• Topic Count:  207
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  3,506
  • Content Per Day:  6.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

11 hours ago, steve morrow said:

TRUTH  OF  JESUS  CHRIST  /  FACTS ??

HEBREWS 2:1  therefore we ought to give the more earnest heed  --- to the things which we have heard lest at any time we let them slip 

--2:2--for if the word spoken by angels was stedfast and ---every transgression and disobedience received a just reward--- 

--2:3-- how shall we escape if we --NEGLECT  SO  GREAT  SALVATION--  which  at the first began to be spoken  --BY  THE  LORD--  and was confirmed to them that heard  HIM

PROVERBS 8:17  I love those that love  ME  and those that seek  ME  early shall find  ME

--8:20-- I lead in the way of righteousness in the midst of the paths of --judgment--

--8:21--  that I may cause ---those that love me to inherit substance  ---  and I will fill their treasures--- 

JOHN 14:23  JESUS  answered and said unto him  --IF--  a man love  --HE  WILL  KEEP  MY  WORDS--  and MY  FATHER  will love him and  -- WE  WILL  COME  UNTO  HIM  AND  MAKE  OUR  ABODE  WITH  HIM--

JOHN 15:9  as  THE  FATHER  hath loved  ME  so have I loved you  --continue you in  MY  love--

--15:10--  IF  you keep  MY  commandments you shall abide in  MY  love  --  even as I have kept  MY  FATHERS  commandments  --AND  ABIDE  IN  HIS  LOVE--

2 JOHN 1:9  whosoever transgresseth and abideth not in the doctrine of  --CHRIST  HATH  NOT  GOD-- he that abideth in the doctrine of  CHRIST  he hath both  --THE  FATHER  AND  THE  SON--

--1:10-- IF there come  --any--  unto you and bring not this doctrine receive him not into your house neither bid him  GOD  speed

1 TIMOTHY 6:3  if  --any-- man teach otherwise and consent not to wholesome words  ---even the words of our  LORD  JESUS  CHRIST--- and to the doctrine which is after godliness 

--6:4-- he is proud knowing nothing but doting about questions and strifes of words whereof cometh envy strife railings evil surmisings 

TITUS 1:1  paul a servant of  GOD  and an apostle of  JESUS  CHRIST  according to the faith of  GODS  elect and the acknowledging of the ---TRUTH  WHICH  IS  AFTER  GODLINESS---

MATTHEW 9:38  PRAY  YE  THEREFORE  THE  LORD  OF  THE  HARVEST  THAT  HE  SEND  FORTH  LABOURERS  INTO  HIS  HARVEST 

LOVING  THE  LORD  JESUS  CHRIST

I love the verses you quote in your messages!  But I have to ask -  Do they specifically pertain to the thread's topic?  If so, I am not making the direct connection. 

May I suggest that when you post several verses, you show what specifically you are intending them to relate to?  That way I think they will be all the more edifying to the reader.

Edited by Vine Abider

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,064
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/07/1955

DULL  OF  HEARING  

JOHN 8:43    why do you not understand  MY  speech even because you cannot hear  --MY  WORD--

AGAIN --  2 TIMOTHY 2:7  consider what I say and  --THE  LORD  GIVE  THEE  UNDERSTANDING  IN  ALL  THINGS--

JOHN 7:16  JESUS  answered them and said  MY  doctrine is not mine but  HIS  that  sent  ME

--7:17--  IF  any man will do  HIS  will  he shall know of the doctrine whether it be of  GOD  or whether I speak of myself 

--7:18-- he that speaketh of himself ---SEEKETH  HIS  OWN  GLORY--- but he that seeketh his glory that sent him the same is true and  ---AND  THERE  IS  NO  UNRIGHTEOUSNESS  IN  HIM---

PROVERBS 8:8  all the words of  MY  mouth are in righteousness there is nothing froward or perverse in them 

PSALM 56:4  IN  GOD  I  WILL  PRAISE  HIS  WORD  IN  GOD  I  HAVE  PUT  MY  TRUST 

ROMANS 6:16  KNOW  YOU  NOT  THAT  TO  WHOM  YOU  YIELD  YOURSELVES  SERVANTS  TO  OBEY  HIS  SERVANTS  YOU  ARE  TO  WHOM YOU  OBEY  WHETHER  OF  SIN  UNTO  DEATH  OR  OF  OBEDIENCE  UNTO  RIGHTEOUSNESS

MATTHEW 13:15   FOR  THIS  PEOPLES  HEART  IS  WAXED  GROSS  AND  THEIR  EARS  ARE  --DULL  OF  HEARING--  AND THEIR EYES THEY  HAVE  CLOSED  LEST  AT  ANY  TIME  THEY  SHOULD  SEE  WITH  THEIR  EYES  AND  HEAR  WITH  THEIR  EARS  ---AND  SHOULD  UNDERSTAND  WITH  THEIR  HEART---  AND  SHOULD  BE    --CONVERTED--   AND   I  SHOULD  HEAL  THEM

ISAIAH 41:22  let them bring them forth and show us what shall happen let them show the former things what they be that we may consider them and know the latter end of them or declare us things for to come 

--41:23-- show the things that are to come hereafter that we may know that you are gods yea do good or do evil that we may be dismayed and behold it altogether 

--41:24--  behold you are of nothing and  --your  work of nought--  an abomination is he that chooseth you

1 PETER 4:11  if any man speak --LET  HIM  SPEAK  AS  THE  ORACLES  OF  GOD-- if any man minister let him do it as of the ability which  GOD  giveth that  GOD  in all things may be glorified  ---THROUGH  JESUS  CHRIST---to whom be praise and dominion for ever and ever    AMEN

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  6

12 minutes ago, steve morrow said:

DULL  OF  HEARING  

Referring to me, or . . .? :noidea:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,940
  • Content Per Day:  1.24
  • Birthday:  04/01/1968

4 hours ago, Vine Abider said:

Referring to me, or . . .? :noidea:

I think the poster was being complimentary of the labor.

Edited by BeyondET

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,064
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Birthday:  07/07/1955

DULL  OF  HEARING

ACTS 10:34  then peter opened his mouth and said of a truth I perceive that  GOD  is no respecter of persons 

--10:35--  but in every nation he that feareth  HIM  and worketh righteousness is accepted with  HIM

1 JOHN 3:10  in this the children of  GOD  are manifest and the children of the devil -- whosoever  ---  doeth not righteousness   --  IS  NOT  OF  GOD  --  neither he that loveth not his brother --

1 JOHN  2:9  he that saith he is in the light and hateth his brother is in darkness even until now 

--2:10--  he that loveth his brother abideth in the light  --and there is none occasion of stumbling in him 

--2:11-- BUT  HE  THAT  HATETH  HIS  BROTHER  IS  IN  DARKNESS  ---  and walketh in darkness and knoweth not whither he goeth because darkness hath blinded his eyes 

JOB 38:2  who is this that darkeneth counsel by words ---without knowledge---

PSALM 119:129  thy testimonies are wonderful therefore doth my soul keep them 

--119:130--  the entrance of --thy words -- giveth light-- it giveth understanding unto the simple

ROMANS 2:11  for there is no respect of persons with  GOD

PSALM 119:144  ---THE  RIGHTEOUSNESS  OF  THY  TESTIMONIES  IS  EVERLASTING  GIVE  ME  UNDERSTANDING  AND  I  SHALL  LIVE---

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  6,671
  • Content Per Day:  12.15
  • Days Won:  31

On 3/24/2023 at 10:44 AM, Cntrysner said:

We are born from above by the Spirit and Paul instructed us to not mind the things of this earth for we were raised with Christ by the operation of God. Our position in Christ is at Fathers right hand and it can not be moved.

Col 3:1  If ye then be risen (ascended) with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. 
Col 3:2  Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth. 
Col 3:3  For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.
Col 3:4  When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.

The main fact is the Father gave us His Son as our sacrifice and if we believe in Him we died and resurrected with Him and we ascended with Him to Glory for we are in His body. 

Col 2:12  Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead. 

Our new birth is from above and it culminates in heaven as a new creature.

Eph 2:5  Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;) 
Eph 2:6  And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus: 

Our citizenship is in heaven not of this earth. 

Hi @Cntrysner I read your quote from Colossians and thought also of the similar passage in Ephesians 1....and then saw you had quoted it also..... :)

• Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, BeyondET said:

I think the poster was being complimentary of the labor.

Thanks, but I just don't understand the point of all the verses being strung together by @steve morrow in various posts.  Maybe someone else could interpret for me . . .

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Content Count:  2,940
  • Content Per Day:  1.24
  • Birthday:  04/01/1968

1 hour ago, Vine Abider said:

Thanks, but I just don't understand the point of all the verses being strung together by @steve morrow in various posts.  Maybe someone else could interpret for me . . .

Yea I agree with that, Steve would have to speak in his own words so other could understand what Steve Morrow meant. But he apparently chooses not too.

Edited by BeyondET

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,275
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

On 3/22/2023 at 10:25 AM, Vine Abider said:

3. He now lives in us!

4. My job is simply learning to let Him live and operate in and through me!

default_thumbsup.gif.353cd495f65d961ac6134a9271760165.gif

"simply learning to let Him live and operate in and through me!"
Are we or are we not loyal courageous soldiers in the army of God?

*Quote*

I AM A SOLDIER IN THE ARMY OF MY GOD-poem

I am a soldier in the army of my God. The Lord Jesus Christ is my commanding officer. The Holy Spirit is my code of conduct. Faith, prayer and the word are my weapons of warfare.

I have been taught by the Holy spirit, trained by experience, tried by adversity and tested by fire. I am a volunteer in this army, and am enlisted for eternity. I will not get out, sell out, be talked out or pushed out. I am faithful, reliable, capable and dependable. If my God needs me, I am there. I am a soldier. I am not a baby. I do not need to be pampered, petted, primed up, pumped up, picked up, or pepped up. I am a soldier.

No one has to call me, remind me, write me, visit me, entice me or lure me. I am a soldier. I am not a wimp. I am in place, saluting my king, obeying His orders, praising His name and building His kingdom! No one has to send me flowers, gifts, food, cards or candy or give me handouts. I do not need to be cuddled, cradled, cared for or catered for. I am committed. I cannot have my feelings hurt bad enough to turn me around. I cannot be discouraged enough to turn me aside. I cannot lose enough to cause me to quit.

When Jesus called me into this army, I had nothing. If I end up with nothing, I will still come out ahead. I will win. My God has and will continue to supply all my need. I am more than a conqueror. I will always triumph. I can do all things through Christ. The devil cannot defeat me. People cannot disillusion me. Weather cannot weary me. Sickness cannot stop me. Battles cannot beat me. Money cannot buy me. Governments cannot silence me, and hell cannot handle me. I am a soldier.

Even death cannot destroy me. For when my commander calls me from His battlefield, He will promote me to captain and then allow me to rule with Him. I am a soldier in the army, and I’m marching claiming victory. I will not give up. I will not turn around. I am a soldier, marching heaven-bound…Here I stand!

Will you stand with me?

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1

2 minutes ago, Sower said:

default_thumbsup.gif.353cd495f65d961ac6134a9271760165.gif

"simply learning to let Him live and operate in and through me!"
Are we or are we not loyal courageous soldiers in the army of God?

*Quote*

I AM A SOLDIER IN THE ARMY OF MY GOD-poem

I am a soldier in the army of my God. The Lord Jesus Christ is my commanding officer. The Holy Spirit is my code of conduct. Faith, prayer and the word are my weapons of warfare.

I have been taught by the Holy spirit, trained by experience, tried by adversity and tested by fire. I am a volunteer in this army, and am enlisted for eternity. I will not get out, sell out, be talked out or pushed out. I am faithful, reliable, capable and dependable. If my God needs me, I am there. I am a soldier. I am not a baby. I do not need to be pampered, petted, primed up, pumped up, picked up, or pepped up. I am a soldier.

No one has to call me, remind me, write me, visit me, entice me or lure me. I am a soldier. I am not a wimp. I am in place, saluting my king, obeying His orders, praising His name and building His kingdom! No one has to send me flowers, gifts, food, cards or candy or give me handouts. I do not need to be cuddled, cradled, cared for or catered for. I am committed. I cannot have my feelings hurt bad enough to turn me around. I cannot be discouraged enough to turn me aside. I cannot lose enough to cause me to quit.

When Jesus called me into this army, I had nothing. If I end up with nothing, I will still come out ahead. I will win. My God has and will continue to supply all my need. I am more than a conqueror. I will always triumph. I can do all things through Christ. The devil cannot defeat me. People cannot disillusion me. Weather cannot weary me. Sickness cannot stop me. Battles cannot beat me. Money cannot buy me. Governments cannot silence me, and hell cannot handle me. I am a soldier.

Even death cannot destroy me. For when my commander calls me from His battlefield, He will promote me to captain and then allow me to rule with Him. I am a soldier in the army, and I’m marching claiming victory. I will not give up. I will not turn around. I am a soldier, marching heaven-bound…Here I stand!

Will you stand with me?

I'm reminded of that verse in James where it says not to look in the mirror and then turn away and immediately forget who you are.  A brother once said that it's seeing you are a soldier in the mirror, and then turning around and thinking you're a tourist here to have fun!

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1