• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,029
  • Content Per Day:  1.32
  • Days Won:  3

12 minutes ago, Scott Free said:

Wisdom is recognizing the limits of ones own knowledge. It is not about how much is known, but about perceiving the extent of what is not known.

I see the internet discussions on evolution as the equivalent of a vast number of people swimming in a pool of "dunning kruger". And the people who are at the cutting edge of research tend to stay out of the pool.

• Haha 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,276
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  0

36 minutes ago, Starise said:

agree, but letting this go might confuse well meaning people. God is not the author of confusion which is why I am certain God said what He said.

Well, modern science let the cat out of the bag. It is time to man up and admit to not having all the answers to everything. The Torah is like infants milk to today's post-Gospel spiritual standards. It would be humble to suggest the stories were the word of God before the Torah, to foster the faith and glory of God to the fledgling Israelite's weaning off the creation narratives invented in Babel.

Edited by Scott Free

12 minutes ago, Still Alive said:

I see the internet discussions on evolution as the equivalent of a vast number of people swimming in a pool of "dunning kruger". And the people who are at the cutting edge of research tend to stay out of the pool.

Indeed, the sword cuts both ways.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  6,159
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  8

12 hours ago, Scott Free said:

The six days of creation are not vague at all as long as you don't study astrophysics, genetics, geology, paleontology, archeology or anthropology. Having faith in something is good. I choose to promote faith in the Gospel than demand allegiance to ancient erudition as a condition for salvation.

Evolution is literally the opposite of Creation in every respect. 

(Bible) fruit and trees before fish - (Evolution) fish before fruit and trees
(Bible) Oceans before land - (Evolution) Land before oceans
(Bible) light before sun - (Evolution) sun before light
(Bible) land plants first - (Evolution) marine life first
(Bible) man brought death into the world - (Evolution) death brought man into the world

Who is bright enough to convince man that man is brighter than God and can explain away God? 

Oh, yeah, that Satan guy ... :emot-nod:

• Thumbs Up 3

1 minute ago, Sparks said:

Evolution is literally the opposite of Creation in every respect. 

(Bible) fruit and trees before fish - (Evolution) fish before fruit and trees
(Bible) Oceans before land - (Evolution) Land before oceans
(Bible) light before sun - (Evolution) sun before light
(Bible) land plants first - (Evolution) marine life first
(Bible) Adam brings death by sin - (Evolution) Death brings in Adam

Who is bright enough to convince man that man brighter than God and can explain away God? 

I study the current understanding of the sciences and can personally tell you that the view you offered of their beliefs is a gross distortion, detached from their speculations and verified research. Where did you learn that information?

1 minute ago, Scott Free said:

I study the current understanding of the sciences and can personally tell you that the view you offered of their beliefs is a gross distortion, detached from their speculations and verified research. Where did you learn that information?

"Their beliefs" ... who?  Evolutionists?

"Science" has no understanding of how we began.  No evidence, either.

Evolution theory attempts to explain the formation of the universe, the Earth and life but it fails, because it cannot explain the genesis of matter, energy or life.  -- Joseph Farah

Just now, Sparks said:

"Their beliefs" ... who?  Evolutionists?

The issue is way more complicated than the hated Evolutionist. They are the least of the problems. Why fixate on them? How about the astronomer, astrophysicist, paleontologist and geologist. The majority of them believe in a divine being. I guess everyone could really be that bigoted and stupid, if you say so.

1 minute ago, Scott Free said:

The issue is way more complicated than the hated Evolutionist. They are the least of the problems. Why fixate on them? How about the astronomer, astrophysicist, paleontologist and geologist. The majority of them believe in a divine being. I guess everyone could really be that bigoted and stupid, if you say so.

I see no evidence that they 'believe' in evolution, and I see no reason to believe in evolution based on the lack of evidence.  Even Darwin was bright enough to wait on the evidence which didn't appear in his time, nor now. 

I see you are a little light on the evidence and only talk in platitudes, yourself.  Evolution theory (and it is still a theory) is just a faith based belief.

When you see something like DNA Barcoding which confirms that we and about every other living thing showed up at the same time, and there was no time for evolution, what do you say to that?  Or do you just claim out of habit that the finding is wrong?  

Just now, Sparks said:

I see no evidence that they 'believe' in evolution, and I see no reason to believe in evolution based on the lack of evidence.  Even Darwin was bright enough to wait on the evidence which didn't appear in his time, nor now.

I do not recall saying evolutionist have the complete picture with verified truth. Just would say they have uncovered something interesting about biology in general at best.

Just now, Scott Free said:

I do not recall saying evolutionist have the complete picture with verified truth. Just would say they have uncovered something interesting about biology in general at best.

They draw the wrong conclusions a lot, based on their bias.  They mistake microevolution for macroevolution.  They re-define things like macroevolution, to just be more microevolution to fit their beliefs.

It's a joke.