Shilohsfoal

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  5,881
  • Content Per Day:  2.47
  • Days Won:  1

I've often wondered why Jesus didn't share the revelation God gave to him with all his apostles and waited till John was very old before giving it to him.All the other apostles had died before Jesus gave it to John.Jesus waited 63 years after his death before giving revelation to an elderly John to write.

John 21:20-22

Then Peter, turning about, seeth the disciple whom Jesus loved following; which also leaned on his breast at supper, and said, Lord, which is he that betrayeth thee?

Peter seeing him saith to Jesus, Lord, and what shall this man do?

Jesus saith unto him, If I will that he tarry till I come, what is that to thee? follow thou me.

Jesus had already known he would appoint the task of writing revelation to John and wouldn't even bother telling the other apostles what John would do.Revelation was nothing the apostles needed to know.If they needed to know and understand it,he would have shared it with all of them.But we learn Johns task in writing revelation is mainly needed by those who will be tarrying about at the time of Christs coming.Then Johns work would become need to know information.

revelation 10:11

And he said unto me, Thou must prophesy again before many peoples, and nations, and tongues, and kings.

Edited by Shilohsfoal

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.90

Revelation is interesting, but I find Matthew 24 to be easier to understand and apply to my life.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, FJK said:

Revelation is interesting, but I find Matthew 24 to be easier to understand and apply to my life.

I found revelation very interesting but the more I learned,the more I realized I didn't need to know it.

The gospel turns out to be the most important from what I've learned.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,038
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  0

On 6/23/2023 at 3:44 PM, Shilohsfoal said:

I've often wondered why Jesus didn't share the revelation God gave to him with all his apostles and waited till John was very old before giving it to him.All the other apostles had died before Jesus gave it to John.Jesus waited 63 years after his death before giving revelation to an elderly John to write.

John 21:20-22

Then Peter, turning about, seeth the disciple whom Jesus loved following; which also leaned on his breast at supper, and said, Lord, which is he that betrayeth thee?

Peter seeing him saith to Jesus, Lord, and what shall this man do?

Jesus saith unto him, If I will that he tarry till I come, what is that to thee? follow thou me.

Jesus had already known he would appoint the task of writing revelation to John and wouldn't even bother telling the other apostles what John would do.Revelation was nothing the apostles needed to know.If they needed to know and understand it,he would have shared it with all of them.But we learn Johns task in writing revelation is mainly needed by those who will be tarrying about at the time of Christs coming.Then Johns work would become need to know information.

revelation 10:11

And he said unto me, Thou must prophesy again before many peoples, and nations, and tongues, and kings.

The purpose of God in making man was so that the man could express God visibly (image and likeness) and so that he could subdue and rule the earth. The first Adam did not do this, so a "Second Adam" is raised up. This Second Adam has already displayed God to the fullest, but it still remain to be fulfilled that this Man subdues and rules the earth. Not counting the substitutionary death of Christ, the biggest event on God's agenda has yet to happen. Almost double the prophecies made concerning the first coming are published concerning the second. The REVEALING of the new King of kings was the main subject of Daniel, John Baptist, Jesus, the disciples and God's written Word.

It seems that our Lord Jesus waited till 96 AD, but I doubt it. The disciples were with Jesus 3½ years, and Paul was trained for 14 years. Their writings are full of the Second Coming. What is REVEALED in REVELATION is the events surrounding the REVEALING of Christ. And this is the wrath of God on all ungodliness unleashed from heaven. Up to now we have had a paradox. God has been holding back and given His disciples a "ministry of reconciliation". Satan, and men, have, in this time, extended their wrath ("Why do the heathen rage ... "). Wars and persecution are the order of the Gentile day. But soon the roles will be reversed. Soon, men will seek early death. Men had their chance .... and now God is going to have His chance. Who will escape?

28 minutes ago, AdHoc said:

The purpose of God in making man was so that the man could express God visibly (image and likeness) and so that he could subdue and rule the earth. The first Adam did not do this, so a "Second Adam" is raised up. This Second Adam has already displayed God to the fullest, but it still remain to be fulfilled that this Man subdues and rules the earth. Not counting the substitutionary death of Christ, the biggest event on God's agenda has yet to happen. Almost double the prophecies made concerning the first coming are published concerning the second. The REVEALING of the new King of kings was the main subject of Daniel, John Baptist, Jesus, the disciples and God's written Word.

It seems that our Lord Jesus waited till 96 AD, but I doubt it. The disciples were with Jesus 3½ years, and Paul was trained for 14 years. Their writings are full of the Second Coming. What is REVEALED in REVELATION is the events surrounding the REVEALING of Christ. And this is the wrath of God on all ungodliness unleashed from heaven. Up to now we have had a paradox. God has been holding back and given His disciples a "ministry of reconciliation". Satan, and men, have, in this time, extended their wrath ("Why do the heathen rage ... "). Wars and persecution are the order of the Gentile day. But soon the roles will be reversed. Soon, men will seek early death. Men had their chance .... and now God is going to have His chance. Who will escape?

Men sought early death when the Hiroshima bomb was dropped.

The lucky ones were instantly consumed as they stood on their feet.Those who were just badly burned spent days and weeks wishing they were dead.

The coming war isn't that different,it's just on a larger scale.The main thing is to have the holy spirit.He that is in me is greater than anything in this world including a nuclear explosion 

On 6/23/2023 at 4:54 PM, Shilohsfoal said:

I found revelation very interesting but the more I learned,the more I realized I didn't need to know it.

The gospel turns out to be the most important from what I've learned.

One cannot deny your experience. Each of us has our favorite book(s) in the Bible. But Revelation is the only Book of all the Books in the Bible that promises a blessing for reading and conforming to the things written in it.

3 Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand (Re 1:3)

Maybe you'll find a new joy in it.

11 minutes ago, AdHoc said:

One cannot deny your experience. Each of us has our favorite book(s) in the Bible. But Revelation is the only Book of all the Books in the Bible that promises a blessing for reading and conforming to the things written in it.

3 Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand (Re 1:3)

Maybe you'll find a new joy in it.

I received the holy spirit by hearing the gospel and believing it.

I didn't need to read revelation because it wasn't going to effect my beliefs either way.

But for those who would experience the things written in it ,it could be a very important book.

I don't believe it's been very important for the last two thousand years though because the time wasn't at hand.

It's getting close though.From my understanding the false prophet should appear in the land of Israel in a few more years and the Israelis who followed after the beast will recieve the mark.I may or may not be around to witness it but either way it still wouldn't affect me.I don't live in the middle east where these events take place.

I could die tonight and never had seen any of revelation fulfilled before my death.

What  was important during my life to me though ,was the fact that I believed in Jesus and was baptized in the holy spirit by God .Nothing else in my life was more important than that one thing God had done to me.

47 minutes ago, Shilohsfoal said:

I received the holy spirit by hearing the gospel and believing it.

I didn't need to read revelation because it wasn't going to effect my beliefs either way.

But for those who would experience the things written in it ,it could be a very important book.

I don't believe it's been very important for the last two thousand years though because the time wasn't at hand.

It's getting close though.From my understanding the false prophet should appear in the land of Israel in a few more years and the Israelis who followed after the beast will recieve the mark.I may or may not be around to witness it but either way it still wouldn't affect me.I don't live in the middle east where these events take place.

I could die tonight and never had seen any of revelation fulfilled before my death.

What  was important during my life to me though ,was the fact that I believed in Jesus and was baptized in the holy spirit by God .Nothing else in my life was more important than that one thing God had done to me.

Wonderful! I too don't know if I'll be around for the events recorded in this Book, but the first three Chapters carry rewards for Believers who Overcome. I want to be among those who are rewarded. Those three Chapters give me indications of apostasy, and how I must beat them. Imagine eating the hidden manna? What a privilege!

4 minutes ago, AdHoc said:

Wonderful! I too don't know if I'll be around for the events recorded in this Book, but the first three Chapters carry rewards for Believers who Overcome. I want to be among those who are rewarded. Those three Chapters give me indications of apostasy, and how I must beat them. Imagine eating the hidden manna? What a privilege!

I've learned that those verses were not intended for my hearing but I heard them anyways.Ive learned who overcomes and what they overcome.

The first person I've read of in scripture to overcome was Jacob who after overcoming recieved a new name.Israel.

Genesis 32:28

Then the man said, “Your name will no longer be Jacob, but Israel, because you have struggled with God and with humans and have overcome.”

Jesus had stated that he who overcomes will rule over the nations.

Revelation 2:26-27

And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:
And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father.

In the book of Isaiah we find that it is Israel who rules over the nations in the Lords land(kingdom of heaven).

Isaiah 14:2

Nations will take them and bring them to their own place. And Israel will take possession of the nations and make them male and female servants in the LORD’s land. They will make captives of their captors and rule over their oppressors.

To my understanding Isaiah 14:2 and revelations 20:4 is speaking of the exact same people reigning in the Lords land.

Revelation 20:4

I saw thrones on which were seated those who had been given authority to judge. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony about Jesus and because of the word of God. They had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

As I understand ,the Israeli government is the beast.The false prophet will arrive in Israel in a few years (possibly two)and these saints mentioned in revelation 20  will die testifying of Christ.They will be resurected  and reign with Christ for 1000 years .I'd say they had overcome quite a lot and deserve to be called Israel.

Those who overcome are the remnant of Israel that are saved.

1 hour ago, AdHoc said:

PS

If you read Ezekiel 37,you will see God's people Israel being resurected from their graves and are living in the land of Israel in chapter 38.These are the same saints living in the Lords land in revelation 20 after their resurection in revelation 20:4.

Gog mentioned in revelation 20:8 is the same Gog mentioned in Ezekiel 38:2.