IGNORED

Many false teachers, false prophets, and deceivers were prophesied to come.

Stewardofthemystery

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,027
  • Content Per Day:  4.54
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, enoob57 said:

I know of only one who promotes sin through rebellion....

But they say we are born sinners and we can't help but sin every day.

I think that's what people that are followers of John Calvin teach.  I was reading about that just the other day.

If we were born sinners and we can't help but to sin then it's not rebellion if we can't help it.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.70
  • Days Won:  1

14 minutes ago, Stan Murff said:

This is the general consensus even by most people on this talk forum.

One thing I've learned about "general consensus" is that it's usually wrong.

The word of God is not subject to any general consensus you may want to believe, it stands in and of itself.

But believe what you wish, after all, the only thing at stake is the eternal fate of your soul.

14 minutes ago, Stan Murff said:

The word of God is not subject to any general consensus you may want to believe, it stands in and of itself.

But believe what you wish, after all, the only thing at stake is the eternal fate of your soul.

20 minutes ago, Stan Murff said:

It's not a matter of justifying sin, it's the matter that Jesus already paid for our sin and if someone lives doing sinful stuff it doesn't matter, they still go to heaven.

Believe the word of God or believe the general consensus, there is a wide gate which is the easy one and a narrow gate which only a few enter.

It's your choice, leave it up to general consensus or leave it up to obedience in the Word of God, the choice is yours and yours alone.

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Topics Per Day:  0.33
  • Content Count:  969
  • Content Per Day:  2.83
  • Days Won:  2

54 minutes ago, FJK said:

Yes, Many are called, but “few” are chosen.

That which is highly esteemed among “the majority of men”is often an abomination to God.

And he said unto them, Ye are they which “justify yourselves”before men; but God knoweth your hearts: for that which is highly esteemed among men is abomination in the sight of God.
Edited by Stewardofthemystery

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  290
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

This false prophet mentioned in Revelations is not a single person, but more like an organization

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,314
  • Content Per Day:  7.99
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

2 hours ago, Stan Murff said:

I think that's what people that are followers of John Calvin teach.  I was reading about that just the other day.

If we were born sinners and we can't help but to sin then it's not rebellion if we can't help it.

Colossians 2:8 (KJV)

[8] Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

[9] For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

[10] And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,301
  • Content Per Day:  3.61

3 hours ago, Stan Murff said:

Hence the Holy Spirit and the 'crucifying' of the flesh' everyday and its desires to be a servant of sin.  

Without the 'indwelling' it was REALLY hard to keep oneself from the ways of this world.  Even having their own NATION.

The LAW in that way, didn't work.  SO GOD CAME and provided a WAY in which we CAN CONQUER.  A HEAVY price was paid for this opportunity...and for those who come to faith, everyday it gets easier to follow the ways of righteouness.  And one day the THOUGHT of 'stealing' or whatever the personal desires one has just go away...and we find ourselves to be a mature Christian, holy and seeking to 'walk' as close to the ways of the Lord as we can.   No matter what some 'man' teaches...

Edited by DeighAnn
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,027
  • Content Per Day:  4.54

OK so now some of you are saying we can lose salvation and go to hell after having been saved?

Ore is this the part we some say we lose rewards but still get to go to heaven?

I'm all good with no rewards as long as I don't have to go to hell.

If anybody thinks we can actually lose salvation, I'd like to see the bible verses that actually say that.

Because that's not what I'm hearing all these preachers saying and it's not what most here are saying either.

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,301
  • Content Per Day:  3.61

56 minutes ago, Stan Murff said:

If anybody thinks we can actually lose salvation, I'd like to see the bible verses that actually say that.

Because that's not what I'm hearing all these preachers saying and it's not what most here are saying either.

Of course we can 'lose salvation'.  BUT NOT BECAUSE THE LORD DOESN'T REMAIN FAITHFUL.  Losing 'salvation' is because the ways of the world become MORE IMPORTANT than remaining in the ways of the Lord.  

Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the words of God.  
3And he spake many things unto them in parables, saying, Behold, a sower went forth to sow;

4And when he sowed, some seeds fell by the way side, and the fowls came and devoured them up:

5Some fell upon stony places, where they had not much earth: and forthwith they sprung up, because they had no deepness of earth:

6And when the sun was up, they were scorched; and because they had no root, they withered away.

7And some fell among thorns; and the thorns sprung up, and choked them:

8But other fell into good ground, and brought forth fruit, some an hundredfold, some sixtyfold, some thirtyfold.

"If thou doest well, shalt thou not be accepted? and if thou doest not well, sin lieth at the door. And unto thee shall be his desire, and thou shalt rule over him." Genesis 4:7 KJV

"Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men." Matthew 5:13 KJV

"And if thy right hand offend thee, cut it off, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell." Matthew 5:30 KJV

"And thou, Capernaum, which art exalted unto heaven, shalt be brought down to hell: for if the mighty works, which have been done in thee, had been done in Sodom, it would have remained until this day." Matthew 11:23 KJV

"Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me." Matthew 16:24 KJV

"For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect." Matthew 24:24 KJV

"Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap." Galatians 6:7 KJV

Edited by DeighAnn
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1