• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

3 hours ago, Your closest friendnt said:

@Rosie1jack2pauline3 

Peter was teaching the Jews from what they could relate from the Law of Moses...from the rituals of purification from the Law...

Jesus told them...YOU ARE CLEAN BECAUSE OF THE WORD THAT I HAVE SPOKEN TO YOU...OF COURSE THEY BELIEVE WHO HE WAS...AND THAT HE IS FROM THE FATHER...

but in the day of Penticost he had to deal with people who were shouting "crucified him" a few days earlier or they had sided with those people and spoken bad about Jesus...and now from the word of Peter they believe and having grow in the Law...they were deeply troubled how Jesus will deal with them and that sin to speak bad against...and as some of them were baptized by John the Baptist or they knew about the water Baptism for the forgiveness of sins from John...Peter said 6them something that they would accept that must have been from the Holy Spirit suited just from them..

And from the water purification rituals from the Law...this way they found release from their guilt...

For Jesus Christ they did not have to do that because he did not hold it against them...

They did not even have to ask forgiveness...because Jesus prayed for them...that what they do not to be held against them.....

The same way for the Jewish purification from the Law...the washings with water...from their Jewish customs...

Paul later tried to teach them that they do not need that as they do not need the Circumcision.. 

The disciples at first they preached the Gospel to Circumcised jews and Procilites only...later they understand better but not all of them...they were divided in that matter...

Hi Friendnt

Thanks for your commentaries & summary,would you like to contribute to the subject of ELECTION?I'm sure you have something topical to share

In His Love, Kwik

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,419
  • Content Per Day:  8.21
  • Days Won:  0

28 minutes ago, Rosie1jack2pauline3 said:

Thanks for your contribution, I think I will leave you to discuss with other members, who understand what you are saying, I will move along and start another topic, about who the elect are,I think the problem is, in what we believe.

You believe you chose God...which I can’t relate to, as that was your own personal experience .

I believe I was chosen by God, which you can’t relate to, that is where I believe we very much clash..so will leave you to discuss with other members, who are of the same belief/ camp as you...that you all believe you chose God.

Enjoy your discussion.🙏💗

The only issue is what does the Word of God say.  Not what individuals have experienced.  Our individual experiences may not even be the truth.  This is not an attack but simply a fact.  2 people can experience the exact same thing but come away with divergent views on what they experienced.  Experiences involve the emotions, which are not objective, but subjective.  God's Word is objective.

The only way to get to the truth is to determine what God's Word says. 

May God bless.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers

22 minutes ago, Rosie1jack2pauline3 said:

Thanks for your contribution, I think I will leave you to discuss with other members, who understand what you are saying, I will move along and start another topic, about who the elect are,I think the problem is, in what we believe.

You believe you chose God...which I can’t relate to, as that was your own personal experience .

I believe I was chosen by God, which you can’t relate to, that is where I believe we very much clash..so will leave you to discuss with other members, who are of the same belief/ camp as you...that you all believe you chose God.

Enjoy your discussion.🙏💗

Okay,you can of course start any Topic you like but it's not about what I Believe ,it is about what the Word of God teaches us that we Believe-;if He Says it,it is so

Who the elect are are the Believers that are ELECT because they have been made this way through the CHOSEN ONE      They are ELECT corporately and this is a vocational election- everyone is chosen by their best suited attributes to serve in the best way that can serve God

I do wish you stay and drink in what you read,it's Encouraging,Edifying & helps us to all know that we all are Called to a Higher Purpose- what is that Purpose? The Word of God Tells us and that is what we are here studying.

I'm not sure why you wish to just focus on one thing and one thing only---- that's a Testimony,share it, show folks & tell folks what God Took you from when you died to self and became a New Creature in Christ----;we all know we are Born Again,we all know Holy Spirit Indwells ,what's your point?No one questions your experience but most Discussions are about those who have been Made Alive in Christ

You keep referencing a live birth? Physically when a child is born it is called a live birth as women can give birth to a dead child- but spiritually? Holy Spirit Does not birth anything dead so it makes no sense -Then wonder why it becomes controversial?

Sis,this Topic is about Service, which is ELECTION

If you'd like to prove otherwise you must provide the evidence in God's Word,not misapplied out of context and wrongly interpreted Scripture-;we can do a Study on whatever you choose,in another thread-;I'm not pleased with this kind of input

• Thumbs Up 1

21 minutes ago, Rosie1jack2pauline3 said:

With respect, this is all foreign talk to me, I don’t understand you, only  the Holy Spirit can speak to me through His Spirit, your post makes no sense to me, it confuses me and God is not a God of confusion,that is why I have said above ,I will exit this thread.and leave you to discuss, with those who are in the  same camp as you..they understand what you are talking about..I don’t as I was chosen by God and birthed in the Spirit/ Born Again.

Those of you who believe that you chose God....our understanding of scripture is “ Oh so very different”.....

May I ask if the examples of "the elect" and the verses that show the purpose of their election are clear to you or confusing or simply make no sense.

It can be very difficult to understand a teaching that is different from what what has already been learned.  What is needed is an open mind when reading God's Word and guiding by the Holy Spirit.  Remember, the Holy Spirit is the Spirit of truth.  But we need to be open to what Scripture says.

From my study of election, I have found no verse that says we are unconditionally chosen for salvation, which is the very common view.  And your exerience lines up with that view.  It is Scripture that "sets us free" as Jesus noted in John 8.

Read the verses prayerfully and concentrate on what the verses say regarding the examples in my post.

Also, it is incorrect for anyone to say that they "chose God".  That's not even the issue.  The issue in salvation is whether or not one will receive a free gift.  One may call that a choice, but it is merely a response to God's offer.

Edited by FreeGrace
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

5 minutes ago, Rosie1jack2pauline3 said:

No offence taken..being birthed in the Spirit has nothing to do with the emotions...it’s a supernatural act that only God can do...

Exactly!  I've never argued differently.  Being born again is never our choice.  That's God's choice alone.  And God births everyone who believes in His Son.

5 minutes ago, Rosie1jack2pauline3 said:

As soon as I see confusion in posts, God has shown me, that rather than argue the toss, I’m to walk away..and that is exactly what I am doing..plus I’m in a different camp to you and kwik....

God Bless and hope you enjoy your discussion in finding the truth of God’s word.

I learnt a very valuable lesson a few nights back, when George locked a topic..Praise God for that..🙏💗

I would suggest that when you see confusion, please ask the poster to clarify, etc.  That's how we make communication better.  We all know what happens when people "talk over each other".  That is zero communication.  :(

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, Rosie1jack2pauline3 said:

I have to disagree when you say,it’s scripture that sets us free, it’s the living word of God that sets us free...or maybe you meant the living words of God Through scripture.....freedom from is being birthed in the Spirit, a supernatural act of God....that is the living word of God..There I will leave it......🙏💗

OK, you may disagree.  However, realize that Jesus describes the Holy Spirit as the Spirit of truth in John 14:17.  And Jesus Himself is THE Truth in John 14:6.  And God's Word is truth.  And there is no difference between them regarding truth.  So the "living Word of God" is a reference to Jesus Christ.  

Jesus is the living Word, and Scripture is the written Word.  They are in complete agreement.  So yes, Scripture does set us free.  It is the truth and the truth is what sets the believer free.

Being born again doesn't actually set us free.  It is the beginning, though.  Just as human babies must grow up, so too must new believers.  

I will add that the moment onen is born again, they ARE free of the penalty of sin.  Because Jesus paid that debt we owed.   And has given us the free gift of eternal life, which means we shall never perish.

What is obvious is that it is nearly impossible to discuss one doctrine without implicating other doctrines.  

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Brilliant! 1

18 minutes ago, FreeGrace said:

May I ask if the examples of "the elect" and the verses that show the purpose of their election are clear to you or confusing or simply make no sense.

It can be very difficult to understand a teaching that is different from what what has already been learned.  What is needed is an open mind when reading God's Word and guiding by the Holy Spirit.  Remember, the Holy Spirit is the Spirit of truth.  But we need to be open to what Scripture says.

From my study of election, I have found no verse that says we are unconditionally chosen for salvation, which is the very common view.  And your exerience lines up with that view.  It is Scripture that "sets us free" as Jesus noted in John 8.

Read the verses prayerfully and concentrate on what the verses say regarding the examples in my post.

Also, it is incorrect for anyone to say that they "chose God".  That's not even the issue.  The issue in salvation is whether or not one will receive a free gift.  One may call that a choice, but it is merely a response to God's offer.

Funny thing Brother..early on,after fully submitting to our Lord I had to be" debriefed",that's how I describe having to re-learn what I had " diligently"studied for many years!

Came out of rcc,then studied theology,then researched &:studied the Bible (:after I learned the many " Bibles")

As I began my research I needed to find the earliest available "texts," which set me on the course of studying Ancient Hebrew,Latin and Koine Greek- talk about" confusion" lol.   And I'll tell you where the confusion was,the reality of it all was false doctrine,in spite of my studying.   .

But after full submission and breaking free( in Christ) of the spirit of prides stronghold I was Lead to some very wonderful,patient & very kind teachers - they showed by how to test the spirits always,having been in a very Intimate &:Personal Relationship with God in Christ I would have bet my own life that everything I was shown was of God- it was not.

Finally I did learn to rely on His Written Word for Confirmation and the witness of 2 or 3- you see I was Hearing God's Voice so much I became complacent instead of Vigilant because I was so familiar with Hearing Him---- boy did my mentors teach me a lot & I argued ":God Told me"til I was blue,I remember it well.

Now,I do not trust my feeling,emotions, reason,intelligence or even my own mind-9 times out of 10 it is indeed Holy Spirit - but that one time every now n then,uh oh!I keep my Helmut fastened tight and the Full Armor of God in place- the Sword of the Spirit in my Hand! Glory to God

I'm off Topic,oh boy!

Shall we discuss individual election,beginning with Jesus?!!!!❤️

• Well Said! 1

11 minutes ago, Rosie1jack2pauline3 said:

You see this is when the arguing starts.

Being Born Again sets us free from death and sin...

new believers..must grow up you say.

for me I would say children / born again of God must grow up..

the living word of God is alive and active in his children’s hearts, he talks to our spirit, then we check it out through scripture....or we may read his word, which comes alive in our hearts when the Holy Spirit speaks to us..Spirit ( Holy Spirit)..to our spirit...

100 Bible Verses aboutGod Speaking To You

John 10:27-28 ESV / 293 helpful votes

My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand.

we are definitely on different wavelengths..when it comes to the word of God interpretation and understanding of his word.

Thats why I am out of this thread..I do not want to start an argument..

No more from me..

No arguing doesn't start here,arguing starts when someone must prove their point constantly

If you do not want to start arguments then don't ....

Does anyone opt I close this thread ?I'm getting tired of shutting them down and tired of " different camp" implications- I thought we were all in Jesus Camp?

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, kwikphilly said:

Funny thing Brother..early on,after fully submitting to our Lord I had to be" debriefed",that's how I describe having to re-learn what I had " diligently"studied for many years!

Came out of rcc,then studied theology,then researched &:studied the Bible (:after I learned the many " Bibles")

As I began my research I needed to find the earliest available "texts," which set me on the course of studying Ancient Hebrew,Latin and Koine Greek- talk about" confusion" lol.   And I'll tell you where the confusion was,the reality of it all was false doctrine,in spite of my studying.   .

But after full submission and breaking free( in Christ) of the spirit of prides stronghold I was Lead to some very wonderful,patient & very kind teachers - they showed by how to test the spirits always,having been in a very Intimate &:Personal Relationship with God in Christ I would have bet my own life that everything I was shown was of God- it was not.

Finally I did learn to rely on His Written Word for Confirmation and the witness of 2 or 3- you see I was Hearing God's Voice so much I became complacent instead of Vigilant because I was so familiar with Hearing Him---- boy did my mentors teach me a lot & I argued ":God Told me"til I was blue,I remember it well.

Now,I do not trust my feeling,emotions, reason,intelligence or even my own mind-9 times out of 10 it is indeed Holy Spirit - but that one time every now n then,uh oh!I keep my Helmut fastened tight and the Full Armor of God in place- the Sword of the Spirit in my Hand! Glory to God

Amen sis!  It is the written Word that God has left us with, and of course, the Holy Spirit who guides us into that truth.  

I'm off Topic,oh boy!

Where's a mod when you need one!!  :24:

Shall we discuss individual election,beginning with Jesus?!!!!❤️

We shall, indeed.  Since all election follows the election of The Elect One, He is our example.  You rightly pointed out that the election of all believers is corporate, because all believers are "in Christ".  God has chosen all believers for service, just as He chose/elected His Son to be the Suffering SERVANT (there's service) and SAVIOR (again, service).

We can't forget what the Bible says about Jesus Christ, in Mark 10:45 - For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many (the masses).”

In my first post, I gave a number of verses regarding the election of Christ.  Here are verses that specifically speak to His election.

Matt 12:18 - “Here is my servant whom I have chosen, the one I love, in whom I delight; I will put my Spirit on him, and he will proclaim justice to the nations.

Mark 10:45 - For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and give His life a ransom for many (the masses).

1 Pet 2:6 - For in Scripture it says: “See, I lay a stone in Zion, a chosen and precious cornerstone, and the one who trusts in him will never be put to shame.”

Isa 42:1 - “Here is my servant, whom I uphold, my chosen one in whom I delight; I will put my Spirit on him, and he will bring justice to the nations.

Isa 43:10 - “You are My witnesses”, declares the Lord, “and My servant, whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe Me and understand that I am He.  Before me no god was formed, nor will there be one after Me.”

Luke 9:35 - A voice came from the cloud, saying, “This is my Son, whom I have chosen; listen to him.”

Luke 23:35 - The people stood watching, and the rulers even sneered at him. They said, “He saved others; let him save himself if he is God’s Messiah, the Chosen One.”

Acts 3:13 - The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, the God of our fathers, has glorified His servant Jesus.  You handed Him over to be killed, and you disowned Him before Pilate, though he had decided to let Him go.

Acts 3:20 - and that he may send the Messiah, who has been appointed for you—even Jesus.

Acts 3:26 - When God raised up His Servant, Hesent Him first toy to bless you by turning each of you from your wicked ways.

Acts 4:27 - Indeed Herod and Pontius Pilate met together with the Gentiles and the people of Israel in this city to conspire against Your holy servant Jesus, whom you anointed .

Acts 4:30 - Stretch out your hand to heal and perform miraculous signs and wonders through the name of your holy servant Jesus.

Acts 10:42 - He commanded us to preach to the people and to testify that He is the One whom God appointed as judge of the living and the dead.

Acts 17:31 For he has set a day when he will judge the world with justice by the man he has appointed. He has given proof of this to everyone by raising him from the dead.”

Romans 15:8 - For I tell you that Christ has become a servant of the Jews on behalf of God’s truth, to confirm the promises made to the patriarchs

Eph 1:22 - And God placed all things under his feet and appointed him to be head over

everything for the church,

Phil 2:7 - but made Himself nothing, taking on the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness.

Heb 1:2 - but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom also he made the universe.

Heb 2:17 - For this reason he had to be made like them, fully human in every way, in order that he might become a merciful and faithful high priest in service to God, and that he might make atonement for the sins of the people.

Heb 3:2 - He was faithful to the one who appointed him, just as Moses was faithful in all God’s house.

Heb 3:2-6 compares Jesus with Moses as as faithful servant, who was appointed.

Heb 5:10 - God appointed him chief priest in the way Melchizedek was a priest.

Heb 7:28 - For the law appoints as high priests men in all their weakness; but the oath, which came after the law, appointed the Son, who has been made perfect forever.

Heb 8:3 - Every high priest is appointed to offer both gifts and sacrifices, and so it was necessary for this One ((Jesus) also to have something to offer.

Heb 10:7 - Then I said, ‘Here I am—it is written about me in the scroll— I have come to do your will, my God.’ ”

Enjoy!

• This is Worthy 2

23 minutes ago, FreeGrace said:

Amen sis!  It is the written Word that God has left us with, and of course, the Holy Spirit who guides us into that truth.  

Where's a mod when you need one!!  :24:

We shall, indeed.  Since all election follows the election of The Elect One, He is our example.  You rightly pointed out that the election of all believers is corporate, because all believers are "in Christ".  God has chosen all believers for service, just as He chose/elected His Son to be the Suffering SERVANT (there's service) and SAVIOR (again, service).

We can't forget what the Bible says about Jesus Christ, in Mark 10:45 - For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many (the masses).”

In my first post, I gave a number of verses regarding the election of Christ.  Here are verses that specifically speak to His election.

Matt 12:18 - “Here is my servant whom I have chosen, the one I love, in whom I delight; I will put my Spirit on him, and he will proclaim justice to the nations.

Mark 10:45 - For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and give His life a ransom for many (the masses).

1 Pet 2:6 - For in Scripture it says: “See, I lay a stone in Zion, a chosen and precious cornerstone, and the one who trusts in him will never be put to shame.”

Isa 42:1 - “Here is my servant, whom I uphold, my chosen one in whom I delight; I will put my Spirit on him, and he will bring justice to the nations.

Isa 43:10 - “You are My witnesses”, declares the Lord, “and My servant, whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe Me and understand that I am He.  Before me no god was formed, nor will there be one after Me.”

Luke 9:35 - A voice came from the cloud, saying, “This is my Son, whom I have chosen; listen to him.”

Luke 23:35 - The people stood watching, and the rulers even sneered at him. They said, “He saved others; let him save himself if he is God’s Messiah, the Chosen One.”

Acts 3:13 - The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, the God of our fathers, has glorified His servant Jesus.  You handed Him over to be killed, and you disowned Him before Pilate, though he had decided to let Him go.

Acts 3:20 - and that he may send the Messiah, who has been appointed for you—even Jesus.

Acts 3:26 - When God raised up His Servant, Hesent Him first toy to bless you by turning each of you from your wicked ways.

Acts 4:27 - Indeed Herod and Pontius Pilate met together with the Gentiles and the people of Israel in this city to conspire against Your holy servant Jesus, whom you anointed .

Acts 4:30 - Stretch out your hand to heal and perform miraculous signs and wonders through the name of your holy servant Jesus.

Acts 10:42 - He commanded us to preach to the people and to testify that He is the One whom God appointed as judge of the living and the dead.

Acts 17:31 For he has set a day when he will judge the world with justice by the man he has appointed. He has given proof of this to everyone by raising him from the dead.”

Romans 15:8 - For I tell you that Christ has become a servant of the Jews on behalf of God’s truth, to confirm the promises made to the patriarchs

Eph 1:22 - And God placed all things under his feet and appointed him to be head over

everything for the church,

Phil 2:7 - but made Himself nothing, taking on the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness.

Heb 1:2 - but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom also he made the universe.

Heb 2:17 - For this reason he had to be made like them, fully human in every way, in order that he might become a merciful and faithful high priest in service to God, and that he might make atonement for the sins of the people.

Heb 3:2 - He was faithful to the one who appointed him, just as Moses was faithful in all God’s house.

Heb 3:2-6 compares Jesus with Moses as as faithful servant, who was appointed.

Heb 5:10 - God appointed him chief priest in the way Melchizedek was a priest.

Heb 7:28 - For the law appoints as high priests men in all their weakness; but the oath, which came after the law, appointed the Son, who has been made perfect forever.

Heb 8:3 - Every high priest is appointed to offer both gifts and sacrifices, and so it was necessary for this One ((Jesus) also to have something to offer.

Heb 10:7 - Then I said, ‘Here I am—it is written about me in the scroll— I have come to do your will, my God.’ ”

Enjoy!

HALLELUYAH! Excellent!

So ,we see the CHOSEN ONE and in this language of the Written Word of God we are learning that being CHOSEN has nothing to do with being CHOSEN for Salvation ,not even speaking of God the SON!!! The language depicts Assignments ,Service.....and according to each one  gifts(or abilities,skills etc...) they are Appointed for a specific purpose .Jesus was Appointed Heir to ALL things,just as we are appointed his heirs.....

God is not a respecter of persons ,surely not! Everyone is offered His Gift and His GIFT has Come to do Gods Will! SAVE & SERVE......AS a Follower of Christ this is our reasonable Service,to serve others,in love! How could we think so highly of ourselves that we would be greater than Christ Jesus? No one is CHOSEN FOR Salvation,we are CHOSEN to serve that shows the WAY to SALVATION-JESUS!!!!

Dont stop there,continue on ,if you will to the GIFTS that equipt us for SERVICE!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1