• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  80
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  2

2 hours ago, Who me said:

It is a prayer that addresses the real needs of a person or situation, something other than " God bless those in need! "

Thank you for your concern.

i am praying *intelligently*.

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Content Count:  6,873
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

17 hours ago, itty-bitty lamb said:

This was very helpful for me, thank you for sharing your words and for the link. i have never considered that praying for myself over things i feel so small is also beneficial for me in my relationship with God - like tuning a car. i have always seen it as being a burden to God, like a child whining over nothing at all.

i guess it really does have a lot to do with that father and child relationship. Of which mine was hardly a relationship at all as a child with my own father. My childhood was an abusive environment before being placed into foster homes. And my experience with foster parents were just maintaining my existence, rather than nurturing it.

So now i am understanding the deeper roots of my problem, i feel.

Glad to be of any small help. Will pray for you. God has good purposes for all trials and sufferings we go through. Perhaps due to your difficult childhood, you will be able to grow to love and appreciate God as a Father on levels deeper and more wonderful than those of us who were blessed with good parents and so too easily take it for granted!

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,398
  • Content Per Day:  12.16
  • Days Won:  31

On 11/7/2023 at 1:51 PM, itty-bitty lamb said:

i don't know what an intelligent prayer is. i have read that there is structure in a perfect prayer you can follow. Maybe that is what you mean?

When i pray i just mostly let the Spirit tell me how to pray. i end up praying for other people most of the time. i was saying when i created the thread that i have a problem praying for myself and my own needs. i apologize for not being clear on that.

@itty-bitty lamb It's good to let Scripture guide prayer.........

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/5/2023 at 9:31 PM, Jayne said:

Yes, the problems of this world are terribly huge and horrible.

However, our daily issues are important to God because they are important to us and he wants us to live an abundant life here.  John 10:10.  That doesn't mean the health and wealth lies of some churches, but it means a full life committed to him.

1.  Tell God that you are having trouble bringing your burdens to him because you don't think that they are important to him.  Tell him what you have told us.

2.  The Bible says for us to "cast ALL your cares on him [God] BECAUSE he cares for you."...1 Peter 5:7.  "All" means all.  No matter how trivial or how gigantic.

3.  The devil is thrilled when we do not cast all our cares on God. If he can get us less dependent on the LORD, we become prime targets for his evilness.

@Jayne Prayer helps us to look beyond circumstances; Hebrews 12.2............

• Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

On 11/5/2023 at 7:53 PM, itty-bitty lamb said:

When i pray i am having problems with asking God for help in any of my personal matters. i think how big the world is and know that there are people with bigger problems than what ive got. i feel selfish asking for any help, for anything. They are serious problems i am dealing with, and a big deal to me, but in a world's eye view i know they are so very miniscule, so very unimportant, and so very small. Why even bother God with my personal struggles in life, when there are bigger things happening in the world right now, like people dying and people hungry and people experiencing real life emergencies?

Does anyone have any scriptures that might help address my confidence in feeling like God genuinely wants to help me? Or advice?

I'm reminded of Elijah at mount Sinai when an explosion of fire followed by a tornadic wind (all of which Elijah expected to be the voice of God... but then he heard  a still small voice... a whisper and he threw his mantle up over his face for in it he heard the voice of God.

Point being, don't underestimate God not overestimate him. He cares. He cares deeply for all who love his Son Jesus (John 16:26-27). 

God already knows about whatever you are reluctant to pray for and in waiting for you to pray. He cares about the number of hairs on our heads.

Make your prayer to God with joy.

He may not answer affirmatively or he may say yes or he may say wait...

but he does answer all your prayers.

• Loved it! 1

Hi @itty-bitty lamb Here's a good verse also: "I will pray with the spirit, and I will pray with the understanding also: I will sing with the spirit, and I will sing with the understanding also." (1 Corinthians 14.15)

• Loved it! 1

15 hours ago, BK1110 said:

Glad to be of any small help. Will pray for you. God has good purposes for all trials and sufferings we go through. Perhaps due to your difficult childhood, you will be able to grow to love and appreciate God as a Father on levels deeper and more wonderful than those of us who were blessed with good parents and so too easily take it for granted!

How very encouraging for me, to think i could be a mature Christian in that way. You've enlightened my eyes with hope, that i could know God as a Father on wonderful levels.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

1 hour ago, JohnD said:

I'm reminded of Elijah at mount Sinai when an explosion of fire followed by a tornadic wind (all of which Elijah expected to be the voice of God... but then he heard  a still small voice... a whisper and he threw his mantle up over his face for in it he heard the voice of God.

Point being, don't underestimate God not overestimate him. He cares. He cares deeply for all who love his Son Jesus (John 16:26-27). 

God already knows about whatever you are reluctant to pray for and in waiting for you to pray. He cares about the number of hairs on our heads.

Make your prayer to God with joy.

He may not answer affirmatively or he may say yes or he may say wait...

but he does answer all your prayers.

Oh wow, what a great lesson here, to not overestimate or underestimate God, and example from the Bible given. If this was a sermon at one point i am sad i wasn't there to listen to all the points given. Yes God does already know what is in my heart, and the prayers that need to be said. i think i sometimes believe in this so well that i just skip praying about me because He already knows what i need. But i am reminded that it helps to voice your prayers audibly, for edifying, confirming, and admiting.

• Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

6 minutes ago, itty-bitty lamb said:

Oh wow, what a great lesson here, to not overestimate or underestimate God, and example from the Bible given. If this was a sermon at one point i am sad i wasn't there to listen to all the points given. Yes God does already know what is in my heart, and the prayers that need to be said. i think i sometimes believe in this so well that i just skip praying about me because He already knows what i need. But i am reminded that it helps to voice your prayers audibly, for edifying, confirming, and admiting.

Amen.

No sermon. Just listening to the Holy Spirit who wanted you to know / remind you of these things.

One way we fellowship with God is to pray... about everything. He cares and has blessed us with so very very much

(more than we are aware of or appreciative of).

The beat of our heart, the breath we breathe... mobility (ask a para or quadriplegic), food, clothes, shelter, money, car, insurance, gas...

love, family, friends, and most of all Jesus.

Talk to God about everyday routine things thanking him and praying for guidance and wisdom and blessing / healing / deliverance whatever you need or think.

It is after all our acknowledgement that HE is the Source / the Blessing / on whom we utterly depend.

And we will be blessed with the pleasure of our Heavenly Father.

Jesus speaking:

John 16:27 (KJV)
27 For the Father himself loveth you, because ye have loved me, and have believed that I came out from God.

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,094
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/25/1970

On 11/6/2023 at 2:53 AM, itty-bitty lamb said:

When i pray i am having problems with asking God for help in any of my personal matters. i think how big the world is and know that there are people with bigger problems than what ive got. i feel selfish asking for any help, for anything. They are serious problems i am dealing with, and a big deal to me, but in a world's eye view i know they are so very miniscule, so very unimportant, and so very small. Why even bother God with my personal struggles in life, when there are bigger things happening in the world right now, like people dying and people hungry and people experiencing real life emergencies?

Does anyone have any scriptures that might help address my confidence in feeling like God genuinely wants to help me? Or advice?

Meanwhile I just ask Him where my whatever thing I lost is. The latest was a 2 mm screw. There it is. Thanks Lord!

Philippians 4:6-7 ESV

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Philippians 4:19 ESV

And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus

Matthew 10:29-31 ESV 

Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? And not one of them will fall to the ground apart from your Father. But even the hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not, therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows.

• Thumbs Up 1