Guest duane65

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  342
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0

He was GREAT! I havent found fault in anything of his ive read so far... but ive only read 3 of his books.

He loved the Lord so so dearly

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  340
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

I read a book many years ago about his life.All i can remember about it was the raising of his dead wife. He commanded the spirit of death to release her, which of coarse the demon had to obey as Smith had Jesus living in Him and through him.(makes raising the dead sound so easy doesnt it?)From what I gather ,Smith had an awesome "sight" into the spiritual so it wouldn't have suprised me at all if he had hit a woman in the stomach saying he was aiming for the demon! His "reality"was very different to the norm.But just remember....."we fix our eyes NOT on what is seen, but what is unseen . For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal" 2 Corinths 4 v18............Smith obviously took that scripture to heart! :rolleyes:

Would you kindly show Scripture that says that physical death (the natural ending of a person's human existence) is a 'spirit' ? I know that in 1 Cor 15:26 Paul refers to death as the last enemy Christ will overcome, but this is referrences our glorious hope of bodily resurrection.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,230
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

I read a book many years ago about his life.All i can remember about it was the raising of his dead wife. He commanded the spirit of death to release her, which of coarse the demon had to obey as Smith had Jesus living in Him and through him.(makes raising the dead sound so easy doesnt it?)From what I gather ,Smith had an awesome "sight" into the spiritual so it wouldn't have suprised me at all if he had hit a woman in the stomach saying he was aiming for the demon! His "reality"was very different to the norm.But just remember....."we fix our eyes NOT on what is seen, but what is unseen . For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal" 2 Corinths 4 v18............Smith obviously took that scripture to heart! :)

Would you kindly show Scripture that says that physical death (the natural ending of a person's human existence) is a 'spirit' ? I know that in 1 Cor 15:26 Paul refers to death as the last enemy Christ will overcome, but this is referrences our glorious hope of bodily resurrection.

I would like to help you understand a little about the spiritual realm if you please. Physical death is not a spirit but may well be caused by one. When Jesus was casting out the "deaf and dumb" spirit He was casting out the cause of the deafness and dumbness. And we who are spiritual should take note that many problems are truly the result of evil spirits and not just natural phenomena.

Mr 9:25 When Jesus saw that the people came running together, he rebuked the foul spirit, saying unto him, [Thou] dumb and deaf spirit, I charge thee, come out of him, and enter no more into him.

LT

I read a book many years ago about his life.All i can remember about it was the raising of his dead wife. He commanded the spirit of death to release her, which of coarse the demon had to obey as Smith had Jesus living in Him and through him.(makes raising the dead sound so easy doesnt it?)From what I gather ,Smith had an awesome "sight" into the spiritual so it wouldn't have suprised me at all if he had hit a woman in the stomach saying he was aiming for the demon! His "reality"was very different to the norm.But just remember....."we fix our eyes NOT on what is seen, but what is unseen . For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal" 2 Corinths 4 v18............Smith obviously took that scripture to heart! :)

I would like to help you understand a little about the spiritual realm if you please. Physical death is not a spirit but may well be caused by one. When Jesus was casting out the "deaf and dumb" spirit He was casting out the cause of the deafness and dumbness. And we who are spiritual should take note that many problems are truly the result of evil spirits and not just natural phenomena.

Mr 9:25 When Jesus saw that the people came running together, he rebuked the foul spirit, saying unto him, [Thou] dumb and deaf spirit, I charge thee, come out of him, and enter no more into him.

LT

The dumb and deaf spirit was cast out of a living person...one I doubt seriously was a believer prior to his deliverance... seeing as how the HS would not have shared His temple. Mrs. Wigglesworth was dead, and from what I have heard and read about Mrs. Wigglesworth, she was a godly, born-again woman, who would not have had a demon of any kind. The idea that a 'demon of death' could be expelled from a dead believer is not only not biblical... it is ludicrous. I would still like to see actual Scripture to support the idea of a 'spirit of death'.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

1 Cor. 15

25 For He must reign till He has put all enemies under His feet.

26 The last enemy that will be destroyed is death.

Well, at least here, "death" is considered something other than a verb.

1 Cor. 15

25 For He must reign till He has put all enemies under His feet.

26 The last enemy that will be destroyed is death.

Well, at least here, "death" is considered something other than a verb.

I addressed that passage already.

Yes, but whatever the focus of the passage - death is still considered an entity of some form or another.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  812
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  06/15/1961

Mrs. Wigglesworth, she was a godly, born-again woman, who would not have had a demon of any kind.
I don't think they are saying she had a demon. Death had taken her and he prayed and commanded it to let her go.

Mrs. Wigglesworth, she was a godly, born-again woman, who would not have had a demon of any kind.
I don't think they are saying she had a demon. Death had taken her and he prayed and commanded it to let her go.

Yes, but you see the basic problem with this is that it is God who has the power over life and death, not death itself. No one has the power to command death to release any one unless God wills it. To say that he (Wigglesworth) commanded death to let her go is simply not right. Even Jesus, when He raised Lazarus, when He raised the son of the widow of Nain, when He raised the daughter of Jairus, did not rebuke any 'spirit of death'. Furthermore, (at the risk of being redundant) "death as the final enemy to be overcome" speaks of our hope in the resurrection, where our physical bodies will be finally and permanently raised in glory and reunited with our spirits to dwell eternally with the Lord Jesus.

And this is all I will say about it. :)

Well, I think this is "making a mountain out of a molehill."

If someone "commands the spirit of death" out of someone, and the person comes back to life - who am I to say, "That's unBiblical; you can't do that!" ??

It's not like I've ever commanded or prayed anyone back to life! Have you? So, how would you know what you can and cannot do? You know?

And again, whatever you interpret the passage to mean, death is still called an enemy as if it were an entity. So :)

And how do you know the Grim Reaper isn't real? :)

(Just kidding)