When praying...

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  80
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  2

When i pray i am having problems with asking God for help in any of my personal matters. i think how big the world is and know that there are people with bigger problems than what ive got. i feel selfish asking for any help, for anything. They are serious problems i am dealing with, and a big deal to me, but in a world's eye view i know they are so very miniscule, so very unimportant, and so very small. Why even bother God with my personal struggles in life, when there are bigger things happening in the world right now, like people dying and people hungry and people experiencing real life emergencies?

Does anyone have any scriptures that might help address my confidence in feeling like God genuinely wants to help me? Or advice?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  107
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,820
  • Content Per Day:  1.30

38 minutes ago, itty-bitty lamb said:

When i pray i am having problems with asking God for help in any of my personal matters. i think how big the world is and know that there are people with bigger problems than what ive got. i feel selfish asking for any help, for anything. They are serious problems i am dealing with, and a big deal to me, but in a world's eye view i know they are so very miniscule, so very unimportant, and so very small. Why even bother God with my personal struggles in life, when there are bigger things happening in the world right now, like people dying and people hungry and people experiencing real life emergencies?

Does anyone have any scriptures that might help address my confidence in feeling like God genuinely wants to help me? Or advice?

Yes, the problems of this world are terribly huge and horrible.

However, our daily issues are important to God because they are important to us and he wants us to live an abundant life here.  John 10:10.  That doesn't mean the health and wealth lies of some churches, but it means a full life committed to him.

1.  Tell God that you are having trouble bringing your burdens to him because you don't think that they are important to him.  Tell him what you have told us.

2.  The Bible says for us to "cast ALL your cares on him [God] BECAUSE he cares for you."...1 Peter 5:7.  "All" means all.  No matter how trivial or how gigantic.

3.  The devil is thrilled when we do not cast all our cares on God. If he can get us less dependent on the LORD, we become prime targets for his evilness.

Edited by Jayne
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.72
  • Days Won:  0

14 hours ago, itty-bitty lamb said:

feel selfish asking for any help, for anything. They are serious problems i am dealing with, and a big deal to me,

God loves you enough to send his Son to die a lingering  degrading  death.

He loves you enough to adopt you into his family with the right of immediate  access to him.

If they are serious problems tell your heavenly Father about them, all about them, your feelings, your fears, hopes, how they physically  affect you, mentally  and spiritually. 

The Lmighty Creator of the Universe, the One who spoke and it came into being, the One whose current word holds all things together is interested in you!

That is mind blowing,  but it's true, so talk to your heavenly daddy. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/5/2023 at 9:31 PM, Jayne said:

Yes, the problems of this world are terribly huge and horrible.

However, our daily issues are important to God because they are important to us and he wants us to live an abundant life here.  John 10:10.  That doesn't mean the health and wealth lies of some churches, but it means a full life committed to him.

1.  Tell God that you are having trouble bringing your burdens to him because you don't think that they are important to him.  Tell him what you have told us.

2.  The Bible says for us to "cast ALL your cares on him [God] BECAUSE he cares for you."...1 Peter 5:7.  "All" means all.  No matter how trivial or how gigantic.

3.  The devil is thrilled when we do not cast all our cares on God. If he can get us less dependent on the LORD, we become prime targets for his evilness.

Thank you for replying and thank you for the advice and encouragement. i loved the scripture.

• Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, Who me said:

God loves you enough to send his Son to die a lingering  degrading  death.

He loves you enough to adopt you into his family with the right of immediate  access to him.

If they are serious problems tell your heavenly Father about them, all about them, your feelings, your fears, hopes, how they physically  affect you, mentally  and spiritually. 

The Lmighty Creator of the Universe, the One who spoke and it came into being, the One whose current word holds all things together is interested in you!

That is mind blowing,  but it's true, so talk to your heavenly daddy. 

Thank you. i did not mean to sound like i was undermining what Jesus did for me on the cross. But thank you for replying.

5 hours ago, itty-bitty lamb said:

Thank you. i did not mean to sound like i was undermining what Jesus did for me on the cross. But thank you for replying.

I was trying to kick you into praying, so satisfy  my curiosity are you praying intelligently about your problems?

Are you seeking help from trusted Christians or from your doctor.

There are many Christians who will help either by doing, by listening, or by praying, so make use of the help God provided before you asked.

• Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, Who me said:

I was trying to kick you into praying, so satisfy  my curiosity are you praying intelligently about your problems?

Are you seeking help from trusted Christians or from your doctor.

There are many Christians who will help either by doing, by listening, or by praying, so make use of the help God provided before you asked.

i don't know what an intelligent prayer is. i have read that there is structure in a perfect prayer you can follow. Maybe that is what you mean?

When i pray i just mostly let the Spirit tell me how to pray. i end up praying for other people most of the time. i was saying when i created the thread that i have a problem praying for myself and my own needs. i apologize for not being clear on that.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Content Count:  6,873
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

On 11/5/2023 at 7:53 PM, itty-bitty lamb said:

Our purpose is to glorify God in all we do. When we come to him with our problems, little or big, we are coming in humility, admitting that He is God and we need and desire Him in all aspects of our life. When we come to Him, fully trusting Him to hear even our smallest prayers, we are letting Him know that we understand and appreciate that He is omnipotent and omniscient (He knows what is best in all situations, and He has limitless power to hear and answer ALL the prayers of ALL the people in the world). We are letting Him know that there is no area, large or small, of our hearts and lives that we do not seek His aid and His guidance and His glory. We come to Him in childlikeness, total dependence, as Jesus commanded. Do you remember this short episode?

Then children were brought to him that he might lay his hands on them and pray. The disciples rebuked the people, but Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of heaven.” And he laid his hands on them and went away. -- Matthew 19:13-15

Now you would never hinder a child coming to their father, right? Why would you then hinder yourself coming to your heavenly Father? Meditate on what it means to be the child of a Father of infinite love and power; how strongly does He desire you to come to Him at all times and for every need of yours?

Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer. -- Romans 12:12

Be constant in prayer. Constant!

This may also help, sister: https://ofthehearth.com/praying-about-the-little-things/

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, BK1110 said:

Our purpose is to glorify God in all we do. When we come to him with our problems, little or big, we are coming in humility, admitting that He is God and we need and desire Him in all aspects of our life. When we come to Him, fully trusting Him to hear even our smallest prayers, we are letting Him know that we understand and appreciate that He is omnipotent and omniscient (He knows what is best in all situations, and He has limitless power to hear and answer ALL the prayers of ALL the people in the world). We are letting Him know that there is no area, large or small, of our hearts and lives that we do not seek His aid and His guidance and His glory. We come to Him in childlikeness, total dependence, as Jesus commanded. Do you remember this short episode?

Then children were brought to him that he might lay his hands on them and pray. The disciples rebuked the people, but Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of heaven.” And he laid his hands on them and went away. -- Matthew 19:13-15

Now you would never hinder a child coming to their father, right? Why would you then hinder yourself coming to your heavenly Father? Meditate on what it means to be the child of a Father of infinite love and power; how strongly does He desire you to come to Him at all times and for every need of yours?

Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer. -- Romans 12:12

Be constant in prayer. Constant!

This may also help, sister: https://ofthehearth.com/praying-about-the-little-things/

This was very helpful for me, thank you for sharing your words and for the link. i have never considered that praying for myself over things i feel so small is also beneficial for me in my relationship with God - like tuning a car. i have always seen it as being a burden to God, like a child whining over nothing at all.

i guess it really does have a lot to do with that father and child relationship. Of which mine was hardly a relationship at all as a child with my own father. My childhood was an abusive environment before being placed into foster homes. And my experience with foster parents were just maintaining my existence, rather than nurturing it.

So now i am understanding the deeper roots of my problem, i feel.

15 hours ago, itty-bitty lamb said:

what an intelligent prayer is

It is a prayer that addresses the real needs of a person or situation, something other than " God bless those in need! "