backontrack

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  139
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,213
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0

DIAN FEINSTIEN PASSES AWAY AT 90 AND VOTED ON A BILL JUST BEFORE SHE PASSED, IT IS SAD WHEN ANYONE PASSES.

I REALLY THINK IT'S TIME TO REALIZE IT IS TIME TO SET TERM LIMITS ON PEOPLE WHO HOLD GOVERNMENT OFFICE IN DC/

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.92
  • Days Won:  1

6 minutes ago, backontrack said:

DIAN FEINSTIEN PASSES AWAY AT 90 AND VOTED ON A BILL JUST BEFORE SHE PASSED, IT IS SAD WHEN ANYONE PASSES.

I REALLY THINK IT'S TIME TO REALIZE IT IS TIME TO SET TERM LIMITS ON PEOPLE WHO HOLD GOVERNMENT OFFICE IN DC/

I doubt term limits will ever happen, but I think there is a possibility that we could at least require competency tests that would help make voters aware of what they are voting for when they vote.

In the end, it's the people who are responsible, not the candidate they vote for.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  201
  • Topics Per Day:  0.37
  • Content Count:  3,427
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

17 minutes ago, FJK said:

I doubt term limits will ever happen, but I think there is a possibility that we could at least require competency tests that would help make voters aware of what they are voting for when they vote.

In the end, it's the people who are responsible, not the candidate they vote for.

Yeah, hard to see that pass with the entrenched bunch we've got.  And over the years I've seen different ones run on a self-imposed term limit, only to see them recant when their voluntary time was up.  Usually the explanation is something like, "I thought I could get the job done in just one term, but now I see the forces against me are so strong, it'll take at least a couple more terms to get the people's work done!"

Like the laws of physics, I see a couple political laws that are hard to overcome:  1) Any tax going down or going away; 2) Politicians voluntarily leaving office  (and somehow I suspect the two might be related :red-neck-laughing-smiley-emoticon:)

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,573
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Limiting the number of terms one may hold an office will not ensure  better representation. It may even impede that goal.  It seems to be doing just that whenever there are term limits. At it's simplest  it makes an office holder a lame duck, one whose good goals can be waited out by resisting them for a short period of time until the office holder is forced out by term limits.

What will help is for the federal USA and it's sovereign united States to get back to a more representative form of selection and less a democratic ( Small d) one. Democracy is the enemy to fight against hardest for it brings about tyranny of the majority over the minority.

If age is a problem and aged ones should not be allowed participation in politics should it be allowed in other matters? Should old people not be allowed participation on this message board, as a very simple example?

Is the greater wisdom held by the younger over the older? Is the novice apprentice the better craftsman over the experienced veteran in any trade or art?

In a world of nations with great capacities to destroy huge portions of it in a single errant decision is it wise to allow leadership to come from the novices among us with untested by experience ideas to let free that very destructive force that an experienced mind will be able to foresee being  a serious error in judgement?

I'll take aged experience over youthful whimsy, and be content in that experience prevailing as the greater wisdom.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.92
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Neighbor said:

I'll take aged experience over youthful whimsy, and be content in that experience prevailing as the greater wisdom.

FWIW, I haven't seen any wisdom practiced by either the young or the old in government during my lifetime, and I'm quite old.

However, I have seen both young and old make lots and lots of money for themselves and their associates at the expense of the people of the nation if that would pass for wisdom.

Seeing it every day in the news every time I read it, not just once in a while, as it becomes more and more the covertly predominate theme.

"Mr. Gorbachev tear this wall down." -President of the USA Ronald Reagan

"This aggression will not stand" - President of the USA George H. W. Bush

"Never let yourself be persuaded that any one Great Man, any one leader, is necessary to the salvation of America. When America consists of one leader and 158 million followers, it will no longer be America." - President of the USA Dwight D. Eisenhower

“Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough.”- President of the USA Franklin D. Roosevelt

Seems to me there are many of wisdom's upbringing that God has appointed and used to lead over times of hardship and serious challenge to the people of this land the USA. If at times we also suffer the leadership of lesser men and women that too is of God's will as He uses all things to do his will here and elsewhere just as He did  and is recorded over Israel  of OT accounts and truly all the world at all times.

If there is a time of despair blame God, He is in charge; and He in turn will hold up a mirror for each  complaining lamenter to see  who the enemy might really be. As the comic's character Pogo was used  to illustrate "We have found the enemy and it is us."

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  139
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,213
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0

5 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Limiting the number of terms one may hold an office will not ensure  better representation. It may even impede that goal.  It seems to be doing just that whenever there are term limits. At it's simplest  it makes an office holder a lame duck, one whose good goals can be waited out by resisting them for a short period of time until the office holder is forced out by term limits.

What will help is for the federal USA and it's sovereign united States to get back to a more representative form of selection and less a democratic ( Small d) one. Democracy is the enemy to fight against hardest for it brings about tyranny of the majority over the minority.

If age is a problem and aged ones should not be allowed participation in politics should it be allowed in other matters? Should old people not be allowed participation on this message board, as a very simple example?

Well so far the Leviton has taken over the USA, Feinstein passed at 90 sad but even she voted on bills in her state of mind and probably had no idea even what they were as they wheeled her around in a wheelchair. There has to be some kind of limits these people hold in elected office. They go in middle class come out multi millionaires. Some kind of change has to occur what that is, is term limits.   

20 hours ago, backontrack said:

Do not enemies  of the USA love the term limits imposed upon the USA's presidents? Do they not know they can outlast any good stance, any righteous edict and action of an American president, as they are not term limited themselves?

Term limits are not our friend, but instead greatly hinder our top leader's ability to enact all things that will protect and help prosper us.

4 hours ago, backontrack said:

Well so far the Leviton has taken over the USA, Feinstein passed at 90 sad but even she voted on bills in her state of mind and probably had no idea even what they were as they wheeled her around in a wheelchair. There has to be some kind of limits these people hold in elected office. They go in middle class come out multi millionaires. Some kind of change has to occur what that is, is term limits.   

That someone has to use a wheel chair does not hinder their ability to think (well unless they have actually been sitting on their brain  all their life).

I had an uncle live to age 93, totally feeble, hindered  by poor circulation,  popping nitroglycerin like it was M&M's. Yet he was still able to memorize  retain and recite whole chapters of the Bible and then share of it in an expository manner with us all. He did so to his very last day  in this flesh.

I do not equate physical attributes with ability to think, pray, read, retain and share, of that which is valuable. If physical prowess were to be the key to good judgement I would be led by professional athletes appointed based upon the trophies they acquire.