• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

55 minutes ago, choir loft said:

It has the potential to spread across the nation.

The JESUS MOVEMENT of the late 1960's and early 1970's began the same way.

I remember those days.   It was the closest thing to heaven I've ever seen.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...

I remember too but I did not attend(showing our age)- lol

I was too young to do anything without my parents consent and if you didn't know ,my family were catholic- so as you might guess they were clueless.I went to a private Catholic academy with semi cloyster nuns-" the Hippies are blasphemous!"Ignorance was all around me but Praise Jesus - He Got my Attention,my heart,my soul and my mind- I am His❤️

I pray we do have a Nationwide Revival,worldwide would be even better! Thanks for sharing👍

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  201
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  3,431
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

15 hours ago, OneLight said:

This is where I have concerns.  Look at how many cult leaders that came out of the church that had nobody holding them accountable.  Jim Jones, David Koresh, Marshal Applewhite and David Burg just to name a few who had nobody holding them accountable - they were without any human leaders.  God set up authorities in the body for a good reason.

As long as those human authorities are actively under the headship of Christ. Of course, the authority pendulum swinging too far one way or the other can cause big problems.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

1 minute ago, Vine Abider said:

As long as those human authorities are actively under the headship of Christ. Of course, the authority pendulum swinging too far one way or the other can cause big problems.

Yup, and the difference between a God led authority and a man led authority.

This could be why I've noticed a huge surge in the number of guests reading the forums.  Usually there is around 25 to 40 (on a good day).  Right now there is 77.  Yesterday when I looked there was around 100 guests.  They are looking for something ...

25 minutes ago, OneLight said:

Yup, and the difference between a God led authority and a man led authority.

This could be why I've noticed a huge surge in the number of guests reading the forums.  Usually there is around 25 to 40 (on a good day).  Right now there is 77.  Yesterday when I looked there was around 100 guests.  They are looking for something ...

May they find Christ here . . . in and through us!

Here's another article, from yesterday's Cincinnati Enquirer: https://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2023/02/27/how-asbury-university-revival-started-globe-by-storm/69937478007/

Brown (Asbury U president) participated in the religious service every day throughout the two-week period. While he's still trying to wrap his head around the events that unfolded on the college campus, he said one thing has become very clear to him. "We are seeing just a hunger from students and a hunger from guests and visitors whose hearts are stirred and who are desiring something greater," Brown said.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

5 minutes ago, Vine Abider said:

Here's another article, from yesterday's Cincinnati Enquirer: https://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2023/02/27/how-asbury-university-revival-started-globe-by-storm/69937478007/

Brown (Asbury U president) participated in the religious service every day throughout the two-week period. While he's still trying to wrap his head around the events that unfolded on the college campus, he said one thing has become very clear to him. "We are seeing just a hunger from students and a hunger from guests and visitors whose hearts are stirred and who are desiring something greater," Brown said.

What doesn't sit right in me is how they (college) put an end date to what God was doing.  If anything, it should of been moved and allowed to continue until the end of His movement.

• Thumbs Up 2