• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.70
  • Days Won:  1

18 hours ago, Stan Murff said:

All we have to do is ask for forgiveness right?

Others are saying all future sins are already forgiven so maybe we don't even have to ask for forgiveness right?

Rather than what people say, or what you interpret people a saying, what does the Bible, the Word of God, say?

Almost everyone will be surprised by the answer if they genuinely seek it out.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  203
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  3,476
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

4 hours ago, jesusandliberty said:

If you are looking for a biblical justification for drunkenness you won't find one. Forgiveness also requires repentance. Gods grace isn't a license to choose sin and go on sinning. Hebrews Ch. 10. 

That's right - sin has consequences and is not profitable to a believer. But praise God for the all-efficacious blood of Christ.  We can agree (confess) with Him that it's a sin and come boldly to the throne of grace to find help, all because of His shed blood! (Heb 4:16)

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  17
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

On 8/6/2023 at 12:52 PM, Stan Murff said:

I go to a non denomination church that has teachings similar to some of the popular tv preachers out there such as Joel Osteen.

The question I have is why is it wrong for Christians to drink alcohol at home and get what some would classify as getting drunk?  I've done this on weekends after working hard all week for years.  Someone recently told me this was a sin?

Most of the preachers I have heard say that our future sins are already forgiven and once we get saved we have eternal life and nobody and take us away from the Lord.

What's the deal with this anyway?  I'm not hurting anybody and I don't drive while drinking or operate heavy machinery or anything dangerous to hurt me or my wife or kids.  I don't get falling down drunk, just buzzed real good.  I know others in my church that say they do the same and have no problem with it.

Should I be worried about this?  Or is it true that all future sins are already forgiven and it's no big deal?

Jesus and his followers had wine.....

• Group:  Seventh Day Adventist
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  179
  • Content Per Day:  0.58

On 8/8/2023 at 6:34 AM, Justin Adams said:

No. He arose on Sabbath eve ( From 3pm Nisan 14 to eve of Nisan 17). He is LORD of the Sabbath.

The Resurrection Was Not on Sunday.docxUnavailable

The other is RCC hogwash. Hogwash seems durable, but not true. Somewhat like all the dispensational nonsense.

Take people's crutches and they invent another...:(

Here's an excerpt from an excellent resource detailing how the Jews used "Inclusive Reckoning" to calculate time, and shows why Jesus couldn't have been crucified on Wednesday:

https://www.amazingfacts.org/media-library/book/e/81/t/three-days-and-three-nights

"Today there is a vocal minority of Christians who have made a tremendous issue out of the phrase "three days and three nights.” They insist that Jesus used the expression because He was to be in the grave exactly seventy-two hours, not a second more or second less. This conviction has led them to conclude that Christ was crucified on Wednesday afternoon and was resurrected at the same hour late Sabbath afternoon. In this way they account for the full seventy-two hours which they believe Christ spent in the tomb.

Does this interpretation harmonize with the full Bible record on the subject? Does it fit with the many other inspired accounts of the time element involved? Is there other information given in the Word of God which will make it clear exactly how the three days and three nights are to be understood?

Fortunately, we have an abundance of Bible evidence to answer these questions. In fact, on seventeen separate occasions Jesus or His friends spoke of the timetable involving His death and resurrection. Ten times it was specified that the resurrection would take place on the "third day.” On five occasions they said, "in” or "within three days.” Twice they used the term, "after three days,” and one time only Jesus spoke of His death as "three days and three nights."

Edited by phoneman-777
  • Oy Vey! 1

• Group:  Seventh Day Adventist
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  179
  • Content Per Day:  0.58

On 8/7/2023 at 11:16 PM, The_Patriot21 said:

Interesting. A bit out of context, kinda like the Greek word. There's actually two words for wine in Greek, one for non alcoholic one for alcoholic. 

The one used at the marriage feast, and the one Paul used were indeed alcoholic. Last supper, that's up for debate.

Proverbs...yeah it's a bit out of context if you ask me. But, In any case it's not worth dividing over. If you don't want to drink it, that's fine. I'm perfectly ok with that, nowhere in scripture does it say you have to. In fact, its the safer route as scripture does warn against it's misuse. 

Me personally...I enjoy an occasional shot of whiskey and dew. I find it relaxing.

So, I looked it all up and, contrary to what you said, there is only ONE Greek word for "wine" in the Bible: "oinos".

That word can refer to EITHER grape juice or booze so we must allow the rest of Scripture to dictate whether it's permissible to consume alcohol.

It forbids not only drinking booze, but looking at booze, and gives numerous reasons why.

The real question is: why would a Christian want to recreationally use any substance that alters the mind and allows the demonic spirit world an advantage over us, when it's difficult enough to remain faithful to God sober? There is no adequate answer except this: "Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law".

Edited by phoneman-777
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  478
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,565
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  9

On 8/6/2023 at 1:12 PM, Stan Murff said:

I could, but if all my sins were already forgiven why does then even matter?

Like I said earlier, I'm not hurting anybody or cause problems for others.

I've always been careful to stay at home and take it easy on the weekends which is when I like to drink

It matters your body is the temple of God. God lives in you and when you drink and get high you are putting God in a bad place. Your not fellowshipping with God when you get a buzz. The scripture says be filled with the Holy Spirit. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,027
  • Content Per Day:  4.54

17 hours ago, jesusandliberty said:

If you are looking for a biblical justification for drunkenness you won't find one. Forgiveness also requires repentance. Gods grace isn't a license to choose sin and go on sinning. Hebrews Ch. 10. 

Apparently you disagree with most Christians including what looks like most on this forum who believe it's not possible to lose salvation

To me, it's not about justifying anything, everyone is telling me that once you are saved you absolutely cannot lose your salvation and this seems to be what the majority of preachers teach as well.

So, if one drinks too much it does not cause them to lose their salvation.  Apparently one could do anything they want and not lose their salvation.

This appears to be orthodox christianity

12 hours ago, Vine Abider said:

That's right - sin has consequences and is not profitable to a believer. But praise God for the all-efficacious blood of Christ.  We can agree (confess) with Him that it's a sin and come boldly to the throne of grace to find help, all because of His shed blood! (Heb 4:16)

Looks like drinking too much is no problem at all

The consequences you speak of does not include losing one's salvation so if one sins or not it doesn't matter based on what you are saying.

In other words, there's really no  consequences other than people worrying about their rewards which seems selfish anyhow to worry about what's in it for them

6 hours ago, Meditation said:

Jesus and his followers had wine.....

That's what they say.

Who's to say how much is too much?

1 hour ago, Wayne222 said:

It matters your body is the temple of God. God lives in you and when you drink and get high you are putting God in a bad place. Your not fellowshipping with God when you get a buzz. The scripture says be filled with the Holy Spirit. 

None the less, one does not lose their salvation according to the majority of believers say and believe

• Thumbs Up 1