IGNORED

Topics on Second Coming. Expostion of misused Bible texts.

MichaelSnow

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  479
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,573
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  9

On 5/7/2023 at 1:05 PM, MichaelSnow said:

Here are a few key posts on  the Second Coming which many evangelical Christians take out of context.

Scroll thru for:

We are not appointed to Wrath...1Thess. 4 vs. Left Behind...The Last Days...Armageddon...more

https://textsincontext.wordpress.com/category/second-coming-revelation/

I agree with this . The body of Christ goes through the tribulation but not through God's wrath. Unfortunately a lot of Christians believe the tribulation is God's wrath. It is not. Daniel 12 shows the resurrection comes after the three and half years of the tribulation. Blessed is he who waits. And comes to the one thousand three hundred and thirty five days. When the power of the holy people are has been completely shattered all these things shall be finished. So Isarel will taken and Jerusalem will be taken and Isarel power and control will be completely shattered. This will done during the tribulation. Then the signs in the heavens will appear and the day of the Lord will come. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.59
  • Days Won:  1

In my thinking, too many people use the rapture as an excuse to do nothing about the world around them, not resisting Satan's ever expanding control of it, and destroy the power of their own Christianity as a result of doing it.

As for me, I ask for understanding in prayer, and the answer I get is that I don't need to know, all I need to know is how to live my life as a Christian in the world I live in today and how to deal with it in the way God wants me to deal with it.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  49
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

On 5/12/2023 at 10:06 AM, MichaelSnow said:

But as the days of Noah were, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be. 38 For as in the days before the flood, they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark, 39 and did not know until the flood came and took them all away, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  233
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Birthday:  10/20/1957

On 5/13/2023 at 11:23 PM, MichaelSnow said:

But as the days of Noah were, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be. 38 For as in the days before the flood, they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark, 39 and did not know until the flood came and took them all away, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be.

The ones taken away here are taken in judgement.  Like Noah’s day.

Different coming from rapture where believers are delivered from God’s wrath

Two separate comings, one in the air and then back to the Father’s house (John 14) and one to set up His kingdom on earth (Rev. 19).

12 hours ago, BibleWords said:

Two separate comings, one in the air and then back to the Father’s house (John 14) and one to set up His kingdom on earth (Rev. 19).

There are not two separate comings in the Bible. That is extrabiblical doctrine like Purgatory. It is imposing man's imaginations on the text of Scripture. Learn to actually read the text in CONTEXT.  

But as stats show, almost no one actually reads. It is just the world of opinions ('what this verse means to me...') https://textsincontext.wordpress.com/2013/05/11/second-coming-rapture-vs-scripture-christian/

• 1 month later...

On 5/13/2023 at 8:13 AM, Ray12614 said:

Ok . . . so I looked at the links you referenced above, and . . . . other than seeing an one-sided interpretation against the pre-wrath rapture of the Church . . . there is nothing new here that I have not pondered before over my years of reading/studying scripture.

So . . . I guess you can say that there is no pre tribulation rapture, and that it is a false teaching, but unless you also say that it is your personal belief concerning this topic, based on your interpretations (Or the author of the links you like), I don't buy it, nor am I required to believe it to be in an born-again relationship with Jesus.

However, living a life devoted to our Master, and occupying and doing the work of the ministry, and being found faithful at His coming IS required. So . . . IF the pre-tribulation rapture of the Church happens and you are wrong (hey . . . you could be wrong), will you be ready whenever He appears, even if He comes earlier than your interpretation of scripture suggests?

On the other side of this topic are people who are 'sure' that Jesus is coming at various dates based on their interpretation of current events and trying to fit the scriptures into those events, instead of seeing those events in light of scriptures. They too can be and have been wrong.

Unless we have the attitude of serving our Master while He is away, and being found 'ready' whenever He comes (or we fall asleep by death), and living our lives being faithful to Him, and having the Hope of His soon return we may not be serving Him as we should.

IF He comes Pre-tribulation, Mid-tribulation, or Post-tribulation, or our physical death we had better be ready for His return, OR ready to stand before His Bema Seat and give an account of our lives of service (or lack thereof).

Me personally . . . I see from scripture that God has an pattern of delivering His people from wrath and destruction, so I am an 'pre-triber', BUT, my advice to all who may disagree with me . . . BE READY ALWAYS AND BE WATCHING FOR OUR KING'S COMING . . . 

Grace and Peace always . . .

Ray . . . 

Buy Scripture. https://textsincontext.wordpress.com/2012/05/17/of-ponds-and-pitfalls/

Against today’s subjectivism, we must clearly declare “that no prophecy of Scripture is a matter of one’s own interpretation” (2 Peter 1:20).

As The Expositor’s Bible Commentary states, “no prophecy of Scripture is to be interpreted by any individual in an arbitrary way.”

On 5/15/2023 at 10:22 AM, BibleWords said:

Simply non biblical. Imposing your views on Scripture. There are not two separate comings in the Bible. Only in men's vain imaginations.

Against today’s subjectivism, we must clearly declare “that no prophecy of Scripture is a matter of one’s own interpretation” (2 Peter 1:20).

As The Expositor’s Bible Commentary states, “no prophecy of Scripture is to be interpreted by any individual in an arbitrary way.”

Latest in this series on another distortion of Scripture made by many. Rev. 4:1f

https://textsincontext.wordpress.com/2023/07/12/revelation-4-no-rapture-of-the-church/

On 5/12/2023 at 5:05 PM, R. Hartono said:

Believe the story of wise virgins taken to the Feast and the foolish left behind is enough for me.

Its your rights to believe or not nobody force you.

God bless.

You are comparing apples and oranges. Making a non sequitur. Each text stands on its own. One cannot be used to interpret the other.