IGNORED

Ash Wednesday Mark ? A Seal of the Cross, Or a Mark you Shouldn't Take ? ? ?

believeinHim

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.92
  • Days Won:  1

31 minutes ago, farouk said:

Whether or not one is involved with the trappings of Christmas observance, the great doctrine of the Incarnation (John 1.14; Colossians 2.9, etc) is truly fundamental.

That's true, but Christmas is a celebration of Jesus birthday, something that didn't come into being as a Christian celebration until around the early fourth century A.D. and is not mentioned in the Bible as a Holy Day festival.  It was very likely introduced as a Holy Day and festival as a Christian alternative to the Pagan (People Against Goodness and Niceness) festivals at that took place at that time of the year.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  201
  • Topics Per Day:  0.37
  • Content Count:  3,427
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

3 hours ago, Anne2 said:

I also would disagree with you

2.Church Leadership, authority, is an essential for those called to it.

Some are called to that, some are not.

Good - We have some clarity and even some agreement!

Regarding church leadership, I absolutely see where there are members in the body placed there in a leading/shepherding function.  What I object to is the more formal clergy system that often gets taken to the extreme, and then much of what tends to go with it in covertly suppressing other member's functioning.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,853
  • Content Per Day:  2.42

11 hours ago, farouk said:

Whether or not one is involved with the trappings of Christmas observance, the great doctrine of the Incarnation (John 1.14; Colossians 2.9, etc) is truly fundamental.

You said the great doctrine of the incarnation...sorry to say that this is a term not found in the bible and it is not correct. 

Read Luke...and the prophets. ESAIAS. 

(And why you are using a term and words not found in the bible which  the disciples did not used and you are giving reference to their writings in such a way as if they are in agreement with using that term. And you do not provide their definition? What is the reason that you do not provide their definition with your own words as to be able to stand in the day of testing.  And please clarity is not established by the power of will of many...niether justice is!

God bless 

Edited by Your closest friendnt

• Followers:  18
  • Content Count:  7,853
  • Content Per Day:  2.42

4 hours ago, FJK said:

That's true, but Christmas is a celebration of Jesus birthday, something that didn't come into being as a Christian celebration until around the early fourth century A.D. and is not mentioned in the Bible as a Holy Day festival.  It was very likely introduced as a Holy Day and festival as a Christian alternative to the Pagan (People Against Goodness and Niceness) festivals at that took place at that time of the year.

Excellent post ...thank you for not trying to make a world without Christmas Celebrations...

The world must hear about the miraculous birth of Jesus Christ...

Who are those who benefit from not declaring the miraculous birth of Jesus Christ that Joseph was only his adopted Father...a man on earth without a human Father. The world must hear about that...what a wonderful way even the children take part in the Christmas celebration...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  1,499
  • Content Per Day:  1.49
  • Days Won:  0

On 7/17/2023 at 10:45 AM, Vine Abider said:

Good - We have some clarity and even some agreement!

Regarding church leadership, I absolutely see where there are members in the body placed there in a leading/shepherding function.  What I object to is the more formal clergy system that often gets taken to the extreme, and then much of what tends to go with it in covertly suppressing other member's functioning.

Yeah it got taken to extremes. Men tend to do that sort of thing no matter what form it takes. Look at all the false words of knowledge, or prophetic utterances etc. We are imperfect as the Church, and we have the false among us. We will until he comes I believe. But, those positions do exist in the Church. Foreshadowed in the law.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,398
  • Content Per Day:  12.16
  • Days Won:  31

On 7/18/2023 at 3:39 PM, Anne2 said:

Yeah it got taken to extremes. Men tend to do that sort of thing no matter what form it takes. Look at all the false words of knowledge, or prophetic utterances etc. We are imperfect as the Church, and we have the false among us. We will until he comes I believe. But, those positions do exist in the Church. Foreshadowed in the law.

@Anne2 Paul's charge in Acts 20 to those who would be feeding the flock at Ephesus is very significant, revolving around exercise in the Scriptures for the edification of others.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  2,078
  • Content Per Day:  1.11

On 7/15/2023 at 8:43 PM, believeinHim said:

Can anyone explain the Ash Wednesday Mark to me ? ? ? Is it a seal of the cross, Or is it a mark you shouldn't take ? Does it come from Rome ? Is it Roman Catholic ? :emot-questioned:

I would note the shape of the cross. It is an equal sided cross which is the cross of Baal, the same cross as seen on many of the vestments.

Priest being celibate comes from the priests of Cybele who is Semiramis the wife and mother of Nimrod. Her priests were celibate.

Lent is actually 40 days of mourning the death of Tammuz, the false savior, who is Horus among many, many other names. It is the eye of Horus that is on the back of the dollar bill as the world waits for their (false) savior.

Ezekiel 8

13 He said also unto me, Turn thee yet again, and thou shalt see greater abominations that they do.

14 Then he brought me to the door of the gate of the Lord's house which was toward the north; and, behold, there sat women weeping for Tammuz.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Topic Count:  431
  • Topics Per Day:  0.28
  • Content Count:  3,209
  • Content Per Day:  2.08

2 hours ago, The Light said:

I would note the shape of the cross. It is an equal sided cross which is the cross of Baal, the same cross as seen on many of the vestments.

Priest being celibate comes from the priests of Cybele who is Semiramis the wife and mother of Nimrod. Her priests were celibate.

Lent is actually 40 days of mourning the death of Tammuz, the false savior, who is Horus among many, many other names. It is the eye of Horus that is on the back of the dollar bill as the world waits for their (false) savior.

Ezekiel 8

13 He said also unto me, Turn thee yet again, and thou shalt see greater abominations that they do.

14 Then he brought me to the door of the gate of the Lord's house which was toward the north; and, behold, there sat women weeping for Tammuz.

:43:Thank you for the insight 

Edited by believeinHim
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  316
  • Content Per Day:  1.13

On 7/15/2023 at 6:43 PM, believeinHim said:

Can anyone explain the Ash Wednesday Mark to me ? ? ? Is it a seal of the cross, Or is it a mark you shouldn't take ? Does it come from Rome ? Is it Roman Catholic ? :emot-questioned:

It’s Medieval tradition to mark the beginning of Lent. It may have been inspired by the practice of prophets, “So I turned to the Lord God and pleaded with him in prayer and petition, in fasting, and in sackcloth and ashes.” (Daniel 9:3)

Lent is a long fast till Easter, and the use of ashes makes me think The Church was inspired by this verse in Daniel. 

Edited by Solus Christus

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  1,499
  • Content Per Day:  1.49

5 hours ago, Solus Christus said:

It’s Medieval tradition to mark the beginning of Lent. It may have been inspired by the practice of prophets, “So I turned to the Lord God and pleaded with him in prayer and petition, in fasting, and in sackcloth and ashes.” (Daniel 9:3)

Lent is a long fast till Easter, and the use of ashes makes me think The Church was inspired by this verse in Daniel. 

I think it might be connected to the fast of the firstborn. From what I read, the early Church had some fasting one, two or three days only. 

• Brilliant! 1