• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,083
  • Content Per Day:  9.76
  • Days Won:  149

5 minutes ago, Scott Free said:

If Adam is a type of Christ and Jesus created through Him new glorified beings from a preexisting inferior race? Why should the "mud" from which Adam was created not be a preexisting human species? Similar to how in God's view the nations are called "dust" then from this God created Israel by bringing forth one special man. Would it be in reason this pattern was present in Adam also? 

Did God create any animal using the remnants of another? We have no proof for kind to another kind evolution.

If God first made the animals as themselves, why would He use apes to make us?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,276
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  0

1 minute ago, Starise said:

Did God create any animal using the remnants of another? We have no proof for kind to another kind evolution.

"Now our knowledge is partial and incomplete, and even the gift of prophecy reveals only part of the whole picture!" I Corinthians 13:9

4 minutes ago, Starise said:

The less we understand the more we think we know. Surely, to dismiss scientist with Phd's completely who's job it is to verify these thing and call them fools because we think we correctly observe the meaning a prophecy in Scripture while only reading biased third-party materiel is a recipe for ridicule. 

5 hours ago, Scott Free said:

The less we understand the more we think we know. Surely, to dismiss scientist with Phd's completely who's job it is to verify these thing and call them fools because we think we correctly observe the meaning a prophecy in Scripture while only reading biased third-party materiel is a recipe for ridicule. 

In passing that judgement on me you claim moral superiority, which is the very thing you accuse me of.:)

I called no one a fool. I value everyone here.

3 hours ago, Starise said:

In passing that judgement on me you claim moral superiority, which is the very thing you accuse me of.:)

I called no one a fool. I value everyone here.

Yes, that was harsh. I will stop it. Just wanted that lesson to stick by attaching emotions to it.

Edited by Scott Free

8 hours ago, The Barbarian said:

Today's winner.  Not everyone who disagrees is narcissistic, of course, but disagreement often brings out the worst in us.   "The purpose of the Bible is to manifest the Love from Jesus in us."  I wish I had said that.

I admire your research and you are a good debater.

I have autism and socially maladjusted. I realize I was barking up the wrong tree. Sorry, that was tough love that was really meant for other ears. I forgot who I was talking to.

8 hours ago, Scott Free said:

Yes, that was harsh. I will stop it. Just wanted that lesson to stick by attaching emotions to it.

I appreciate your input Scott.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5,051
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

10 hours ago, Scott Free said:

I admire your research and you are a good debater.

I have autism and socially maladjusted. I realize I was barking up the wrong tree. Sorry, that was tough love that was really meant for other ears. I forgot who I was talking to.

Sometimes, being "socially maladjusted" allows one to say truths no one else is willing to say.   I value bluntness.

Edit: and yes, I can do better.

Edited by The Barbarian

On 9/7/2023 at 6:16 AM, Starise said:

I appreciate your input Scott.

One last note. The reason natural science and the Bible seem to differ is that the Bible is not an encyclopedia of modern knowledge. Many scriptures on these matters are catering to a Bronze Age audience or allegorical in nature and difficult to analyze leading to mostly personal interpretations.

Examples:

“The pillars of the earth are the Lord’s, and on them He has set the world” - 1 Samuel 2:8 A modern view would be something like the core and mantle of the Earth is the Lord's. and around it he has placed the biosphere. The Bible's words are beautiful and preferred, nurturing both mind and heart with epic poetic imagery.

"Praise Him, highest heavens, And the waters that are above the heavens!" - Psalm 148:4. Today, we call it space, a concept unattainable to people of the Bronze Age. Many early writers thought that there was a dome of water above them, based on their literal interpretations of several passages in the Bible. This shows the level of misunderstanding we can achieve.

"The sun also ariseth, and the sun goeth down, and hasteth to his place where he arose." - Ecclesiastes 1:5. the Sun does not revolve around the Earth, failure to promotion our current knowledge. Scriptures are not going to cater to our modern understanding of science, except through End Time prophecy.

The Genesis interpretation that makes the most sense. Off topic but illustrates how simple the language of Genesis has to be for ancient humanity to grasp the concept.

In the start of the creation story God is viewing the Earth as a potential contained within the formless mass at hand, only the mind of God can penetrate to this image. (The waters is reference to area beyond sky, Psalm 148:4)

Seven days of creation. Formation of the Solar System(time is relative to observer):

0) Nebula

1) Sun and planet formation(Earths mass forms umbra)

2) Atmospheric stratification(Moon formation caused Earth to temporarily have a thick expansive envelope exhibiting features of a gas planet)

3) Water world forming volcanic plates(algae/flora created, plate tectonics begin).

4) The clearing of the atmosphere(second light - carbon capture by algae and tectonics)

5) Aquatic life and dinosaurs are created

6) Mammals are created

7) The earth is finished and ready for Mankind

Edited by Scott Free
  • Interesting! 1

4 hours ago, The Barbarian said:

Sometimes, being "socially maladjusted" allows one to say truths no one else is willing to say.   I value bluntness.

Edit: and yes, I can do better.

Thank you, I need to learn to be more tactful and read the thread carefully before jumping in.