FJK

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.33
  • Days Won:  1

Isaiah 3:12 "Children will oppress my people. Women will rule them. My people, your guides mislead you, and you don't know which way to go."  (GW) 

What did it mean at the time of its writing, and what, if anything, does it mean in the world today?

Edited by FJK

• FJK changed the title to Isaiah 3:12, What does it mean?

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  246
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  7,076
  • Content Per Day:  3.28
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

47 minutes ago, FJK said:

Isaiah 3:12 "Children will oppress my people. Women will rule them. My people, your guides mislead you, and you don't know which way to go."  (GW) 

What did it mean at the time of its writing, and what, if anything, does it mean in the world today?

Initially the prophecy applied to Jerusalem and Judah as a warning of Divine Judgment for harlotry and idolatry. Some of their rulers succeeded to the throne at young ages, and associated women were involved in power politics as well.

Today it's juveniles and transgenders pushing for control among those bringing Divine Judgment on the world.

• Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  873
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  0

On 4/2/2023 at 4:09 PM, FJK said:

Well, what Michael says about sometimes there being young sons in succession as kings > I did not think of this.

But now that I think of it - - I see how it could mean an evil king died an early death so his boy son would take over before his time.

Also, I think it could be figurative > a "child" being even an older man who is very immature. And we know how women can be very wise for taking care of things. So, having a woman rule would in itself not necessarily be bad, except it could mean there are no real men available to do the ruling.