• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,238
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

28 minutes ago, Amyhoff said:

I know. I try. But it’s not easy at times. I don’t want to have screaming and yelling matches. Nor do I want physical altercations to continue. It’s a real struggle. I want the best for her. 

If this is going on then there is little God can work with
2 Corinthians 10:4 (KJV) [4] For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;

The one thing I have learned from God is that His Word is the exact blueprint for life here and now… yes through all times and situations! Nothing can be accomplished by ignoring Scriptures precepts…

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  51
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, FJK said:

Just an observation from my life, screaming and yelling matches and physical alterations are usually the result of both parties trying to force each other to be what they want them to be instead of encouraging them to become what God intended them to be and loving them for whatever it turns out to be.

Gentle guidance accomplishes more than brute force, and then only when it is done to encourage personally seeking God's path and not the worldly one.

You’re right. I am very angry and throwing punches isn’t the best idea. I’m just a hot headed Italian. 

2 hours ago, enoob57 said:

If this is going on then there is little God can work with
2 Corinthians 10:4 (KJV) [4] For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;

The one thing I have learned from God is that His Word is the exact blueprint for life here and now… yes through all times and situations! Nothing can be accomplished by ignoring Scriptures precepts…

It’s different out there since when I was a child. There was no back talk. You mess up. You take your beating n pray for forgiveness. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,238
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

2 hours ago, Amyhoff said:

It’s different out there since when I was a child. There was no back talk. You mess up. You take your beating n pray for forgiveness. 

If I am to understand this correctly she is 21 ... far from the correction of the rod...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,507
  • Content Per Day:  12.21
  • Days Won:  31

Hi @Amyhoff For her, for you, for me, for all of us: the Scriptures and prayer are the way ahead if we seek God's blessing and help.

A few helpful passages: Proverbs 3.5-6; John 3.16-18; John 14.1-6; Psalm 46.

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  1,499
  • Content Per Day:  1.48

On 3/29/2023 at 4:25 PM, Amyhoff said:

But she’s making bad choices with bad people. And breaking commandments without a care in the world. I’m afraid she’s going to learn her lesson too late. 

I hope this encourages you. My son now in his early forties, just finished 26 days in jail. He began to turn his life around ten years ago. It was just this year that he turned himself in, to take care of charges the last of which was ten years ago. Now, his debts are paid, and he was treated very well by the judge, and officers in the jail he served. He was extremely nervous about going in, but wanted it behind him. This is just to say, it was not to late. To know he has turned around I am so grateful for as a mom. Yes, some very low times were with me. But, look up, and do not stop. Know your concern, been there.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 3

2 minutes ago, Anne2 said:

I hope this encourages you. My son now in his early forties, just finished 26 days in jail. He began to turn his life around ten years ago. It was just this year that he turned himself in, to take care of charges the last of which was ten years ago. Now, his debts are paid, and he was treated very well by the judge, and officers in the jail he served. He was extremely nervous about going in, but wanted it behind him. This is just to say, it was not to late. To know he has turned around I am so grateful for as a mom. Yes, some very low times were with me. But, look up, and do not stop. Know your concern, been there.

Hi @Anne2 Thank-you for your honest post. I am reminded of Isaiah 48.10: 'I have chosen thee in the furnace of affliction'. We must keep looking up, indeed; God bless your family.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1

PS:  @Anne2 Just shows the value and power of persistent, steadfast prayer. The early believers in Acts 2.42 indeed continued steadfastly in prayer. I love how Paul in both 1 Thess. 5 and Philippians 4 links together prayer, thanksgiving and joy.

Edited by farouk
  • Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, enoob57 said:

If I am to understand this correctly she is 21 ... far from the correction of the rod...

If you only knew specifics. 

16 hours ago, Anne2 said:

This is encouraging Ty. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1