• Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,671
  • Content Per Day:  12.13
  • Days Won:  31

20 hours ago, Sower said:

default_thumbsup.gif.353cd495f65d961ac6134a9271760165.gif

"simply learning to let Him live and operate in and through me!"
Are we or are we not loyal courageous soldiers in the army of God?

*Quote*

I AM A SOLDIER IN THE ARMY OF MY GOD-poem

I am a soldier in the army of my God. The Lord Jesus Christ is my commanding officer. The Holy Spirit is my code of conduct. Faith, prayer and the word are my weapons of warfare.

I have been taught by the Holy spirit, trained by experience, tried by adversity and tested by fire. I am a volunteer in this army, and am enlisted for eternity. I will not get out, sell out, be talked out or pushed out. I am faithful, reliable, capable and dependable. If my God needs me, I am there. I am a soldier. I am not a baby. I do not need to be pampered, petted, primed up, pumped up, picked up, or pepped up. I am a soldier.

No one has to call me, remind me, write me, visit me, entice me or lure me. I am a soldier. I am not a wimp. I am in place, saluting my king, obeying His orders, praising His name and building His kingdom! No one has to send me flowers, gifts, food, cards or candy or give me handouts. I do not need to be cuddled, cradled, cared for or catered for. I am committed. I cannot have my feelings hurt bad enough to turn me around. I cannot be discouraged enough to turn me aside. I cannot lose enough to cause me to quit.

When Jesus called me into this army, I had nothing. If I end up with nothing, I will still come out ahead. I will win. My God has and will continue to supply all my need. I am more than a conqueror. I will always triumph. I can do all things through Christ. The devil cannot defeat me. People cannot disillusion me. Weather cannot weary me. Sickness cannot stop me. Battles cannot beat me. Money cannot buy me. Governments cannot silence me, and hell cannot handle me. I am a soldier.

Even death cannot destroy me. For when my commander calls me from His battlefield, He will promote me to captain and then allow me to rule with Him. I am a soldier in the army, and I’m marching claiming victory. I will not give up. I will not turn around. I am a soldier, marching heaven-bound…Here I stand!

Will you stand with me?

@Sower Reminds me also of Ephesians 6, and the whole armor of God...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,064
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/07/1955

JESUS  CHRIST  IS  LORD  OF  LORDS  AND  KING  OF  KINGS

JOHN 14:6   ---JESUS---  saith unto him  ---I am the way  --  the truth  --  and the life --  no man --  cometh to  THE  FATHER  BUT  BY  ME ---

PROVERBS 8:20  I  lead in the way of righteousness in the midst of the paths of judgment

PROVERBS 8:8  ALL  THE  WORDS  OF  --MY  MOUTH--  ARE  IN  RIGHTEOUSNESS  THERE  IS  NOTHING  FROWARD  OR  PERVERSE  IN  THEM 

PSALM  119:104  THROUGH  THY  PRECEPTS  I  GET  UNDERSTANDING  ---  THEREFORE  I  HATE  EVERY  FALSE  WAY 

LOVING  THE  LORD  JESUS  CHRIST

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  873
  • Content Per Day:  0.45

On 3/22/2023 at 11:25 AM, Vine Abider said:

1. He loves us beyond measure!

2. He died to set us free!

3. He now lives in us!

4. My job is simply learning to let Him live and operate in and through me!

5. He will return soon in bodily form to fully manifest His kingdom on earth - with and through His saints!

PRAISE THE LORD - HE'S GOT THIS!!!  

:emot-highfive::clap::hurrah:

One thing > yes, these things are true, how our Father so loves us and cares for us. But I personally have been discovering how Christianity is not only or mainly about God blessing us.

I keep seeing and hearing how God loves me, wants to bless me, expects me to think and choose what is good for me, will control things for me, will come back for me.

(1) But Jesus is the focus of all our Father does with us > Romans 8:29 < all is related, in our Father's all-management, with how pleasing Jesus is to our Father and therefore how our Father is perfecting us in Jesus, and this is the central focus of Christian ministry > Colossians 1:28-29. God's grace-favor, then, is mainly about how He favors Jesus His Son and favors how Jesus is.

(2) But Jesus is not at all conceited about being so superior and favored. But Jesus desires to share with us His own glory (John 17:22) and His own peace (John 14:27), and Jesus has claimed in prayer how our Father loves us even as He loves His own Son Jesus > John 17:23.

(3) Because God who "is love" (1 John 4:8&16) is so sharing of His own self, by sending us His own Son, and having His own Son so die for us and rise for us.

(4) How He loves us is not only for us and about us, though, but God through Jesus is our example required of us! 

"forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you." (in Ephesians 4:31-32)

"And walk in love, as Christ also has loved us and given Himself for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweet-smelling aroma." (Ephesians 5:2)

(5) Jesus our example on the cross was about sweetly pleasing our Father while going through all that, plus He was about loving any and all people and not only getting His own trouble taken care of > He now uses His experience for ministering to us >

"For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin." (Hebrews 4:15)

This is our example, so that we, like Jesus, use our problems to help us feel for others and love them by helping them with the grace which makes us able to do well while going through things.

We are to follow His all-loving example >

"if you love those who love you, what reward have you?" (in Matthew 5:36)

In prayer, then, love any and all people as well as we care about our own selves > 1 Timothy 2:1-4.

And as we grow in Jesus, like this, we discover how personal and intimate we can be with our Father . . . while being personally ruled in our "hearts" by Him in His own peace . . . as we all are "called in one body" > Colossians 3:15.

Edited by com7fy8
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  3,507
  • Content Per Day:  6.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

4 hours ago, com7fy8 said:

One thing > yes, these things are true, how our Father so loves us and cares for us. But I personally have been discovering how Christianity is not only or mainly about God blessing us.

I keep seeing and hearing how God loves me, wants to bless me, expects me to think and choose what is good for me, will control things for me, will come back for me.

(1) But Jesus is the focus of all our Father does with us > Romans 8:29 < all is related, in our Father's all-management, with how pleasing Jesus is to our Father and therefore how our Father is perfecting us in Jesus, and this is the central focus of Christian ministry > Colossians 1:28-29. God's grace-favor, then, is mainly about how He favors Jesus His Son and favors how Jesus is.

(2) But Jesus is not at all conceited about being so superior and favored. But Jesus desires to share with us His own glory (John 17:22) and His own peace (John 14:27), and Jesus has claimed in prayer how our Father loves us even as He loves His own Son Jesus > John 17:23.

(3) Because God who "is love" (1 John 4:8&16) is so sharing of His own self, by sending us His own Son, and having His own Son so die for us and rise for us.

(4) How He loves us is not only for us and about us, though, but God through Jesus is our example required of us! 

"forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you." (in Ephesians 4:31-32)

"And walk in love, as Christ also has loved us and given Himself for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweet-smelling aroma." (Ephesians 5:2)

(5) Jesus our example on the cross was about sweetly pleasing our Father while going through all that, plus He was about loving any and all people and not only getting His own trouble taken care of > He now uses His experience for ministering to us >

"For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin." (Hebrews 4:15)

This is our example, so that we, like Jesus, use our problems to help us feel for others and love them by helping them with the grace which makes us able to do well while going through things.

We are to follow His all-loving example >

"if you love those who love you, what reward have you?" (in Matthew 5:36)

In prayer, then, love any and all people as well as we care about our own selves > 1 Timothy 2:1-4.

And as we grow in Jesus, like this, we discover how personal and intimate we can be with our Father . . . while being personally ruled in our "hearts" by Him in His own peace . . . as we all are "called in one body" > Colossians 3:15.

Certainly agree with all you've said here.  Yes, Jesus is the focus of everything God has done and is doing - it's all in His Son! "Hear Him!"

And as you point out, while Jesus is the example for us, God doesn't leave us with just an outward template to try and apply ourselves.  Grace and reality comes through Jesus . . . grace supplies us through His indwelling Spirit, to be able to do those things.  Amazing!

What is too often missed or forgotten (by myself and others) is that Jesus wasn't sent only as an outward example (like the objective law), but rather to also get into His born-again believers --> so that He can now live this life through us!

"What is man that thou art mindful of him?" (Psalm 8:4)  Jesus - the Last Adam - showed us, as the prototype, all that man is to God!

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  873
  • Content Per Day:  0.45

Excellent, Vine Abider ! 

The example most essential is in the heart, in the sight of God. And God spreads this from Jesus to us, and His grace through us spreads to one another (1 Peter 4:9-10), to affect our character so we grow in how Jesus is and loves while so pleasing our Father.

But it is also true how God is blessing us individually and He cares about our personal things, and I would say He does desire that we trust Him and share with Him in everything >

"casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you." (1 Peter 5:7)

Edited by com7fy8
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,671
  • Content Per Day:  12.13
  • Days Won:  31

On 3/22/2023 at 11:32 AM, bropro said:

I embraced and spoke this saying just before going under the knife for quadruple by-pass surgery. That was over 3 years ago. He truly "had this."

Gary

@bropro Mine was a quadruple (not all the bypasses are functional any more). Glad yours went okay.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,064
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Birthday:  07/07/1955

REMEMBRANCE

MATTHEW 6:33   --BUT  SEEK  YE  --FIRST--  the kingdom of  --GOD  ---  and  HIS  righteousness--  and all these things shall be added unto you

PROVERBS 22:20  have not I written to thee excellent things in counsels and knowledge 

--22:21--  that I might make thee know  --THE  CERTAINTY  OF  THE  WORDS  OF  TRUTH--  that thou mightest answer the words of truth to them that send unto thee

2 TIMOTHY 3:16  ***ALL  SCRIPTURE***   IS  GIVEN  BY  INSPIRATION  GOD  ---  AND  IS  PROFITABLE  FOR   --DOCTRINE  --  FOR  REPROOF  --  FOR  CORRECTION  --  FOR  INSTRUCTION  IN  RIGHTEOUSNESS -- 

ROMANS  16:25  now to  HIM  that is of power to establish you according to my gospel and the preaching of   --JESUS  CHRIST--  according to the revelation of the mystery  --which was kept secret since the world began--

--16:26-- but now is made manifest and by the ***SCRIPTURES*** of the prophets  --ACCORDING  TO  THE  COMMANDMENT  OF  THE  EVERLASTING   GOD--  made known to all nations for the  ---OBEDIENCE  OF  FAITH---

JUDE 1:5  I will therefore put you  in  --REMEMBRANCE--  though you once knew this how that  --THE  LORD--  having saved the people out of the land of egypt afterward  -- DESTROYED  THEM  THAT  BELIEVED  NOT --

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  3,507
  • Content Per Day:  6.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

3 hours ago, steve morrow said:

REMEMBRANCE

MATTHEW 6:33   --BUT  SEEK  YE  --FIRST--  the kingdom of  --GOD  ---  and  HIS  righteousness--  and all these things shall be added unto you

PROVERBS 22:20  have not I written to thee excellent things in counsels and knowledge 

--22:21--  that I might make thee know  --THE  CERTAINTY  OF  THE  WORDS  OF  TRUTH--  that thou mightest answer the words of truth to them that send unto thee

2 TIMOTHY 3:16  ***ALL  SCRIPTURE***   IS  GIVEN  BY  INSPIRATION  GOD  ---  AND  IS  PROFITABLE  FOR   --DOCTRINE  --  FOR  REPROOF  --  FOR  CORRECTION  --  FOR  INSTRUCTION  IN  RIGHTEOUSNESS -- 

ROMANS  16:25  now to  HIM  that is of power to establish you according to my gospel and the preaching of   --JESUS  CHRIST--  according to the revelation of the mystery  --which was kept secret since the world began--

--16:26-- but now is made manifest and by the ***SCRIPTURES*** of the prophets  --ACCORDING  TO  THE  COMMANDMENT  OF  THE  EVERLASTING   GOD--  made known to all nations for the  ---OBEDIENCE  OF  FAITH---

JUDE 1:5  I will therefore put you  in  --REMEMBRANCE--  though you once knew this how that  --THE  LORD--  having saved the people out of the land of egypt afterward  -- DESTROYED  THEM  THAT  BELIEVED  NOT --

:off-topic:

• Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,790
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  1

On 3/23/2023 at 1:55 AM, Vine Abider said:

3. He now lives in us!

That is only a fact for some not all.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  212
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

21 hours ago, farouk said:

@bropro Mine was a quadruple (not all the bypasses are functional any more). Glad yours went okay.

Is there anything that can be done to correct the non-functional bypasses?

Gary