• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,147
  • Content Per Day:  4.61
  • Days Won:  327

11 hours ago, Starise said:

Sorry kwik I'm slow on the uptake sometimes. I have unfortunately ate, eaten, err, consumed that bait on occasion. I see those as the darts we evade. 

Pride is one of the major obstacles to getting through to anyone. Sometimes I wish the Lord would just knock the legs out from under all those chairs.

We had a Dear Beloved Brother here that had passed- he would always say something about getting off his high horse as Jesus Rides by on His donkey!

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,147
  • Content Per Day:  4.61
  • Days Won:  327

11 hours ago, Know Jah said:

What has always puzzled me about incarnation is that it would nullify the ransom. Because that would mean Jesus would not be truly human. he would be part human and part god.

Blessings @Know Jah

This is exactly what is a tremendous stumbling block for so many - this is where "we," are truly Blessed with that little " Measure of Faith" that is Deposited - we Feed that Measure with God's Word and as it Blossoms our Knowledge and Understanding Increases by the Power of Holy Spirit -its not ' how much' Faith one has or " what"one Believes but WHO we Believe

You are 100 perceny correct that IF Jesus were " part" human and part God that would indeed nullify the Ransom.....this we Know,that Jesus IS God FULLY ( as He Reduced Himself to Servitude He was fully human)we don't have to know " how's we only need Believe

So ,really - how can this be? The same way we are a triune creature so IS our Creator

This thread is about the Jewish Jesus,the historical man Jesus born of a woman - fully human,the mortal lineage proves that - born & died.Ah,but then on the 3rd day- He Rose!Something no human being could do!Remember Jesus Words" I Give up My Spirit".....Father,Son and Holy Spirit -Halleluyah! Our Redeemer Lives!

Understanding the lineage of the Promised Seed is not really about the race,is it?God Chose Whom He Chose & not because He is a Respecter of persons -He Could Have Chosen any race but they would trace back to Adam

The ' race' correct me if I'm wrong was Israelites - Judaism was the Faith of those Israelites who chose to serve the One True Almighty Living God ,the Great I Am

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  360
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  0

I'm not sure about the question.  But here is my take on God in the Old and New Testaments.

Elohim is the name of God in the initial creation in Genesis, and it is a plural form, indicating Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.  Jesus created the universe in the opening verses of Genesis, although he is not named separately from Elohim. The Spirit of God that moved upon the face of the waters is clearly the Holy Spirit. The breath of life into Adams nostrils is surely the life giving Holy Spirit.  And while the creation is clearly the will of the Father, it is the Son who is the active agent of creation.

John 1:3

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.  The same was in the beginning with God.  All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Jesus did not come into being when he was born of Mary.  Jesus has always been with God, and has always been God.  But he did make a tremendous sacrifice just to become a man, in order to fulfill the great sacrifice of dying for the sins of mankind, so that the man he created in the beginning could continue to live in the presence of God, in full unity with God.  This was God's plan all along.  It is the will of the Father.

All salvation is by faith through grace.  There is no salvation by the law.  And faith has to be personal, just as grace is the powerful love of God.  This has always been true for both Jew and gentile.  Salvation through faith came first to the jew because God revealed himself to Jews first.  Faith is what saved Abraham.  And the God of Abraham was Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.  Even when Jesus became flesh he mainly spoke as the Jewish Messiah to Jews.  He is the Jewish Messiah who fulfills the Old Testament prophesies.  But Jesus's sacrifice on the cross is what brings gentiles into a knowledge of God.  And this ultimate act of love is extended to all mankind.  This is the will of the Father, followed faithfully by his Son Jesus.

John 3:16

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Jesus has always been God.  Salvation has always been through faith, by the grace of God.  God's plan has always been to draw Jew and gentile to himself, in his time, and in his way.  And only a remnant of each will come to God in faith and love.

Galatians 3:28-29

There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.  And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  192
  • Content Per Day:  0.38

6 hours ago, Your closest friendnt said:

Hello @Truswell, thank you for posting. I have only look through the first part of your post and I have to endorse it because I have not found or as I know anything else that will lead me to any disagreement. There is something that I would like to ask you, if you know about it. Is there a way to find out if there is a scripture that tell us the definition of "Jewish". Why anyone can call himself or someone else Jewish. What is the criteria that were  considered? Were the disciples Jews? And if not what were they? What is the distinction between a Jew and a Jewish? 

Hello,

Jew
The name derived from the patriarch Judah, at first given to one belonging to the tribe of Judah or to the separate kingdom of Judah (2Ki_16:6; 2Ki_25:25; Jer_32:12; Jer_38:19; Jer_40:11; Jer_41:3), in contradistinction from those belonging to the kingdom of the ten tribes, who were called Israelites.

During the Captivity, and after the Restoration, the name, however, was extended to all the Hebrew nation without distinction (Est_3:6, Est_3:10; Dan_3:8, Dan_3:12; Ezr_4:12; Ezr_5:1, Ezr_5:5).

Originally this people were called Hebrews (Gen_39:14; Gen_40:15; Exo_2:7; Exo_3:18; Exo_5:3; 1Sa_4:6, 1Sa_4:9, etc.), but after the Exile this name fell into disuse. But Paul was styled a Hebrew (2Co_11:22; Php_3:5).

The history of the Jewish nation is interwoven with the history of Palestine and with the narratives of the lives of their rulers and chief men. They are now dispersed over all lands, and to this day remain a separate people, “without a king, and without a prince, and without a sacrifice, and without an image [R.V. 'pillar,' marg. 'obelisk'], and without an ephod, and without teraphim” (Hos_3:4). Till about the beginning of the present century they were everywhere greatly oppressed, and often cruelly persecuted; but now their condition is greatly improved, and they are admitted in most European countries to all the rights of free citizens. In 1860 the “Jewish disabilities” were removed, and they were admitted to a seat in the British Parliament. Their number in all is estimated at about six millions, about four millions being in Europe.

There are three names used in the New Testament to designate this people,
(1.) Jews, as regards their nationality, to distinguish them from Gentiles.
(2.) Hebrews, with regard to their language and education, to distinguish them from Hellenists, i.e., Jews who spoke the Greek language.
(3.) Israelites, as respects their sacred privileges as the chosen people of God. “To other races we owe the splendid inheritance of modern civilization and secular culture; but the religious education of mankind has been the gift of the Jew alone.”

(Easton's Dictionary)

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  294
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

I have another question. If Jesus was fully human and fully died.. Where was God? God cannot die right? Is that too a puzzle?

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,126
  • Content Per Day:  9.66
  • Days Won:  149

24 minutes ago, Know Jah said:

I have another question. If Jesus was fully human and fully died.. Where was God? God cannot die right? Is that too a puzzle?

The father who was never crucified desired the Son to go to earth to be crucified. For a short time Jesus laid down His life but was always under the protection of the Father. Jesus agreed with the Father in laying down His life.

Guest AFlameOfFire
1 hour ago, Know Jah said:

The "nature of" God and angels do not die (Luke 20:36) it says,

Heb 2:16 For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham.

He was made a little lower than the angels for "the suffering of" death

Hebrews 2:9 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.

Guest AFlameOfFire
1 hour ago, Know Jah said:

Here it shows the Father was with him

John 16:32 Behold, the hour cometh, yea, is now come, that ye shall be scattered, every man to his own, and shall leave me alone:  and yet I am not alone, because the Father is with me.

Here's another verse pertaining to the days in his flesh

Hebrews 5:7 Who in the days of his flesh, when he had offered up prayers and supplications with strong crying and tears unto him that was able to save him from death, and was heard in that he feared;

Upon the cross before he breathed his last

Mat 27:46 And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,890
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

2 hours ago, Know Jah said:

Can you give a scripture from Paul that says just that. Not what the Heavenly Father made Jesus to be after the Cross and his resurrection and his ascension but before his death. Not after his death.

Jesus the appointed Christ to be from God his Father, did he ever said that he was God. 

He said that he was from God and accepted when People were saying and John the Baptist said that he is the Son of God, but did he ever said that I am God, and I have my own Kingdom. Did Jesus ever say that he has his own kingdom?  Every God has his kingdom? Did Jesus say that he has a Kingdom? and asked from people to worship Him as God. Did Jesus said things to the contrary?