• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,119
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Shilohsfoal said:

Here is Jesus commanding the saints not to leave Israel.

commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not:

But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand.

There are some on this board who deny this commandment and say these saints are instructed to flee out of Israel.

If some scripture seems obscure, the idea is to find the reason for it - not pit one scripture against another. That is why I gave the explanation I did. It is your duty to uphold scripture too by explaining an apparent difficulty. In one scripture the Lord commands His disciples NOT to go to the Gentiles. In another He commands that they testify of Him "to the uttermost parts of the earth". We must not argue the one above the other.

The reason that I see is this. Israel are God's chosen people. To them is given the Covenants, the Word of God and the Promises. They are His choice. But when He comes, the Messiah does not fit the concept of Israel. Both John Baptist and our Lord say; "Repent". The Nation says "We be sons of Abraham, Fulfill the promises. We keep the Law and do no wrong"! They utterly reject Messiah and even accuse Him of being a servant of Beelzebub.

But God upholds His INTEGRITY. First chance should go to Israel. So Jesus sends His disciples ONLY to Israel. But He knows His People. They killed the prophets. Why would they change now? So He briefs His disciples.
1. When they threaten you - flee. And if that village refuses you, dust the dust off and go to the next. There are 70 of you.
2. You will not finish all the cities of Israel before the Lord comes back because God will judge this nation. 1st Chronicles 18 records that the cities of Israel stretch as far as the Euphrates and even occupying Damascus on the east. Jerusalem was first, then Judea but just as the Lord said, the Romans killed and scattered Israel by 73 AD.

With Israel destroyed the Lord turns to the Gentiles and invites every man to partake of the great salvation He wrought. But the call to Israelites is not withdrawn. God has a perfect design - a New Man made out of Israelites and Gentiles. This body of men and women must tell of the Christ, and in doing so they heap hate upon themselves. What must they do? Flee or RETALIATE? God want reconciliation, so he asks His disciples NOT to retaliate. That leaves, in the face of death, either to stay and be martyred, or flee like Paul so you live to preach again.

Paul say that to die is better for the saint, but to live is better for the Church. So if word comes that the unbelievers are approaching with the sword - the flee.

Now we turn to another scripture you alluded to. Fleeing from Jerusalem (Matthew 24). That we can handle in a separate posting - if you want to

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  745
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  3,923
  • Content Per Day:  6.64
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  02/18/1956

2 hours ago, Shilohsfoal said:

Here is Jesus commanding the saints not to leave Israel.

commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not:

But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand.

There are some on this board who deny this commandment and say these saints are instructed to flee out of Israel.

You are quoting the command for evangelism. The disciples received two distinct sets of instructions. First was when the Lord sent them out before Him to proclaim the Kingdom to the lost sheep of Israel only, the second, to prepare them for after His departure.

Luke 22:

35 And He said to them, “When I sent you without money bag, knapsack, and sandals, did you lack anything?” So they said, “Nothing.”

36 Then He said to them, “But now, he who has a money bag, let him take it, and likewise a knapsack; and he who has no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one. 

37 For I say to you that this which is written must still be accomplished in Me: ‘And He was numbered with the transgressors.’ For the things concerning Me have an end.

On 8/6/2023 at 8:56 AM, Shilohsfoal said:

It has been said on this board that the saints flee and run away in fear of what may happen to them.Some people even insist that Jesus tells his followers to flee.

Those who keep the commandments of God and have the testimony of Jesus Christ know better.

Revelation 2:10

Do not be afraid of what you are about to suffer. I tell you, the devil will put some of you in prison to test you, and you will suffer persecution for ten days. Be faithful, even to the point of death, and I will give you life as your victor’s crown.

The saints at Smyrna are being addressed here. What does that have to do with fleeing Israel?

On 8/6/2023 at 9:02 AM, Shilohsfoal said:

Where would they go after Christ tells them to stay in Israel till he comes?

These instructions are for those He sent out before Him to proclaim the kingdom. There is no eschatology found in this passage you are quoting. Before His ascension, the Lord gave final instructions:

Acts 1:8 But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.

They did not leave Israel until they were forced to by persecution.

Acts 11:

19 Now those who were scattered after the persecution that arose over Stephen traveled as far as Phoenicia, Cyprus, and Antioch, preaching the word to no one but the Jews only. 

20 But some of them were men from Cyprus and Cyrene, who, when they had come to Antioch, spoke to the Hellenists, preaching the Lord Jesus. 

21 And the hand of the Lord was with them, and a great number believed and turned to the Lord.

• Interesting! 1

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  5,881
  • Content Per Day:  2.43
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Montana Marv said:

Yes all this until Pentecost.

In Christ

Montana Marv

You believe the end came at pentacost?

What was it the end of?

1 hour ago, AdHoc said:

If some scripture seems obscure, the idea is to find the reason for it - not pit one scripture against another. That is why I gave the explanation I did. It is your duty to uphold scripture too by explaining an apparent difficulty. In one scripture the Lord commands His disciples NOT to go to the Gentiles. In another He commands that they testify of Him "to the uttermost parts of the earth". We must not argue the one above the other.

The reason that I see is this. Israel are God's chosen people. To them is given the Covenants, the Word of God and the Promises. They are His choice. But when He comes, the Messiah does not fit the concept of Israel. Both John Baptist and our Lord say; "Repent". The Nation says "We be sons of Abraham, Fulfill the promises. We keep the Law and do no wrong"! They utterly reject Messiah and even accuse Him of being a servant of Beelzebub.

But God upholds His INTEGRITY. First chance should go to Israel. So Jesus sends His disciples ONLY to Israel. But He knows His People. They killed the prophets. Why would they change now? So He briefs His disciples.
1. When they threaten you - flee. And if that village refuses you, dust the dust off and go to the next. There are 70 of you.
2. You will not finish all the cities of Israel before the Lord comes back because God will judge this nation. 1st Chronicles 18 records that the cities of Israel stretch as far as the Euphrates and even occupying Damascus on the east. Jerusalem was first, then Judea but just as the Lord said, the Romans killed and scattered Israel by 73 AD.

With Israel destroyed the Lord turns to the Gentiles and invites every man to partake of the great salvation He wrought. But the call to Israelites is not withdrawn. God has a perfect design - a New Man made out of Israelites and Gentiles. This body of men and women must tell of the Christ, and in doing so they heap hate upon themselves. What must they do? Flee or RETALIATE? God want reconciliation, so he asks His disciples NOT to retaliate. That leaves, in the face of death, either to stay and be martyred, or flee like Paul so you live to preach again.

Paul say that to die is better for the saint, but to live is better for the Church. So if word comes that the unbelievers are approaching with the sword - the flee.

Now we turn to another scripture you alluded to. Fleeing from Jerusalem (Matthew 24). That we can handle in a separate posting - if you want to

The Main thing in Mathew 10 that I see people fail to understand is who Jesus is speaking to.Some people as yourself believe the end came in 70 ad.But most people would agree the end has not arrived yet.So the question artists is who exactly is Jesus telling to go throughout Israel till he comes.Is he telling disciples that lived thousands of years before the kingdom of heaven comes to proclaim it is near or is he telling disciples near the time the kingdom of heaven comes to proclaim it is near.

I understand Jesus is speaking to his disciples that live in the land of Israel during the time of the beast and false prophet.At the time of the end as he says in this text.

Mathew 10

22 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.

23 But when they persecute you in this city, flee ye into another: for verily I say unto you, Ye shall not have gone over the cities of Israel, till the Son of man be come.

Thats why I asked you what year did the end come.

Soon Benjamin netanyahu will pass legislation which everyone in Israel will receive a mark as he said he will.

Who will go throughout the cities Israel warning the citizens of Israel that the kingdom of heaven is at hand ?Who are Israel's watchmen who will warn the people of the coming destruction?

Edited by Shilohsfoal

47 minutes ago, Mr. M said:

You are quoting the command for evangelism. The disciples received two distinct sets of instructions. First was when the Lord sent them out before Him to proclaim the Kingdom to the lost sheep of Israel only, the second, to prepare them for after His departure.

Luke 22:

35 And He said to them, “When I sent you without money bag, knapsack, and sandals, did you lack anything?” So they said, “Nothing.”

36 Then He said to them, “But now, he who has a money bag, let him take it, and likewise a knapsack; and he who has no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one. 

37 For I say to you that this which is written must still be accomplished in Me: ‘And He was numbered with the transgressors.’ For the things concerning Me have an end.

Those who preach during the final 3.5 years in Israel that the kingdom of heaven is at hand will have no need to carry money because they will not be able to buy anything without the mark of the beast.

Gof will have to provide for them and they must trust that God will.The workman is worthy of his meat.

43 minutes ago, Mr. M said:

The saints at Smyrna are being addressed here. What does that have to do with fleeing Israel?

These instructions are for those He sent out before Him to proclaim the kingdom. There is no eschatology found in this passage you are quoting. Before His ascension, the Lord gave final instructions:

Acts 1:8 But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.

They did not leave Israel until they were forced to by persecution.

Acts 11:

19 Now those who were scattered after the persecution that arose over Stephen traveled as far as Phoenicia, Cyprus, and Antioch, preaching the word to no one but the Jews only. 

20 But some of them were men from Cyprus and Cyrene, who, when they had come to Antioch, spoke to the Hellenists, preaching the Lord Jesus. 

21 And the hand of the Lord was with them, and a great number believed and turned to the Lord.

It's not for the church in Smyrna .It is for those who have an ear,let them hear what the spirit says to the churches.

Don't just assume the book of revelation is for people who lived 2000 years ago .

Edited by Shilohsfoal

4 minutes ago, Shilohsfoal said:

It's not for the church in Smyrna .It is for those who have an ear,let them hear what the spirit says to the churches.

Don't just assume the book of revelation is for people who lived 2000 years ago .

I made no such assumption.

You quoted this verse to support saints not fleeing Israel,

when saints in Israel are not being addressed.

10 minutes ago, Shilohsfoal said:

Those who preach during the final 3.5 years in Israel that the kingdom of heaven is at hand will have no need to carry money because they will not be able to buy anything without the mark of the beast.

Gof will have to provide for them and they must trust that God will.The workman is worthy of his meat.

Then can you explain the instructions,

and how you are applying this to end times?

1 hour ago, Mr. M said:

1 hour ago, Mr. M said:

I made no such assumption.

You quoted this verse to support saints not fleeing Israel,

when saints in Israel are not being addressed.

You say they are not being addressed when In fact they are.

Let them who h have an ear hear what the spirit says to the churches.