• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  959
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,689
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Just now, Neighbor said:

I've read the back of the book and I know who wins.

The whole of "the book" reveals Yeshua. He has won from before the beginning, as is illustrated throughout "the Book". His final victory being our great blessing. It is the scarlet thread of salvation told us from Genesis through Revelation.

The back of the book shows no more nor less the certain victory that is found for us in Yeshua. Without the beginning the ending hangs on nothing. Our hope certain is there to be found in it all. That is all Christians mutually joyous hope, and it is our hope certain.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.66
  • Days Won:  1

16 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

As I see it,  in the analogy presented to us Israel represents the natural branches of the cultivated olive tree. While the Gentiles represent the branches of the wild olive tree. NEITHER being a tree root.

Yeah, we see it differently there.  You see Israel ad branches on a tree, if I'm understanding you rightly, but I see Israel as being the tree itself and the roots of that tree are that tree since they are inseparable from it without killing it.

So if you see Israel as the branches growing from the tree, what do you see the rest of the tree they grow from as being (some kind of biblical reference would be helpful, I'm not asking for specific scripture just a reference to what and roughly where it is said)?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  203
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  3,476
  • Content Per Day:  6.16
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

On 10/21/2023 at 5:12 PM, AnOrangeCat said:

Romans 11 has a lengthy section that compares gentile believers to branches grafted in to an olive tree. One of the parts of it that stands out the most to me is where he tells us not to be arrogant about it because God could just as easily break us off from the tree and cut us off from the life giving roots. That's how I feel about it.

My local fellowship just went over Romans chapters 9-11 this Sunday, and these chapters are so clear on the matter! (I got new light myself) The Jews, as a whole, have been removed for a time, due to their rejecting of the messiah, God's Son.  And we, the "wild olive branch," have been grafted in, until the fullness of the gentiles comes to pass.

But then, it clearly says the Jews, as the "natural olive branch," will be grafted back in.

He is faithful!!!

Graft.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,561
  • Content Per Day:  12.15
  • Days Won:  31

10 hours ago, Renskedejonge said:

That they can't see the forest for the trees or the olive tree for the branches grafted in. There are now so many gentile believers that the replacement believers forget that there were always Jewish christians. 

And I think it's just that those gentile believers are jealous. Used to talk to a guy on a Dutch forum who was anti Israel. He was just jealous because as a kid he was in a christian school and they had a map of Israel in the class room. Not Holland. Israel. Israel this. Israel that. Israel was fantastic and those are the chosen people and you're just a stupid heathen LOL. 

Just like the brothers from Joseph.

@Renskedejonge Since it was through the Jews that Gentiles have been blessed, it calls for a lot of humility on the part of Christians from a Gentile background.

• Thumbs Up 2