• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,301
  • Content Per Day:  3.59
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, NConly said:

Its not my computer acting up it is me. When I quote no one I am just inserting a verse that pertains to the thread  (imo) that no one else has posted  to see if I get a response.

If I do not get a response sometimes I ignore it and sometimes I quote myself to make someone do a double take of the verse.

If I quote some one it is because I feel a verse is misread  or I agree with them.

Like the Rev 22:9 verse I quoted to you does not say the angel used to live on earth. Christians who have faith in Jesus call themselves brothers, imo the angel in Rev 22:9 was suggesting he has faith in Jesus and that makes him a brethren. I did not see any suggestion in the verse that the Angel lived on earth before; which is what you said happened. You quoted me from that post but did not address the brethren subject. 

Sometimes people feel they need to post many verses to get their point across and I am ok with that. And some times a verse can get the point across. Another example is on another thread a person was posting how much education and studying he had done over his life and maid a point in a couple post that animals have always been meat eaters and never were not been meat eaters. So I posted a verse from Gen that said the opposite of his belief  and he did not respond to me. I do not know if he was ignoring me or if he did not see the verse I posted so I moved on.

Thank you for the response.  All good to know.  I tend to read the bible in simple terms and look for the most natural application that goes with what is written. 

I don't look for God being out to trick us or cause confusion for us. So, I am thinking that NOT being a brother fits your beliefs and being a brother fits mine and here we are.   

So from you point of view, what was the angel trying to say?  

For me because I think the angel truly was from earth, one who had died and risen like 'Jesus died and rose, even so them', I can't think of many other ways for him to have said it. 
greek order
And I fell before the feet of him to worship him. And he says to me, See that you not.  A fellow servant with you I am and the brothers of you, holding the testimony of Jesus.  God
worship!  The for testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy

80. adelphos ►
Strong's Concordance
adelphos: a brother
Original Word: ἀδελφός, οῦ, ὁ
Part of Speech: Noun, Masculine
Transliteration: adelphos
Phonetic Spelling: (ad-el-fos')
Definition: a brother
Usage: a brother, member of the same religious community, especially a fellow-Christian.

I guess my next question would be, why WOULD ANGELS have faith in Jesus if they never did?  Would ANGELS call themselves Christians or brothers if they never were?

When do you believe we will be 'like the angels' at Christ return?  

again, thanks for the info.  

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,352
  • Content Per Day:  2.74

36 minutes ago, DeighAnn said:

Thank you for the response.  All good to know.  I tend to read the bible in simple terms and look for the most natural application that goes with what is written. 

I don't look for God being out to trick us or cause confusion for us. So, I am thinking that NOT being a brother fits your beliefs and being a brother fits mine and here we are.   

So from you point of view, what was the angel trying to say?  

For me because I think the angel truly was from earth, one who had died and risen like 'Jesus died and rose, even so them', I can't think of many other ways for him to have said it. 
greek order
And I fell before the feet of him to worship him. And he says to me, See that you not.  A fellow servant with you I am and the brothers of you, holding the testimony of Jesus.  God
worship!  The for testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy

80. adelphos ►
Strong's Concordance
adelphos: a brother
Original Word: ἀδελφός, οῦ, ὁ
Part of Speech: Noun, Masculine
Transliteration: adelphos
Phonetic Spelling: (ad-el-fos')
Definition: a brother
Usage: a brother, member of the same religious community, especially a fellow-Christian.

I guess my next question would be, why WOULD ANGELS have faith in Jesus if they never did?  Would ANGELS call themselves Christians or brothers if they never were?

When do you believe we will be 'like the angels' at Christ return?  

again, thanks for the info.  

(So from you point of view, what was the angel trying to say?)

I gave my answer to this question in the post you just quoted where it says Rev 22:9

(When do you believe we will be 'like the angels' at Christ return? )

Not sure what you mean, but we will have Spiritual eternal bodies at the Rapture and be above angels not equal to them.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  359
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

8 hours ago, DeighAnn said:

"For to this end Christ both died, and rose, and revived, that he might be Lord both of the dead and living." Romans 14:9 KJV

Might (modal verb) - Used to express the POSSIBILITY that something will happen or be done.

Jesus Christ is already the Lord of believers and it is POSSIBLE He will become the Lord of former unbelieving (of which we are all part) believers.

Edited by kenny2212
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  359
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

7 hours ago, DeighAnn said:

Could someone, anyone, give me a SINGLE verse

showing us to be spirits without bodies at anytime or in any place?

Luke 24:39 (NKJV) - Behold My hands and My feet, that it is I Myself. Handle Me and see, for a spirit does not have flesh and bones (a body) as you see I have." (Emphasis mine)

Spirit - The NON-PHYSICAL part of a person regarded as their true self and as capable of SURVIVING PHYSICAL DEATH OR SEPARATION.

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  245
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  7,033
  • Content Per Day:  3.28
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

8 hours ago, DeighAnn said:

Not sure how you are reading that or where it is from, so I'm off to get the greek order

This now I say brothers, that flesh and blood [the] kingdom of God to inherit not is able, *nor the decay the immorality does inherit

WHAT I read it pretty much this body dies, THIS BODY DOESN'T GO TO HEAVEN

Isn't that just another way of saying this

So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption:

43It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power:

44It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.

*nor the decay the immorality does inherit AKA the body that goes into hell suffers corruption, and the body that suffers corruption DOESN'T get to receive immortality, (at least not for 1000 years)

which is WHY THE LIVING can't have THEIR SPIRITUAL BODY GO INTO THE GRAVE TO BE RAISED UP WHEN CHRIST RETURNS but MUST to be raised up aka follow Him IN their body at the death of their flesh because if it doesn't happen that way NO ONE would be of the first resurrection aka be raised to immortality.  Not that anyone can see or hear any of that blinded by whatever, and of course they would/could understand how having any part of the spiritual body in the grave causes corruption because Christs body wasn't left in hell, but had it been, it too would have seen corruption, so that obviously doesn't happen before day 3 as far as God reckons, proving all those who were raised up in the same body weren't really dead but were just examples for Gods glory, not that anyone will see that either.  

1. corruption, destruction, perishing (opposed to γένεσις, origin, often in Plato, Aristotle, Plutarch; opposed to σωτηρία, Plato, Phileb., p. 35 e.; for שַׁחַת, Psalm 102:4 (); Jonah 2:7): Romans 8:21 (on which see δουλεία); 2 Peter 2:12a (some (cf. R. V. marginal reading) take φθορά here actively: εἰς φθοράν, to destroy); ἐν φθορά, in a state of corruption or decomposition (of the body at burial), 1 Corinthians 15:42; by metonymy, that which is subject to corruption, what is perishable, opposed to ἀφθαρσία, 1 Corinthians 15:50; in the Christian sense, the loss of salvation, eternal misery (which elsewhere is called ἀπώλεια), Colossians 2:22 (see ἀπόχρησις); opposed to ζωή αἰώνιος, Galatians 6:8, cf. Schott ad loc. 2. in the N. T. in an ethical sense, corruption i. e. moral decay: 2 Peter 1:4; 2 Peter 2:12{b} (some take the word here actively (R. V. text in their destroying), others refer it to 1 above), 2 Peter 2:19; with τῆς ζωῆς added, Wis. 14:12.

So, thank you for the attempt, but that won't work that just proves we are raised up in a body just like it is written and the Mystery about when Christ returns is about THOSE PEOPLE on that day and not about any of those who lived and died before that day.   Somehow WE SHALL NOT ALL DIE has become retroactive to all life and death of all time, so all can now be changed at the same time, never mind the graves were opened 2000 years ago but that has been almost completely hidden and they are back to shut tight like He never even saved us at all.  Why not just stay under the law of sin and death if we all die and NO ONE truly rises anyhow.  What was the point?  And how is it no one even know we were saved from going to hell.  

Why all the straw in this thread?

6 hours ago, Michael37 said:

Why all the straw in this thread?

Because God gives everyone different gifts and different callings and we are not to judge how He goes about that so WHAT MAY NOT work for you maybe the only way it works for another.
Let the wheat and tares grow together.  

Hopefully statements like that don't cause many to stumble or worse yet, not get into the conversation at all for fear of judgment statements just like that.  

Thanks.  Have a great day yourself 

• Well Said! 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  148
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

Lots of tares need burning.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, bloom said:

Lots of tares need burning.

Have you ever thought about how easy judgment is going to be when Christ returns?  

Everyone will have EITHER

taken the mark of the beast, and be gathered and burned

or

they will have endured to the end, and will be changed.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  148
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

But there is that word "all" in the description of the mark like maybe you have no choice.

6 minutes ago, bloom said:

But there is that word "all" in the description of the mark like maybe you have no choice.

I don't follow.  Are you addressing that to me?