• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,143
  • Content Per Day:  0.47
  • Days Won:  1

3 minutes ago, Shilohsfoal said:

The corresponds to the beast,image of the beast worship which takes place before the day of the Lord.

Amos 5

18 Woe unto you that desire the day of the Lord! to what end is it for you? the day of the Lord is darkness, and not light.

19 As if a man did flee from a lion, and a bear met him; or went into the house, and leaned his hand on the wall, and a serpent bit him.

20 Shall not the day of the Lord be darkness, and not light? even very dark, and no brightness in it?

21 I hate, I despise your feast days, and I will not smell in your solemn assemblies.

22 Though ye offer me burnt offerings and your meat offerings, I will not accept them: neither will I regard the peace offerings of your fat beasts.

23 Take thou away from me the noise of thy songs; for I will not hear the melody of thy viols.

24 But let judgment run down as waters, and righteousness as a mighty stream.

25 Have ye offered unto me sacrifices and offerings in the wilderness forty years, O house of Israel?

26 But ye have borne the tabernacle of your Moloch and Chiun your images, the star of your god, which ye made to yourselves.

27 Therefore will I cause you to go into captivity beyond Damascus, saith the Lord, whose name is The God of hosts.

This corresponds to Jesus prophecy of the Jews being cast out of the kingdom of heaven when Abraham ,Isaac and Jacob recieve it .Jesus said there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Verses 21-27 are not end times.   It was what Amos's generation was doing.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  5,881
  • Content Per Day:  2.47

11 minutes ago, douggg said:

Verses 21-27 are not end times.   It was what Amos's generation was doing.

Amos 5:18-27 are end times.

Even today you see Molochs star throughout Israel.

13 minutes ago, Shilohsfoal said:

Amos 5:18-27 are end times.

Even today you see Molochs star throughout Israel.

Amos was a prophet during the reign of Jeroboam II of Israel, and Uzziah of Judah.

kjv

Amos 5:26 But ye have borne the tabernacle of your Moloch and Chiun your images, the star of your god, which ye made to yourselves.

27 Therefore will I cause you to go into captivity beyond Damascus, saith the LORD, whose name is The God of hosts.

The house of Israel went into Assyrian captivity.   Amos 5:21-27 is not talking about the end times.

mos 5:

5 minutes ago, douggg said:

Amos was a prophet during the reign of Jeroboam II of Israel, and Uzziah of Judah.

kjv

Amos 5:26 But ye have borne the tabernacle of your Moloch and Chiun your images, the star of your god, which ye made to yourselves.

27 Therefore will I cause you to go into captivity beyond Damascus, saith the LORD, whose name is The God of hosts.

The house of Israel went into Assyrian captivity.   Amos 5:21-27 is not talking about the end times.

mos 5:

Amos says it's about the day of the Lord when the Jews go into captivity.

Are you saying the prophets are wrong and the Jews don't go into captivity of the day of the Lord?

Zechariah confirms amos's prophecy concerning the day of the Lord.

Zech 14

Behold, the day of the Lord cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.

For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.

PS.

And like I said,the star of Moloch can be seen all over Israel.

20 minutes ago, Shilohsfoal said:

Amos says it's about the day of the Lord when the Jews go into captivity.

Are you saying the prophets are wrong and the Jews don't go into captivity of the day of the Lord?

Zechariah confirms amos's prophecy concerning the day of the Lord.

Zech 14

Behold, the day of the Lord cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.

For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.

Zechariah 14:2 does not mean that the house of Israel goes into captivity into another land for worshiping Moloch.   It means that the kings of the earth will have their armies hold half of the city of Jerusalem as hostages - in hopes of keeping Jesus from destroying them

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,943
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

3 hours ago, douggg said:

Revelation 17:8 trips up many people.

Thinking back to my Bible College days I can say with certainty the very first rule of Scripture interpretation is summed up in one word - CONTEXT.

The second rule is also summed up in one word - COMPARISON.

We can arrive at the meaning of a verse by looking at the surrounding verses and also by comparing the words with their Greek counterparts and also with other passages where they are used.  

eg. Context

Dragon and Beast different but complicit entities.

Rev 12:3  Another sign was seen in heaven. Behold, a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, *and on his heads seven crowns.

Rev 12:17-13:2  The dragon grew angry with the woman, and went away to make war with the rest of her offspring, who keep God’s commandments and hold Jesus’ testimony.  (13:1)  Then I stood on the sand of the sea. I saw a beast coming up out of the sea, having ten horns and seven heads. *On his horns were ten crowns, and on his heads, blasphemous names.  (2)  The beast which I saw was like a leopard, and his feet were like those of a bear, and his mouth like the mouth of a lion. The dragon gave him his power, his throne, and great authority.

Rev 16:10-11  The fifth poured out his bowl on the throne of the beast, and his kingdom was darkened. They gnawed their tongues because of the pain,  (11)  and they blasphemed the God of heaven because of their pains and their sores. They didn’t repent of their works.

Rev 17:9-11  Here is the mind that has wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains on which the woman sits.  (10)  They are seven kings. Five have fallen, the one is, the other has not yet come. When he comes, he must continue a little while.  (11)  The beast that was, and is not, is himself also an eighth, and is of the seven; and he goes to destruction.

eg. Comparison

*The Dragon has 7 Crowns on Seven Heads = Sovereign Control

*The Beast has 10 Crowns on 10 Horns = Sovereign Enforcement

5 hours ago, Michael37 said:

*The Dragon has 7 Crowns on Seven Heads = Sovereign Control

*The Beast has 10 Crowns on 10 Horns = Sovereign Enforcement

Michael,

the seven heads are seven kings.   The ten horns are ten kings.

If you zoom out on your monitor, the comparison table is a little more easy to follow.

Revelation 17 - timestamp status - first century

seven heads - no crowns (end times completion)

ten horns - no crowns   (end times completion)

Revelation 12 - timestamp status - end times, the 7 years before Jesus returns.

seven heads - crowns  (seven kings completion)

ten horns - no crowns

Revelation 13 - timestamp status - end times, 42 months before Jesus returns

seven heads - no crowns.    one head mortally wounded but healed - the beast king. 

ten horns - crowns (to rule with the beast king).

Edited by douggg

8 hours ago, douggg said:

Zechariah 14:2 does not mean that the house of Israel goes into captivity into another land for worshiping Moloch.   It means that the kings of the earth will have their armies hold half of the city of Jerusalem as hostages - in hopes of keeping Jesus from destroying them

That's not why the Muslim countries overthrow Israel.Its because they want to destroy dajalls army and liberate Jerusalem as they are told to do in the Hadith.They are also told to kill the Jews but they take the women for slaves.

And yes the Jews are kicked out of the kingdom just like Jesus said in the gospel.

Mathew 8:12

But the subjects of the kingdom will be thrown outside, into the darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.”

They are not allowed in the kingdom anymore.Cast out.They worshiped the beast Moloch and it's image and get the boot.

Edited by Shilohsfoal

2 hours ago, Shilohsfoal said:

That's not why the Muslim countries overthrow Israel.Its because they want to destroy dajalls army and liberate Jerusalem as they are told to do in the Hadith.They are also told to kill the Jews but they take the women for slaves.

Islam will have been destroyed 7 years earlier to Zechariah 14.