• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Topics Per Day:  1.28
  • Content Count:  3,893
  • Content Per Day:  6.69
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  02/18/1956

38 minutes ago, Anne2 said:

What does this mean to you? I think he is contrasting between the carnal things of Mosaic law vs the spiritual things of the new covenant.

Yes, as he puts it, justification to righteousness by faith, not Law.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,877
  • Content Per Day:  12.26
  • Days Won:  31

8 minutes ago, Anne2 said:

Oh farouk I had one heck of a time with it for the longest time. It was so simple when I realized how to do it.  I can be a thick one LOL

No worries @Anne2 ; I myself struggle with technology sometimes.........

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,508
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  0

4 minutes ago, Mr. M said:

Yes, as he puts it, justification to righteousness by faith, not Law.

Well, not Levitical law. Abraham kept law, while in uncircumcision as well as in circumcision. And Genesis and the covenants there are law. I think our differences might be found in Genesis when it comes to law. Often times the Church has been criticized (legitimately, so) for only reading part of the scripture, the last part. I think that can be true also of the book of Genesis. To much tunnel vision of Moses law. Abraham, Isaac and Jacob did not have that covenant.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Topics Per Day:  1.28
  • Content Count:  3,893
  • Content Per Day:  6.69
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  02/18/1956

Just now, Anne2 said:

Abraham kept law, while in uncircumcision as well as in circumcision. And Genesis and the covenants there are law. I think our differences might be found in Genesis when it comes to law. Often times the Church has been criticized (legitimately, so) for only reading part of the scripture, the last part. I think that can be true also of the book of Genesis. To much tunnel vision of Moses law. Abraham, Isaac and Jacob did not have that covenant.

Genesis 26:5 Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws.

How did Abraham keep God's Law before it was codified by Moses?

"Abraham obeyed my voice"

3 minutes ago, Anne2 said:

Well, not Levitical law

Jeremiah 7:

22 For I did not speak to your fathers, or command them in the day that I brought them out of the land of Egypt, concerning burnt offerings or sacrifices. 

23 But this is what I commanded them, saying, Obey My voice, and I will be your God, and you shall be My people. And walk in all the ways that I have commanded you, that it may be well with you.

The message of the scriptures is that we serve a God who speaks, and is pleased with those who listen and obey (shemah) by faith.

Hebrews 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,877
  • Content Per Day:  12.26
  • Days Won:  31

6 hours ago, Anne2 said:

Well, not Levitical law. Abraham kept law, while in uncircumcision as well as in circumcision. And Genesis and the covenants there are law. I think our differences might be found in Genesis when it comes to law. Often times the Church has been criticized (legitimately, so) for only reading part of the scripture, the last part. I think that can be true also of the book of Genesis. To much tunnel vision of Moses law. Abraham, Isaac and Jacob did not have that covenant.

It's often forgotten indeed that Abraham was already justified by faith before the law came in.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,508
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  0

It is also the covenant made with Abraham that the nations are Children of promise.