• Topic Count:  2,274
  • Topics Per Day:  0.50
  • Content Count:  4,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/11/1947

Monday 2-13-23 2nd. Day Of The Weekly Cycle Shevat 21, 5783 55th. Winter Day

We like to identify as what Jesus has said in:

John 4: 24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Jesus Himself understood the speculation about His identity. He asked His disciples, "Who do people say that I am?"

Peter gave the right answer: "You are the Christ, the Son of the living God" (Matthew 16:16). Jesus affirmed the truth of Peter’s answer and promised that, upon that truth, He would build His church (Matthew 16:18).

The true nature and identity of Jesus Christ has eternal significance. Every person must answer the question Jesus asked His disciples: "Who do you say that I am?"

He gave us the correct answer in many ways. In John 14:9-10, Jesus said, "Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’? Don’t you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you I do not speak on my own authority. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work."

The Bible is clear about the divine nature of the Lord Jesus Christ (see John 1:1-14). Philippians 2:6-7 says that, although Jesus was "in very nature God, He did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage; rather, he made himself nothing by taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness." Colossians 2:9 says, “In Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form.”

Jesus is fully God and fully man, and the fact of His incarnation is of utmost importance. He lived a human life but did not possess a sin nature as we do. He was tempted but never sinned (Hebrews 2:14-18; 4:15). Sin entered the world through Adam, and Adam’s sinful nature has been transferred to every baby born into the world (Romans 5:12)—except for Jesus. Because Jesus did not have a human father, He did not inherit a sin nature. He possessed the divine nature from His Heavenly Father.

God Was Manifest In The Flesh 

Who Is Jesus?

Love, Walter and Debbie

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  963
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,750
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

The link God Was Manifest In The Flesh contains the declaration: "God was manifest in the flesh, not incarnated in the flesh, in other words God made himself evident (his will or Spirit) through the man Jesus Christ. Jesus became a conduit to God through obedience which allowed Jesus to work in direct alignment with God’s will, in his power and with his authority."

Definitions of manifest andincarnation takenfrom internet resource:

man·i·fest
[ˈmanəˌfest]

VERB
manifested (past tense) · manifested (past participle)
  1. display or show (a quality or feeling) by one's acts or appearance; demonstrate: 
    "Ray manifested signs of severe depression"
    SIMILAR:

in·car·nate
    [incarnate]

VERB
    incarnated (past tense) · incarnated (past participle)
    1. embody or represent (a deity or spirit) in human form: 
      "the idea that God incarnates himself in man"
      • put (an idea or other abstract concept) into concrete form: 
        "a desire to make things which will incarnate their personality"
      • (of a person) be the living embodiment of (a quality): 
        "the man who incarnates the suffering which has affected every single Mozambican"

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  9,607
  • Content Per Day:  3.93
  • Days Won:  21

Yeshua is the EXACT image of the Father. In Him the FULLNESS of the Godhead dwelled BODILY.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,689
  • Content Per Day:  12.14
  • Days Won:  31

On 2/15/2023 at 8:13 AM, Justin Adams said:

Yeshua is the EXACT image of the Father. In Him the FULLNESS of the Godhead dwelled BODILY.

Colossians indeed gloriously declares the Incarnation......

• Well Said! 2

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,078
  • Content Per Day:  3.29
  • Days Won:  0

Philippians 2:6-8 says it nicely;

6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: 7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: 8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

The last sentence is very telling because neither God, nor angel, can die.

• Thumbs Up 1