IGNORED

When are both the living and the dead in Christ raised?

Stewardofthemystery

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Topics Per Day:  0.32
  • Content Count:  1,008
  • Content Per Day:  2.78
  • Days Won:  2

So when is the resurrection of the dead, and the living in Christ being caught up to the Lord?

1 Thessalonians 4:16-17 16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: 17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.”

Notice we see #1 the Lord himself decending, #2 the trump of the archangel is sounded, #3 “the dead rise first”and #4 the living are caught up to meet the Lord. 

So when do the dead in Christ rise first? The answer is below…

John 6:39
And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.
John 6:40
And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.
John 6:44
No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.
John 11:24
Martha saith unto him, I know that he shall rise again in the resurrection at the last day.

So it is clear, the dead are raised on “the last day”.

Notice the judgment is also on the last day as well….

John 12:48
He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

The Judgment of saints is shown on the last day…. Revelation 20:4 4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.”

Confirmed here….

Daniel 7:21-22 21 I beheld, and the same horn made war with the saints, and prevailed against them; 22 Until the Ancient of days came, and judgment was given to the saints of the most High; and the time came that the saints possessed the kingdom.”

When do saints posses the kingdoms of this world?

Revelation 11:15 15 And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.”

Daniel was told when he shall stand in the lot of his inheritance, and that was not until “the end.”

Daniel 12:13 13 But go thou thy way till the end be: for thou shalt rest, and stand in thy lot at the end of the days.

Notice in the above, (Daniel 7:22) Christ first comes and the judgment is given to the saints on the last day. 

So when does Christ come?

Son of Gods coming last day….

Luke 17:26-31

26 And as it was in the days of Noe, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man. 27 They did eat, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark, and the flood came, and destroyed them all. 28 Likewise also as it was in the days of Lot; they did eat, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they builded; 29 But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all.30 Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed.”

Notice above it was “the day” Noah entered they were destroyed, and “the same day” Lot left Sodom they were destroyed.

At the last day, at the Last Trump….

1Corinthians 15:51-52 “Behold I show you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at “the last trump:” for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead in Christ shall be raised incorruptable, and we shall be changed” 

Notice at “the last trump”the dead are raised, and so what happens at the last trump…

Revelation 10:7 7 But in the days of the voice of “the seventh angel,” when he shall begin to sound, the mystery of God should be “finished,” as he hath declared to his servants the prophets.

Revelation 11:12 12 And they heard a great voice from heaven saying unto them, Come up hither. And they ascended up to heaven in a cloud; and their enemies beheld them.

Revelation 11:15 15 And “the seventh angel sounded;” and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.”

Also notice the elect are still on earth during the great tribulation and wrath of God.

Matthew 24:22 22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

Revelation 7:14 14 And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

Revelation 16:15 15 Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame.

All the scriptures agree there is no resurrection of the dead or the living in Christ until “the last day,”and at “the last trump.”

Now some will try to use Matthew 24:40-41 And Luke 17:34-37 as pre-trib rapture proof, but again Jesus says it has to do with His coming, when the Son is revealed. And both of those prophecies speak of the destruction of the ungodly on that same day, as it was in Noah’s day and in Lots day, just as we saw above in Luke 17:26-31.

It says the same in Matthew 24:38 that “the day” Noah entered the ark the flood came and took them all away. 

Now in Luke17:36 Jesus said one shall be taken, and the other left. In the next verse Jesus is asked where? Jesus replies “Wheresoever the body is, thither will the eagles be gathered together.”

To prove this has to do with Christs second coming we go to Matthew 24:27-28 “ For as the lightning comes out of th east, and shines even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together.”

So what is Jesus speaking of here about a carcase and eagles being gathered together? Jesus is speaking of the supper of the great God mentioned in Revelation 19:17 And if you look at the context of Revelation chapter 19:11-21 it is about the second coming of Christ with all his saints, the marriage supper of the Lamb, the slaughter of the beasts army and the kings of the earth, and their flesh being fed to the fowls. And also the judgment of the beast and false prophet, which happens on “the last day.”

Revelation 19:11-2111 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.12 His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.16 And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, King Of Kings, And Lord Of Lords.

17 And I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the fowls that fly in the midst of heaven, Come and gather yourselves together unto the supper of the great God;

18 That ye may eat the flesh of kings, and the flesh of captains, and the flesh of mighty men, and the flesh of horses, and of them that sit on them, and the flesh of all men, both free and bond, both small and great.19 And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army. 20 And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone. 21 And the remnant were slain with the sword of him that sat upon the horse, which sword proceeded out of his mouth: and all the fowls were filled with their flesh.”

So all the scriptures agree, all these things happen on “the last day.”

Notice what Paul says below…

That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him:”

This also proves there is no secret pre-trib rapture because at “the last day” God is going to gather together “all the host”of heaven along with “all”the dead and living saints on earth at this single end time event.

Peace
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  9,608
  • Content Per Day:  3.92
  • Days Won:  21

6 minutes ago, Stewardofthemystery said:

at this single end time event.

Correct. Oh Yeah...:D

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,150
  • Content Per Day:  0.69

1 hour ago, Stewardofthemystery said:

So when is the resurrection of the dead, and the living in Christ being caught up to the Lord?

This concept is flawed.  Only the dead can be raise up and Resurrected, not the living.  Christ the first fruit was resurrected out of the Grave after 3 days and 3 nights. He is our model. He arose from the dead.  He did not arise from the living.  Christ was crucified, Buried, then He Arose,  He did not arise when He was living as 1 Thes implies that some of the Saints will.

So it is clear, the dead are raised on “the last day”

But when are the living changed (not resurrected, changed)  on what "last day" do you refer.

When do saints posses the kingdoms of this world?

Revelation 11:15 15 And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.”

You must distinguish between O.T Saints and N.T. Saints. No promise to reign for O.T. Saints.  You need to clarify this.

Daniel was told when he shall stand in the lot of his inheritance, and that was not until “the end.”

Daniel 12:13 13 But go thou thy way till the end be: for thou shalt rest, and stand in thy lot at the end of the days.

Notice in the above, (Daniel 7:22) Christ first comes and the judgment is given to the saints on the last day. 

The Just of Daniel's people will arise to receive their allotted inheritance which is the Land, earthly.

The Churches inheritance is heavenly.  No judgement is given to the saints on the "last day".  Some rewards may be given.

All the scriptures agree there is no resurrection of the dead or the living in Christ until “the last day,”and at “the last trump.”

False statement.  Scripture gives no hint to when the Rapture will occur; Only one clue is given "As in the days of Noah, people were.....  This is only time frame given,  And it is not Post-Trib.

Remember it is only the Father who draws individuals into the Body of Christ, Bride, Church; Not the Son (And the Son is the All of Scripture), and He does not know when the Rapture will take place; the coming of the Bridegroom.

That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him:”

This puts the Pre-Trib Rapture in heaven already.  We who are already in heaven will join some of those below on earth.

This whole post of yours really proves nothing as to when the Rapture will occur, just that there are some resurrections prior to the 1000 year reign.  Then one must deal with all those survivors who attacked Jerusalem, but did not die at Armageddon,  These survivors repopulate the earth so Satan can deceive some of their offspring at the end of the 1000 years.  Now when do these who did not follow Satan get resurrected into the Resurrection for the Just.  When does their translation from Perishable to Imperishable happen.

In Christ

Montana Marv

1 hour ago, Montana Marv said:

This concept is flawed.  Only the dead can be raise up and Resurrected, not the living.  Christ the first fruit was resurrected out of the Grave after 3 days and 3 nights. He is our model. He arose from the dead.  He did not arise from the living.  Christ was crucified, Buried, then He Arose,  He did not arise when He was living as 1 Thes implies that some of the Saints will.

But when are the living changed (not resurrected, changed)  on what "last day" do you refer.

You must distinguish between O.T Saints and N.T. Saints. No promise to reign for O.T. Saints.  You need to clarify this.

The Just of Daniel's people will arise to receive their allotted inheritance which is the Land, earthly.

The Churches inheritance is heavenly.  No judgement is given to the saints on the "last day".  Some rewards may be given.

False statement.  Scripture gives no hint to when the Rapture will occur; Only one clue is given "As in the days of Noah, people were.....  This is only time frame given,  And it is not Post-Trib.

Remember it is only the Father who draws individuals into the Body of Christ, Bride, Church; Not the Son (And the Son is the All of Scripture), and He does not know when the Rapture will take place; the coming of the Bridegroom.

This puts the Pre-Trib Rapture in heaven already.  We who are already in heaven will join some of those below on earth.

This whole post of yours really proves nothing as to when the Rapture will occur, just that there are some resurrections prior to the 1000 year reign.  Then one must deal with all those survivors who attacked Jerusalem, but did not die at Armageddon,  These survivors repopulate the earth so Satan can deceive some of their offspring at the end of the 1000 years.  Now when do these who did not follow Satan get resurrected into the Resurrection for the Just.  When does their translation from Perishable to Imperishable happen.

In Christ

Montana Marv

I said “So when is the resurrection of the dead, and the living in Christ being caught up to the Lord?

Notice I said the living are being “caught up” to the Lord, not resurrected.

The rapture theory is flawed in saying the living are “raptured” before the dead are resurrected on the last day as Jesus said.

The words of God say the dead rise first, not the living.

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,466
  • Topics Per Day:  1.25
  • Content Count:  27,810
  • Content Per Day:  3.32
  • Days Won:  130
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

In Hebraic thought, a day could also be a 1000 years as a 1000 years is a day in the presence of the Lord.  You could easily have a resurrection for those to life before the Millennial reign starts ... and then when the 1000-year reign is completed, a resurrection of those to death at the Great White Throne judgment and that could be as a day in the sight of God. 

Honestly, time is one of those things with the Lord that is different than our comprehension of it.   Since He's eternal, what are 1000 years in light of eternity?  :)

Be blessed,

George

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,150
  • Content Per Day:  0.69

22 minutes ago, Stewardofthemystery said:

I said “So when is the resurrection of the dead, and the living in Christ being caught up to the Lord?

Notice I said the living are being “caught up” to the Lord, not resurrected.

The rapture theory is flawed in saying the living are “raptured” before the dead are resurrected on the last day as Jesus said.

The words of God say the dead rise first, not the living.

The Harpozo is not flawed.  Both the Dead in Christ and those Alive in Christ are caught up, (together)

"Resurrection" is not mentioned in 1st or 2nd Thes.  Some people may imply it is, but is is not.  Paul is not tying a resurrection to the Harpozo (Rapture).  The term is caught up.  When Christ arose (Resurrected) from the dead, He was not caught up; He was caught up at the ascension.

So this Harpozo (Rapture) is more like an ascension.

In Christ

Montana Marv

1 hour ago, George said:

In Hebraic thought, a day could also be a 1000 years as a 1000 years is a day in the presence of the Lord.  You could easily have a resurrection for those to life before the Millennial reign starts ... and then when the 1000-year reign is completed, a resurrection of those to death at the Great White Throne judgment and that could be as a day in the sight of God. 

Honestly, time is one of those things with the Lord that is different than our comprehension of it.   Since He's eternal, what are 1000 years in light of eternity?  :)

Be blessed,

George

Well there is another resurrection of the dead after the thousand years are fulfilled.

But the resurrection of the dead in Christ happens at the last trump at the last day.  

Revelation 20:4-6

King James Version

And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.”

1 hour ago, Montana Marv said:

The Harpozo is not flawed.  Both the Dead in Christ and those Alive in Christ are caught up, (together)

"Resurrection" is not mentioned in 1st or 2nd Thes.  Some people may imply it is, but is is not.  Paul is not tying a resurrection to the Harpozo (Rapture).  The term is caught up.  When Christ arose (Resurrected) from the dead, He was not caught up; He was caught up at the ascension.

So this Harpozo (Rapture) is more like an ascension.

In Christ

Montana Marv

The dead in Christ are raised back up to life, or resurrected, what ever you want to call it.  But the Truth remains, as Jesus said, “it is at the last day” ( not days)

John 6:39
And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at “the last day.”

John 6:40
And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at “the last day.”

John 6:44
No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at “the last day.”

John 11:24
Martha saith unto him, I know that he shall rise again in the resurrection at “the last day.”

So it is clear to me, the dead in Christ are raised at “the last day”.

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,301
  • Content Per Day:  3.57
  • Days Won:  0

5 hours ago, Stewardofthemystery said:

We are all born into a body that suffers the FIRST death.  This body dies because when Adam sinned, it became corrupted.  When sin came into the world the earth also became corrupted.  (and hell was born? for sinners)

The penalty for sin is death.  The place that penalty is paid is hell.  The one who holds a soul in hell is Satan.  Hell is the place for ALL THE SPIRITUAL BODY/SOUL/SPIRITS OF THE DEAD

Those who have died, never having been born from ABOVE, GO TO HELL.  They are THE DEAD. 

THOSE WHO DIED having been born from above go to HEAVEN. They are THE LIVING

NATURAL FLESH AND BLOOD BODY WITH A SHELF LIFE  -  THE ADAM BODY

SPIRITUAL FLESH AND BONE BODY WITH A SHELF LIFE  - THE DEAD

SPIRITUAL FLESH AND BONE BODY WITHOUT A SHELF LIFE  - THE LIVING

1. The Adam body  
made of flesh and blood dust of the earth
born of the water of the womb of a woman
shelf life of 120 years
at end of shelf life turns into spiritual body

A.  While in the Adam body a being can live until he dies and then go into the grave.  If that being doesn't come to faith, that being has sin and so when the body of that being dies, that being goes to the place where those with sin goes, the place of THE DEAD

B. While in the Adam body a being can while 'living' come to faith.  That being is BORN AGAIN, this time is born FROM ABOVE.  Being born of the Spirit, that being becomes a new 'creation', a spiritual body within the Adam body is born.  This is a place for the Lord to dwell within us.  This is the part of us that as we live this life and mature and grow, ALSO matures and grows.  Our Adam body feeds off the animals and plants, our spiritual body feeds off the words of God and the body and blood of Christ.  

Because we are born from ABOVE, our spiritual man is growing, that spiritual man falls UNDER THE GRACE OF GOD.  As long as we STAY faithful to God our spiritual man thrives.  If we step to far away and for too long, our spiritual man dies.  HENCE ALL THE IFS.  There is no 'once saved always saved' or else there could be NO FALLING AWAY, no having your 'crown' taken.  We must strive to attain and not till we have attained do we rest from our labors. 

Whereas the unsaved Adam body being dies in sin and so goes to the place of the dead, born in the corruption, his spiritual body/soul/spirit goes to pay the penalty death,

The SAVED Adam body/soul/spirit dies WITH THE GIFT OF SALVATION and leaves the Adam body (to return to the dust) and rises up in the spiritual body to the place of the living.  HENCE a saved soul never dies but follows Him to the place He prepared.  

2.  The SPIRITUAL BODY

All those in Adam bodies will move onto spiritual bodies.  
The spiritual body is God given, not man made. 
It is flesh and bone.  

a. The spiritual body of THE DEAD, not having been born while the ADAM body lived, is born in the place of THE DEAD, born in the corruption of the earth.  It will remain in the corruption of the earth until the Lord returns and THE DEAD rise at the beginning of the Lords Day OR until the end of the Lords Day, depending on why they are in the place of THE DEAD.  NOT ONE SOUL DIES UNTIL THE JUDGMENT AT THE END OF THE LORDS DAY. 

b. The spiritual body of THE LIVING was born WHILE the Adam body yet lived so when the ADAM body dies, the spiritual body already having been growing, goes to the place of THE LIVING.  The spiritual body knows the way, the resurrection, the LIFE.  
So, as Jesus died and rose, even so them.  AND THE LIVING ARE COMING BACK WITH HIM.  

OT SAINTS VS NEW TEST SAINTS

Christ descended and when He ascended He led the captives to heaven.  All the OLD TEST SAINTS ARE IN HEAVEN.  They heard the good news and the graves were opened and NOW UNDER THE NEW COVENANT just like us, with sins forgiven and they washed clean, the penalty for death, the ransom paid, THE GRAVE COULD NO LONGER HOLD THEM.  They are in heaven and have been ever since.  GOD WANTS HIS CHILDREN WITH HIM.  THAT is why GOD CAME in the flesh.  TO GET US and take us HOME.  

HE didn't like how 'under the law' we had to STAY in hell so HE BROUGHT IN A NEW COVENANT so we wouldn't EVER HAVE TO DIE and go to hell.  

You have read the Scriptures that STATE THESE very THINGS, if can't find them, I will go get them and publish them here for you.  Just trying to keep it short.  

SO THE SAVED followed/follow Him and return with Him.  Those who are LEFT ON THE EARTH when He returns that ARE HIS are the ALIVE AND REMAINING.  THEY DON'T SEE DEATH THEY ARE TRANSFORMED.  

WHEN Christ returns THE DEAD rise.  BOTH THE JUST AND THE UNJUST.  but THE DEAD, and NOT THE LIVING.  There are NO CORPSES that rise up, just spiritual bodies of THE DEAD. 

Why 'in Christ'?  I DON'T KNOW.  I know ONE PLACE says 'in Christ' the OTHER says 'THE DEAD' but doesn't mention in Christ.  I SUSPECT it is because ALL THOSE DEAD will be learning GODS TRUTH for the Lords Day and at the end of the 1000 years will face SATAN being loosed a short season WHERE SOME WILL follow SATAN and SOME will not.  

So some will find their NAMES IN THE BOOK OF LIFE, others will have their 2nd death, the death of BOTH the body and soul in the LOF.  

Why in Christ?  I have 'speculated' it was the two witnesses too.  BUT I don't make DOCTRINES out of WORDS, I believe PRECEPT ON PRECEPT....so the 'in Christ' DOESN'T change much SINCE IT IS THE DEAD who rise 

AND NOT...the living...NOT the bodies of the living...NOT bodies brought to life for the living..

IT IS THE DEAD AND WHAT DID JESUS SAY????

23Jesus saith unto her, Thy brother shall rise again.

24Martha saith unto him, I know that he shall rise again in the resurrection at the last day.

25Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

TALKING ABOUT DEATH AND RESURRECTION.  WHO WAS 'DEAD' AT THIS TIME?  THOSE WHO SLEPT.  WHO WAS SLEEPING?  THE OLD TEST SAINTS.  WHO DID JESUS TALK TO WHEN HE DESCENDED?  WHO WAS BEING HELD CAPTIVE?  WHICH CAPTIVES ASCENDED WITH HIM?

ALL OF THEM HAD TO BE OLD TEST SAINTS or NEWLY COME TO CHRIST GENTILES WHO HEARD THE GOOD NEWS IN HELL.  Not ONE PERSON FROM THE NEW COVENANT NOT ALREADY SLEEPING WAS RAISED UP 

OUT   

FROM 

THE

PLACE

OF 

THE 

DEAD.  

Jesus was the FIRST to rise up from the place of the dead.  NOT FROM THE DEAD, but from the place of the dead.  We know there were those who had resurrected FROM THE DEAD BODY THROUGH FAITH like Abraham, so ABRAHAM never went to hell.  Can we be 1000% positive?  Yes, because GOD is the GOD of the LIVING and not the dead and if Abraham would have been in the place of the dead then GOD would not have been his God, would He?

26And whosoever liveth and believeth in Me shall never die. Believest thou this?

so when THE DEAD rise, it can't be anyone who was ever SAVED BECAUSE they don't go to the place of the dead, they FOLLOW HIM.  

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,301
  • Content Per Day:  3.57
  • Days Won:  0

Well there is another resurrection of the dead after the thousand years are fulfilled.

But the resurrection of the dead in Christ happens at the last trump at the last day.  

Revelation 20:4-6

King James Version

And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.”

Who sat upon them?  

11And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and He that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness  He doth judge and make war.

12His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.

13And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

14And the armies which were in heaven followed Him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean........................

4........................And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them:

and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

BECAUSE THE LIVING NEVER DIE.  THE LIVING FOLLOW HIM TO GO BE WHERE HE IS.  THE LIVING DIE AND RISE JUST LIKE HE DID.  THE LIVING ARE BROUGHT BACK WITH HIM  AND THEN

1 THESS 4:17
17Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.