IGNORED

Mike Johnson - New Speaker of the House & Fundamentalist Christian (Oh No!)

Vine Abider

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

50 minutes ago, TrueFollowerOfChrist said:

I will admit that I know nothing about this man. However the idea of having a real Christian as the highest ranking member of Congress definitely makes me smile from ear to ear, and even more so when I realize how ticked off the Democrats are about it. We need more Christians with spines in Congress who will tell the liberals what to go do with themselves. We need people to return this country to its roots. Hopefully this guy can help with that.

Agree,the country need to go back to it roots and pray so God forgives us  our sins ( talking about my country also)

God will decide who He wants to be in charge and if it's will,it will be done!

He puts people on and takes them down,you might not agree with his doctrine but he sounds  that He's a Christian who loves the Lord:emot-heartbeat:

Very refreshing.. :)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,332
  • Content Per Day:  2.81
  • Days Won:  0

7 hours ago, Vine Abider said:

but I do hope he listens to the Lord's Spirit within him, and is not just trying to pursue some outward letter of the law.

If he is a Christian the the letter of the law is not what he is following it has been fulfilled and not in use by Christians.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,264
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  1

8 hours ago, Vine Abider said:

Found this online quoting "religious scholar Matthew D. Taylor in another website" (The Bulwark): https://www.alternet.org/mike-johnson-2666097810/  (this article has been picked up by several outlets)

So just association with this organization (if true) doesn't make him good or bad, and also could be left-leaning propoganda (or not).

Matthew Taylor was the one who did the extensive documentary on the NAR that I alluded to earlier.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  201
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  3,431
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

I'm reading that LGBTQ groups are preparing themselves for Johnson to attack their civil rights.  One thing I read had a headline about him wanting to criminalize certain LGBTQ behaviors, yet when I read the article, it didn't really say anything about that.  But rather that in the past he sought to do things like take federal funding away from trans-sex education and therapies. 

Personally I think everyone has equal rights as per the US Constitution and that needs to be enforced, but that doesn't extend to the Federal government supporting (with taxpayer $$ & legislation) all the LGBTQ education and initiatives, especially for children!

But back to 1 Cor 5:12 - I don't want to focus on judging things in the world, but rather on our Lord and only Savior from this mess!