IGNORED

'Christian tattoos to start a conversation as the Lord leads.'

farouk

Do they work? Christian tattoos to start a conversation as the Lord leads.  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Do they work? Christian tattoos to start a conversation as the Lord leads.

• Yes, they do work; they are effective
    • No, they don't work; they are not effective
    • Don't know
    • I have my thoughts but would prefer not to express them

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/08/2023 at 08:28 PM

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,184
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

to think God would bless that which He has said not to do ... really! Is that what we have learned from God's Word?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,398
  • Content Per Day:  12.16
  • Days Won:  31

1 hour ago, enoob57 said:

to think God would bless that which He has said not to do ... really! Is that what you have learned from God's Word?

There are things in Leviticus which are not carried over into the NT. Hebrews 7.12 also says the law was changed, and what we now have - as per Hebrews 7.19 - is better than the law.

( cc. @Jayne )

Edited by farouk

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,184
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

2 hours ago, farouk said:

There are things in Leviticus which are not carried over into the NT. Hebrews 7.12 also says the law was changed, and what we now have - as per Hebrews 7.19 - is better than the law.

( cc. @Jayne )

So, are you considering God's Heart has changed in this? This is getting very close to the end justifies the means... for myself I keep myself in the areas of desire to please Him, not out of demand (law), but out of Love He provides me to return to Him:
John 14:21 (KJV)
[21] He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him

As we individually prepare to meet with Jesus and give an account for ourselves according to His Word: (Judgment Seat of Christ or Great White Throne)
John 12:47 (KJV)
[47] And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
[48] He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day

Scripture is the standard by which we are made able to live for and please our God.... Noone can say I did not know for that is why The Lord had it written down ...
2 Timothy 3:15 (KJV)
[15] And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
[16] All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
[17] That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

20 hours ago, farouk said:

@Willa Perhaps even how far you understand your Christian daughter's and granddaughter's having gotten tattooed with faith based content relates to the extent to which they explained to you why they found it so highly desirable to become tattooed? (or maybe they did thoroughly explain it...)

No one explained anything so I just try to ignore them.  I don't think anything helps.  They are still like an ugly scar.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, enoob57 said:

So, are you considering God's Heart has changed in this? This is getting very close to the end justifies the means... for myself I keep myself in the areas of desire to please Him, not out of demand (law), but out of Love He provides me to return to Him:
John 14:21 (KJV)
[21] He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him

As we individually prepare to meet with Jesus and give an account for ourselves according to His Word: (Judgment Seat of Christ or Great White Throne)
John 12:47 (KJV)
[47] And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
[48] He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day

Scripture is the standard by which we are made able to live for and please our God.... Noone can say I did not know for that is why The Lord had it written down ...
2 Timothy 3:15 (KJV)
[15] And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
[16] All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
[17] That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works

Excellent verses there. What I had in mind was this: Do preachers shave? in Leviticus it seems to say about not trimming the corners of beards. If preachers do shave, then maybe they are backhandedly admitting that they are New Testament Christians for whom the Gospel is the rule of life, rather than Old Testament Jews - with bushy beards - in the land under the law. Also, some of the dietary provisions of Leviticus were done away with in Acts.

• Brilliant! 1

1 hour ago, Willa said:

No one explained anything so I just try to ignore them. 

@Willa Sounds like your tattooed daughter and granddaughter(s) still mystify you as to their reasons for thinking it was strongly desirous to do.

My guess would be that the way they feel about it would likely be quite similar to why others think it's something strongly desirous also.

juliannenw said:

I am a nurse in a cardiac ICU. I am also pretty heavily tattooed. I am a well educated, well rounded nurse, and was raised with strong morals and manners. .. I am an extremely traditional person. .. a professional persona as well as a unique one while I'm not working allnurses dot com

Maybe for your daughter and granddaughter(s) it seemed to offer a way of expressing a unique personal persona? (as well as a faith talking point about the design - itself a desired personal persona, perhaps).

On 5/9/2023 at 9:47 PM, The_Patriot21 said:

your comparison isn't without merit...

Tattoos, at best are nothing more then art....They are not witnessing tools. If you want one then get one...just don't make up excuses to justify having one.

@The_Patriot21 My wife and I talked anyway to a young lady with the whole of John 3.16 tattooed on her wrist area; it led to the conversation. You would likely have found the conversation interesting, anyway.

@Willa PS: The lady in the quote I gave above is thoroughly conservative and traditional in her outlook - as maybe your daughter and granddaughter(s) are also(?). It seems that being thoroughly conservative and thinking tattoo parlor service is strongly desirous, are often not regarded as contradictory at all.

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

I really don't care why people get tattoos or if they are beneficial.  In my opinion they are ugly and I can't get around that.

• Thanks 1

Thanks to all who voted so far in the poll.

NB: If you have not yet voted in the poll, please vote now.