Worried about father

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  22
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

My father has been a widower for over 10 years now, he loved my mother and always thanked God for the blessing him with her. I'm worried hes becoming lonely, he has a thriving business and I adore him but I don't it can fill the void of a partner. He always planned to have a house full of children and create a little homestead, sadly it never came to fruition.

How do I encourage him in a way that isn't nagging or pitying to move on and find someone else? Is it wrong to encourage a new partner? Their vows were till death...it may feel like a betrayal to him but I know for a fact he wants to be a father again. Is it wrong to play matchmaker when I know how happy it'll make him?

• Praying! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,398
  • Content Per Day:  12.14
  • Days Won:  31

2 minutes ago, Obedient Christian girl said:

My father has been a widower for over 10 years now, he loved my mother and always thanked God for the blessing him with her. I'm worried hes becoming lonely, he has a thriving business and I adore him but I don't it can fill the void of a partner. He always planned to have a house full of children and create a little homestead, sadly it never came to fruition.

How do I encourage him in a way that isn't nagging or pitying to move on and find someone else? Is it wrong to encourage a new partner? Their vows were till death...it may feel like a betrayal to him but I know for a fact he wants to be a father again. Is it wrong to play matchmaker when I know how happy it'll make him?

Hi @Obedient Christian girl Much as your concern can be understood, yet just as one day you will have to make your decision about getting married, so also it's really your father's responsibility, whether or not he remarries.

What you can indeed do is encourage him and honor the Lord by appreciating prayer and Scripture reading with your father - ideally on a daily basis. The Scriptures, prayerfully read, make an ideal guide for us at whatever stage of life we may be.

• Interesting! 1

• Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  539
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  32,789
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  223
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

Just keep loving him and praying for and with him and if the subject comes up in conversation you can let him know you would welcome additions to your family . Becoming a " blended " family is often fraught with difficulties he may be happy to wait till you are ready to step into your adult life either going to uni or whatever before he thinks of dating or he may genuinely not want to go through it all again ( I have 4 children and have been happily single for over 40 years ..yes it can be lonely at times but it can be just as lonely with a partner )   

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,774
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  129
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

2 hours ago, Obedient Christian girl said:

Honestly, keep praying for him and encouraging him!  :)   Love usually springs out of nowhere and when it truly happens -- you know it!   The problem usually arises when people go looking for love in all the wrong places.   It doesn't sound like it's an issue for him ... and the Lord will provide when the timing is right!   Be blessed!  :)

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Praying! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,020
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,314
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

I agree with the others, don't push him.   He might be satisfied with his single life.   Hopefully he has some activity that he enjoys where he can meet others.

• Well Said! 1

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,398
  • Content Per Day:  12.14
  • Days Won:  31

@Obedient Christian girl ....so keep praying and trusting........ :)

(A good prayer: 'Thy will be done'.)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,873
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

All our pain and suffering is used by God to grow us into who He has designed us to be. Whatever pain and loneliness he is going through now is no different. Keep praying for God to grow him during this time, and when that period of growth is completed, to bring the right woman into his life.

Meanwhile don't discount the possibility that God has purposed him to remain single for the rest of his time in this life. In heaven he will be a part of a perfect family of billions of relatives. No one who goes to heaven misses out of family.

• This is Worthy 1

On 6/14/2023 at 4:24 PM, George said:

Honestly, keep praying for him and encouraging him!  :)   Love usually springs out of nowhere and when it truly happens -- you know it!   The problem usually arises when people go looking for love in all the wrong places.   It doesn't sound like it's an issue for him ... and the Lord will provide when the timing is right!   Be blessed!  :)

He'll know it when he sees it 😊

8 hours ago, BK1110 said:

All our pain and suffering is used by God to grow us into who He has designed us to be. Whatever pain and loneliness he is going through now is no different. Keep praying for God to grow him during this time, and when that period of growth is completed, to bring the right woman into his life.

Meanwhile don't discount the possibility that God has purposed him to remain single for the rest of his time in this life. In heaven he will be a part of a perfect family of billions of relatives. No one who goes to heaven misses out of family.

Thats true but it just seems a waste for him to be single when he has the resources and love to provide for a wife and more children.

• Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  539
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  32,789
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  223
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

Having money and love in your heart is not the only thing you need in a spouse. The desire to share your life with another person ... the desire to give up the freedoms that come with being single ......finding s0meone that sparks that love ....  It may be that he will find a special someone in Gods time or he may be called to share that love with others in a more general way .Just love him and pray for him and try to remember that just as you wouldn't appreciate him telling you how to live your life when you become an adult  he wont appreciate you trying to play cupid either :emot-hug: