IGNORED

Are GODS ELECT truly those REJECTING Him today?

DeighAnn

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Content Per Day:  2.44
  • Days Won:  11

Then he said to me, "These words are faithful and true." And the Lord God of the holy prophets sent His angel to show His servants the things which must shortly take place. "Behold, I am coming quickly! Blessed is he who keeps the words of the prophecy of this book."

- Revelation 22:6-7

And he said to me, "Do not seal the words of the prophecy of this book, for the time is at hand.

- Revelation 22:10

• Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

Recently I studied the book of Revelation again.  The Elect are mentioned an amazing number of times.  It is the Elect who are used mightily in the last days to proclaim the Word of God, and we are living in these last days now.  

"And the gospel must first be preached to all the nations. "But when they arrest you and deliver you up, do not worry beforehand, or premeditate what you will speak. But whatever is given you in that hour, speak that; for it is not you who speak, but the Holy Spirit.

- Mark 13:10-11

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.90
  • Days Won:  1

1 minute ago, Selah7 said:

It is the Elect who are used mightily in the last days to proclaim the Word of God, and we are living in these last days now.  

An interesting thought that just popped into my mind:

Do the Elect know they are the Elect?

3 minutes ago, FJK said:

An interesting thought that just popped into my mind:

Do the Elect know they are the Elect?

No, I don’t think so.  The way I understand it, no one really knows if they are Elect or not.  I hope I am! :)

Continuing a little bit . . .

It seems to me that God’s Elect are very bold and compassionate and alert. (just my IMG_5128.gif.6c7893c1d75e902cfedc8d083bae9158.gif)

Paul, called to be an apostle of Jesus Christ through the will of God, and Sosthenes our brother, To the church of God which is at Corinth, to those who are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all who in every place call on the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both theirs and ours: Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. I thank my God always concerning you for the grace of God which was given to you by Christ Jesus, that you were enriched in everything by Him in all utterance and all knowledge, even as the testimony of Christ was confirmed in you, so that you come short in no gift, eagerly waiting for the revelation of our Lord Jesus Christ, who will also confirm you to the end, that you may be blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ. God is faithful, by whom you were called into the fellowship of His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

- 1 Corinthians 1:1-9 

• Brilliant! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  6,301
  • Content Per Day:  3.64
  • Days Won:  0

5 hours ago, Diaste said:

It's not possible, imo.

I have made the same argument in the past and Pretrib has an excuse to cover this.

Bibles will still be here. People who have heard the Gospel but didn't believe, will now believe. There will be widespread, sudden attack of morality and belief and trust in God and Jesus Christ, in the same people who previously rejected the Gospel. I guess that isn't out of the question as it is the way of the Gospel. Maybe not so much, or not at all, in the environment where all the believers had to be removed. 

Believers were removed before the flood, no one else was saved.

Believers were removed before Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed, no one else was saved.

But now believers are going to be removed before the end of the world, and then millions and millions will be saved?

Doesn't seem to align, does it?

That answers the question as far as if anything is written about after they leave the earth for those they leave behind.  Thank you.  Truly nothing righteous from any angle.  

17 hours ago, Shilohsfoal said:

The elect don't need 3.5 years to get ready for 3.5 years.They just need to work the 3.5 years they can't buy and sell.What Jesus needed for his 3.5 years was provided at the Jordan river.

Mathew 10

•  

5 These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not:

6But go rather to the lot sheep of the house of israel.

7 And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand.

8 Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give.

9 Provide neither gold, nor silver, nor brass in your purses,

10 Nor scrip for your journey, neither two coats, neither shoes, nor yet staves: for the workman is worthy of his meat.

but WHAT were they told once the king and kingdom were rejected?  

3 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Individual security, hope certain, is that God has foreknown and predestined  those that will be saved out from his wrath. That security is through the willing sacrifice made by Jesus for those given to him by his father. He loses not a one. The Holy Spirit calls each that are to be saved out from God's wrath (against sin) to turn about and see, see that Jesus is Lord, God,  and personal savior. 

Praise God  his mercy from everlasting to everlasting. 

Certainly, all the souls under the altar having been tortured and killed in His name tells us not even death of the first body has anything to do with being saved or lost, and 'trib' no matter how 'great', doesn't change that truth.  And I agree, we are saved from of Gods wrath through belief.    

Does it really matter a wit what any of us think might be the sequence of events to come? They are going to come regardless.

It certainly matters because it matters if we are deceived and become a part of the falling away, if we go from barren faithful virgin to unfaithful with child giving suck etc.  There is only one way to make sure that doesn't happen and that is with Gods wisdom and knowledge.  

It matters to every single soul and that is why it is written over and over again and in so many different ways.  NO ONE will get to stand up and say, I didn't know or I didn't understand, all they will be able to say is I chose the righteous way or I did not.  I was not deceived, or I was.  So the 'sequence of events' to come does matter a great deal if one doesn't want Gods Wrath to fall upon them.  

Faith comes by hearing the WORDS OF GOD.  That is what 'believing' is all about.  We believe in what we know or understand, not what we don't.  

• Brilliant! 1

“Therefore do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’  For after all these things the Gentiles seek. For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things.  But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble."

Sufficient for today is it's own trouble, don't need tomorrow's today. Never borrow trouble, the interest rate is way too steep. It costs today's pleasure and puts a dark cloud over tomorrow, and tomorrow's tomorrow, ad infinitum; making one rather hapless and hopeless, all before the present day's end.

And the WAR?  Act like it isn't real?  And the WARNINGS?  Don't bother to heed them?   If we are given tomorrows HEADLINES and we don't USE that information, that just makes us totally irresponsible.  When Christ comes up and says, I TOLD EVERYONE what was coming and the GOOD SERVANTS prepared the house to keep the thief out and they did, while the foolish ones didn't do anything and the thief broke in, what excuse do you think is going to work?  Ignorance is not going to be acceptable as a means to escape the wrath of God because THE GOSPEL will be published in all the world, then the end comes.... 

SEEK, STUDY, PUT ON the gospel armor....I would heed those just the same.  

• Well Said! 1