• Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  244
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  7,005
  • Content Per Day:  3.28
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

17 minutes ago, Still Alive said:

It gets a bit uncomfortable in Church when I say "I do not believe the bible is the word of God. Rather, I believe it contains the word of God." It's the words of men, inspired by God. And if I want to read the Scripture as mentioned in 2 Timothy, well, that would be the Septuagint and probably 1 Enoch. Yet a lot of that is not contained in any of the common English translations of the bible. 

Opinion noted but with a reminder of the Worthy Statement of Faith.

Quote:

"We believe that the 66 books of the Canon, from Genesis to Revelation are the exhaustive, inerrant and inspired word of God."

• This is Worthy 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,345
  • Content Per Day:  7.99
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

2 hours ago, Eli1 said:

I'm saying that the Bible did not fall from the sky, this is what i'm saying. 
What about you? What do you believe?

I agree with this statement by Matt Slick
What is meant by the inspiration of the Scriptures?

by Matt Slick | Sep 2, 2010 | Questions, The Bible

When Christians say that the Bible is inspired, they are saying that it is “God-breathed.”  2 Tim. 3:16-17 says “All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness; 17 that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work.”  The word for “inspired” is the Greek θεόπνευστος, “theopneustos,” which means “God-breathed.”  In other words, this means that the Scriptures are authored from God and that God moved through the personality and abilities of the biblical writers in such a way that what they wrote was without error and was correct in everything that it addressed.  Therefore, the Scriptures are the product of both God and man, and the Scriptures reflect the writing style of different individuals.

This process of inspiration was not a mechanical dictation where the writer simply wrote down what was heard.  Neither did they go into a trance-like some cases of “automatic writing” which are said to occur in occult practices.  Instead, the writers of the Bible were free to write what they wanted, the way they wanted, and when they wanted; yet it was God moving through them to ensure the integrity and accuracy of what was said.

Furthermore, the Christian church recognizes the inspired Scriptures because the Holy Spirit, who indwells believers, recognizes the voice of God.  The church did not give us the Scriptures.  The Christian church recognized the Christian Scriptures.

• Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  136
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/01/1978

Love that ^. Yes, I totally agree with it 100%. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,345
  • Content Per Day:  7.99
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Then you would have to agree with 
Genesis 1:5 (KJV)
[5] And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day

It can't grammatically be understood any other way than a 24 hr. period of time...

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, enoob57 said:

Then you would have to agree with 
Genesis 1:5 (KJV)
[5] And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day

It can't grammatically be understood any other way than a 24 hr. period of time...

Not at all because first this is in contradiction with what we observe on how old the universe is. 

Also, as that post above says:

Therefore, the Scriptures are the product of both God and man, and the Scriptures reflect the writing style of different individuals.

This is what i've been saying for years. The new testament writers for example, the apostilles themselves, i consider them the original Protestants. 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  773
  • Content Per Day:  0.83
  • Birthday:  09/05/1962

These are some of the verses that contradict evolution proponents.

Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

Genesis 1:26-27 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

Exodus 20:11 For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

Romans 1:19-21 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them. For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

Romans 1:25  Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

Hebrews 11:3 Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.

9 minutes ago, Eli1 said:

Not at all because first this is in contradiction with what we observe on how old the universe is. 

Observe?  I can observe that it's been around for 62 years.  Beyond that, my great grandparents observed it from the late 1800's.  I can read about people who observed it centuries ago, but I didn't observe that myself.  We can measure the distance between stars and our planet and say that according to our measurements the light from distant stars took thousands of years to get here, but we can't OBSERVE the age of the universe.

1 minute ago, RV_Wizard said:

Observe?  I can observe that it's been around for 62 years.  Beyond that, my great grandparents observed it from the late 1800's.  I can read about people who observed it centuries ago, but I didn't observe that myself.  We can measure the distance between stars and our planet and say that according to our measurements the light from distant stars took thousands of years to get here, but we can't OBSERVE the age of the universe.

I don't know what to make of this my friend. You trying to say that we don't know for sure?

Yes, i agree with that. We don't know for sure. 

1 hour ago, Eli1 said:

I don't know what to make of this my friend. You trying to say that we don't know for sure?

Yes, i agree with that. We don't know for sure. 

Observe means that you see it.  You can't observe the age of anything unless you observe its origination.  We can't observe the age of the universe.  An omnipotent God can speak another world just like this one into existence.  He is not limited to things we think are possible.

19 minutes ago, RV_Wizard said:

Observe means that you see it.  You can't observe the age of anything unless you observe its origination.  We can't observe the age of the universe.  An omnipotent God can speak another world just like this one into existence.  He is not limited to things we think are possible.

I mean, i agree with a lot of what you're saying here so i guess it's just the How which we are arguing, and we all have different conclusions on that. 
But in no way, and i mean no way this puts any doubt for me that God has created us. It's just a matter of How.

In regards to what we observe, the general consensus is 13.7 billion years old but now with a new telescope this number has changed things a bit because people were surprised to see how fast galaxies were forming after the Big Bang. 

So, things change based on what we observe, measure and make some educated guesses. Ultimately this comes down to only a Creator has put all this complicated marvel in motion and we are just like children being amazed at what we are seeing.