IGNORED

What are the legal consequences if the US declares an organisation a domestic terrorist organisation?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  43
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

I have a political question which is not related to the Christian faith. As I am a citizen of the EU, I do not know about the details of the legal consequences if the US government declares an organisation a domestic terrorist organisation. Is it disallowed to openly display sympathy for such an organisation (which might be contraray to the 1st amendment, for which there is no equivalent in most EU countries)? Is it illegal to provide financial support to it? What other consequences are there?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,117
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

5 hours ago, Andriya said:

I have a political question which is not related to the Christian faith. As I am a citizen of the EU, I do not know about the details of the legal consequences if the US government declares an organisation a domestic terrorist organisation. Is it disallowed to openly display sympathy for such an organisation (which might be contraray to the 1st amendment, for which there is no equivalent in most EU countries)? Is it illegal to provide financial support to it? What other consequences are there?

You can openly display support to it, but I do not believe it is legal to provide financial support.    The Holyland Trial in Texas in 2009 was raising money directly for Hamas as I remember and people went to prison over it.

• Thumbs Up 1