minds set on what the flesh desires; but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires. The mind governed by the flesh is death, but the mind governed by the Spirit is life and peace. The mind governed by the flesh is hostile to God; it does not submit to God’s law, nor can it do so. Those who are in the realm of the flesh cannot please God.

You, however, are not in the realm of the flesh but are in the realm of the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, they do not belong to Christ. 10 But if Christ is in you, then even though your body is subject to death because of sin, the Spirit gives life[d] because of righteousness. 11 And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies because of[e] his Spirit who lives in you.

12 Therefore, brothers and sisters, we have an obligation—but it is not to the flesh, to live according to it. 13 For if you live according to the flesh, you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the misdeeds of the body, you will live.

14 For those who are led by the Spirit of God are the children of God. 15 The Spirit you received does not make you slaves, so that you live in fear again; rather, the Spirit you received brought about your adoption to sonship.[f] And by him we cry, “Abba,[g] Father.” 16 The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children. 17 Now if we are children, then we are heirs—heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory

Not really. There is only one bottom line.

1 Corinthians 13:1-3 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal.  And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, but have not love, it profits me nothing.

1 minute ago, Rosie1jack2pauline3 said:

I’ve just given you this scripture, are you denying it?

Romans 8

New International Version

Life Through the Spirit

Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives life has set you[a] free from the law of sin and death. For what the law was powerless to do because it was weakened by the flesh,[b] God did by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh to be a sin offering.[c] And so he condemned sin in the flesh, in order that the righteous requirement of the law might be fully met in us, who do not live according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.

Those who live according to the flesh have their minds set on what the flesh desires; but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires. The mind governed by the flesh is death, but the mind governed by the Spirit is life and peace. The mind governed by the flesh is hostile to God; it does not submit to God’s law, nor can it do so. Those who are in the realm of the flesh cannot please God.

You, however, are not in the realm of the flesh but are in the realm of the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, they do not belong to Christ. 10 But if Christ is in you, then even though your body is subject to death because of sin, the Spirit gives life[d] because of righteousness. 11 And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies because of[e] his Spirit who lives in you.

12 Therefore, brothers and sisters, we have an obligation—but it is not to the flesh, to live according to it. 13 For if you live according to the flesh, you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the misdeeds of the body, you will live.

14 For those who are led by the Spirit of God are the children of God. 15 The Spirit you received does not make you slaves, so that you live in fear again; rather, the Spirit you received brought about your adoption to sonship.[f] And by him we cry, “Abba,[g] Father.” 16 The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children. 17 Now if we are children, then we are heirs—heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory

Deny what? That you can cut and paste? Count the IF's.

What exactly are you citing that proves someone is born again?

John 14:15 If you love Me, keep My commandments.

There are many expectations. Love covers all. 

Colossians 3:14 But above all these things put on love, which is the bond of perfection.

1 Corinthians 12:4-7 There are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit.  There are differences of ministries, but the same Lord.  And there are diversities of activities, but it is the same God who works [e]all in all.  But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to each one for the profit of all:

31 But earnestly desire the best gifts.

And yet I show you a more excellent way.

What way is that? Next chapter please.

7 minutes ago, Rosie1jack2pauline3 said:

Exactly and where does our love come from?

From above, in those who have been born from above. 

Just now, Rosie1jack2pauline3 said:

I have quoted scripture...I don’t think you are understanding it...if you can’t “ see” what the word of God is saying about being “ Born Again”, I certainly can’t open your eyes to his truth, only he can do that.

I have read scripture. Mission accomplished. Thanks. 

17 minutes ago, Rosie1jack2pauline3 said:

Now if we are children, then we are heirs—heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory

Are you saying that suffering proves we are born again? 

2 minutes ago, Rosie1jack2pauline3 said:

We Love, because He first Loved us....otherwise how would we know what God’s Love is?

2 John 1: 6 This is love, that we walk according to His commandments. This is the commandment, that as you have heard from the beginning, you should walk in it.

John 13:34 A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another. 35 By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.

The Test of Knowing Him

1 John 2:3-8 Now by this we know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments.  He who says, “I know Him,” and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.  But whoever keeps His word, truly the love of God is perfected in him. By this we know that we are in Him. He who says he abides in Him ought himself also to walk just as He walked. Brethren, I write no new commandment to you, but an old commandment which you have had from the beginning. The old commandment is the word which you heard from the beginning. Again, a new commandment I write to you, which thing is true in Him and in you, because the darkness is passing away, and the true light is already shining.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,147
  • Content Per Day:  4.60
  • Days Won:  327

3 hours ago, farouk said:

@kwikphilly Indeed, the 'tongues as initial evidence' doctrine does a lot of damage..........

Agreed Brother- especially to the Babes,discouraging,unedifying and just not Scriptural,again we find misapplication, misinterpreted out of context " rubbish"..... Selah and MrM explained well

Very sad to actually witness the congregation trying to literally " force' jibberish out of a person....I've seen it and it's heartbreaking,I've seen many a Believer " speak in unknown tongue" and they do not try the spirits-father of lies is very sneaky to say the least....  That's another Topic altogether!