• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  201
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  3,459
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

If true, this does not look good for Fox News.  They are being promoted by various news outlets as official court fillings, which at least have to be considered as having some merit.  It is apparently showing that most Fox news professionals had serious misgivings about promoting election fraud, but felt pressure to keep ratings with its right wing viewership. 

The records are from the court fillings for the Dominion Voting Systems company. Allsides (which identifies the bias of news sources) said that no right-leaning news outlet has done any primary research into this, but said there are center and left-leaning sources looking into it.

From here: https://www.allsides.com/story/donald-trump-fox-news-anchors-did-not-believe-2020-fraud-claims-court-filing-states

From AllSides: "The filing states, "privately, Fox's hosts and executives knew that Donald Trump lost the election and that he needed to concede. But Fox viewers heard a different story — repeatedly," and alleges that Fox intentionally spread misleading information about election results after receiving backlash from viewers and other right-rated media for announcing Joe Biden had won in Arizona. Carlson is quoted telling Sidney Powell, a Trump attorney who repeatedly claimed the election had been stolen from Trump, “you’ve convinced them that Trump will win. If you don’t have conclusive evidence of fraud at that scale, it’s a cruel and reckless thing to keep saying.” Ingraham is quoted as calling Powell “a bit nuts.”

From Washington Post (leans left bias):https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/3-takeaways-from-the-bombshell-fox-news-legal-filing/ar-AA17Cp20

On Nov. 16, Fox Corporation Chairman Rupert Murdoch emailed: “These people should be watched, if skeptically. … We don’t want to antagonize Trump further, but Giuliani taken with a large grain of salt. Everything at stake here.”

On Nov. 18, Fox executive Ron Mitchell put it more bluntly while noting that Newsmax was citing sources like the conspiracy theory website Gateway Pundit: “This type of conspiratorial reporting might be exactly what the disgruntled FNC (Fox News Channel) viewer is looking for.”

Throughout, Fox seemed to recognize that it could not question fraud claims too thoroughly. After Rudy Giuliani and Sidney Powell’s news conference full of false and baseless claims on Nov. 19, Mitchell spoke derisively about their statements: “Will you be mentioning the international crime conspiracy to steal the election featuring Soros, Maduro, Chavez, Antifa, Cuba, and China?” he asked rhetorically.

But the entire, still-emerging picture of Fox is one of an organization that was scared to tell its viewers the full truth and instead internalized what it saw as the business value of airing false and baseless claims from noncredible actors (whether its own staff explicitly endorsed them or not). And its product reflected that posture in a way that has now put it in legal and financial jeopardy.

Wow, I'm surprised no one even commented on this one.  Last time I left a political post it took off like a rocket and then ended not so well (in brotherly love terms).

Maybe we're all tired of such thing, which ain't really bad . . .

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,202
  • Content Per Day:  7.07
  • Days Won:  99

18 minutes ago, Vine Abider said:

Wow, I'm surprised no one even commented on this one.  Last time I left a political post it took off like a rocket and then ended not so well (in brotherly love terms).

I steer clear of politics and news topics as a rule, my friend. There are many reasons why; here are some of those reasons:

Someone lied? That comes as no surprise.
A corrupt man is being lionized? That comes as no surprise. 
Things are getting spiteful, mean-spirited, and even hateful? Comes with the territory.
False accusations are flying like a storm of bullets? That comes as no surprise. 
Paranoia? Suspicion? Conspiratorial thinking? Comes with the territory. 

I prefer to keep my heart and mind focused upon Jesus Christ. There is evil enough in this world of men without adding to it. :) 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 1

54 minutes ago, Marathoner said:

I steer clear of politics and news topics as a rule, my friend. There are many reasons why; here are some of those reasons:

Someone lied? That comes as no surprise.
A corrupt man is being lionized? That comes as no surprise. 
Things are getting spiteful, mean-spirited, and even hateful? Comes with the territory.
False accusations are flying like a storm of bullets? That comes as no surprise. 
Paranoia? Suspicion? Conspiratorial thinking? Comes with the territory. 

I prefer to keep my heart and mind focused upon Jesus Christ. There is evil enough in this world of men without adding to it. :) 

Yeah, even though I'm surprised a little that this topic was not jumped on much, I'm actually a little pleased . . . in that like you, maybe we are learning to move beyond being distressed about what we see Adam (flesh) doing!

Pretty much no matter what humans we put our trust in, that trust will get dashed on the rocks.

Edited by Vine Abider
typo
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,265
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, Vine Abider said:

I think the main implication here is that these quotes and records will support Dominion's defamation suit. There is very high legal bar for defamation. There has still only been limited information available about this.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,042
  • Content Per Day:  1.61
  • Days Won:  0

5 hours ago, Vine Abider said:

I love talking politics. I didn't see this thread til now. CNN and other liberal stations regularly spout things they know to be false. I like FOX and will continue to watch it. Obviously intentionally spreading false information is not good no matter who does it, but since they all do it, can you really condemn one over another? CNN is the worst though ( my opinion from personal experience of watching it ). I DO believe the election was stolen and I think the next civil war "could" occur after the next one.

7 minutes ago, TrueFollowerOfChrist said:

I love talking politics. I didn't see this thread til now. CNN and other liberal stations regularly spout things they know to be false. I like FOX and will continue to watch it. Obviously intentionally spreading false information is not good no matter who does it, but since they all do it, can you really condemn one over another? CNN is the worst though ( my opinion from personal experience of watching it ). I DO believe the election was stolen and I think the next civil war "could" occur after the next one.

Yeah, agreed - they all do it.  However, it appears Fox got their hand caught in the cookie jar on this one.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,377
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Days Won:  1

On 2/20/2023 at 5:23 AM, Vine Abider said:

I just don't see anything noteworthy in this story.

There's very little in the way of facts being presented to warrant any moral outrage. I don't even see the premise of the story being supported by compelling evidence.

A news organisation that is admittedly biased once reported something in a biased way. OK - that doesn't scratch the surface of the levels of intentional dishonesty and demonstrable, unabashed bias peddled daily by the media arm of the other side of politics. This supposed story is a big, fat nothingburger (IMHO).

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,185
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

On 2/19/2023 at 1:23 PM, Vine Abider said:

Or maybe we just want to see where it's going before jumping into a discussion.   Too many people with too much to loose to hear the truth in context from anyone

• Thumbs Up 3

14 hours ago, Tristen said:

I just don't see anything noteworthy in this story.

There's very little in the way of facts being presented to warrant any moral outrage. I don't even see the premise of the story being supported by compelling evidence.

A news organisation that is admittedly biased once reported something in a biased way. OK - that doesn't scratch the surface of the levels of intentional dishonesty and demonstrable, unabashed bias peddled daily by the media arm of the other side of politics. This supposed story is a big, fat nothingburger (IMHO).

Well, I somewhat agree. Trying to sort all this out could take a long, long time.  Adam's ilk is very good at hiding the truth (and that applies to both sides of the political spectrum as well).